Lena95

Dental Insurance?

24 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Im sorry if im posting this into the wrong section but I didnt know where else to put it.

I need yalls help. My wisdom teeth are coming out so I need to go to the dentist to get all 4 of them out.

Now my problem is that im from Germany and I have no insurance over here in Texas.

My wife can put me into hers but we would have to wait until August but thats too long..I cant stand it anymore. 

What should I do? Doing it without insurance would be too expensive. Does anyone know if there is an insurance out there that I can get? Like some type of insurance for immigrants or something thats not toooo expensive?

I would appreciate any help! Thank you guys!!

Lena look for dental insurance something like Delta Dental.

I'm not sure if your spouse has a dental rider with their health insurance. I know a lot don't. 

Most Dental insurance that I've used had no waiting period so look into it. 

4 minutes ago, Lena95 said:

Hey guys!

Im sorry if im posting this into the wrong section but I didnt know where else to put it.

I need yalls help. My wisdom teeth are coming out so I need to go to the dentist to get all 4 of them out.

Now my problem is that im from Germany and I have no insurance over here in Texas.

My wife can put me into hers but we would have to wait until August but thats too long..I cant stand it anymore. 

What should I do? Doing it without insurance would be too expensive. Does anyone know if there is an insurance out there that I can get? Like some type of insurance for immigrants or something thats not toooo expensive?

I would appreciate any help! Thank you guys!!

Dental Insurance is something that is usually separate from health insurance. I'd suggest you find yourself some health insurance if possible - either purchase it privately, be added onto your spouse's insurance, have insurance at a place of employer if you have one, or sign up for Obamacare (via the federal exchange). Despite that though, you'd have to investigate if any of those plans actually offered dental insurance (usually a separate fee) or included it in the main premium.  All persons residing in the US must have health insurance or pay a penalty in taxes - immigrants are not exempt from this. The state of dental insurance in this country is pretty poor though, I should warn you. Don't expect it to pay out a lot. I can tell you that oral surgery is very expensive - personally had my wisdoms out, having no insurance back in the day. The cost was somewhere around $5,000 (btw I would have paid that a million times because honestly it was worth it and I now live my life without facial agony). Many dentists do understand that it is expensive and if you should have no insurance, will sign you up for a payment plan agreement or put the charges usually on 'carecredit' or something like that. Perhaps that would be an option you could look into.

There is absolutely no way you'll find dental insurance that'll allow you to have oral surgery within a minimum of 12 months.

All the policies we looked at you had to wait 12-18 months after taking the policy out to have any work done. They do this to stop people from using the insurance and hen not renewing when the premium goes up.

I paid in cash to have two taken out. It was only $300 which is way less than I thought it would be. 

5 hours ago, databit said:

Some people go to Mexico for dental care. Since you are close to the border, you might ask friends if they know anyone who has done this.

This, if and only if you have at least Advance Parole, if not a green card.

You're enviably close to Nuevo Progreso, south on FM 1015 near Weslaco, about halfway between McAllen & Harlingen.

See: http://www.shop-progreso.com and click the Dentists tab.  I can make recommendations via PM after that.

8 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

This, if and only if you have at least Advance Parole, if not a green card.

You're enviably close to Nuevo Progreso, south on FM 1015 near Weslaco, about halfway between McAllen & Harlingen.

See: http://www.shop-progreso.com and click the Dentists tab.  I can make recommendations via PM after that.

If your car has any work that needs to be done, that can be really inexpensive in Mexico, too. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

You can look to see if any studies are going on. I actually got paid to take mine out. They put me under and when I woke up gave me either tramadol or ibuprofun. If the pain kept getting worse every 15 min check in, instead of better, they finally supplied the good stuff.  I'm thinking I was in the ibuprofen group... 

look up dental discount plans. they will not pay for it to be done but they will lower your price and since they are not paying to get it done. there should be no waiting time.

good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.