Sign in to follow this  
Carlos&Alyssa

Websites like RapidVisa.com? Good or bad?

8 posts in this topic

Hello! I am about to start the process for a K-1 Visa...someone I know went through a website, RapidVisa.com that helped her along with all the paperwork, what I am looking for is advice to wether or not a website like this is beneficial or not necessary? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks much! :)

Hello! I am about to start the process for a K-1 Visa...someone I know went through a website, RapidVisa.com that helped her along with all the paperwork, what I am looking for is advice to wether or not a website like this is beneficial or not necessary? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks much! :)

All the information in on VJ, you do all the work they take your money?

so long as you read everything thoroughly, take your time, and follow the instructions then i think paying money for help is just a waste of money. im just starting out on the K-1 right now and to be honest with you... the help and advice ive received from the wonderful people on this site has made the whole thing a lot easier. read the guides, look trough the forums, and ask all the questions (no matter how dumb they might seem) that you want.

good luck

thats what I was thinking...thanks! :)

I totally agree with the other VJ members. Please don't spend money on rapidvisa.com. If you need any help, please feel free to post your questions. Be sure to follow the guides. Good luck.

I used rapidvisa.com for my wife and kids (CR-1 and CR-2) and I can say that in the beginning it DID help me a lot. Since I was a total noob at the beginning, having rapidvisa prepare my documents for the initial submission to USCIS was very helpful. HOWEVER, after that, the site was of little help to me, in fact, it even caused me to get a RFE and delayed my case once at the NVC. I will explain.

Since I have a wife and two kids to petition for, rapidvisa does not handle children gracefully. I mean, the initial submission to USCIS accounts for Wife and kids but the second stage of the processes to prepare documents to submit to the NVC only gives you the opportunity to automatically fill out your spouses documents. I was stuck filling out forms for the kids myself. Now onto the RFE.....rapidvisa is nice because it asks you questions and then automatically fills out the necessary forms for you, which can take out some of the headache. I got burned due to a programming error in rapidvisas processes. During the initial information gathering when you list where your spouse has lived since she turned 16, they provide you with adaptive fields to fill out. As I filled out my wifes previous addresses, the form stopped allowing me to input data once I had gone 5 years back from the present day, which at the time I thought nothing of. I then sent my ds-230s to the NVC only to have my wifes kicked back to me because there was a gap in the living section. Since rapidvisa had only allowed me to input where she had lived for the previous 5 years, I was missing data that I needed to list. So I downoaded the ds-230 and filled out the form again and listed the one missing line of information and submitted the document. This little error cost me at least two weeks of wait time that could have been avoided.

If you use a service like rapidvisa, DO NOT ASSUME that they will fill in the forms correctly. I will be sure to tell rapidvisa about the shortcomings of their system.

Overall, I do like how easy they make the processes. They just need to refine their programming to adhere to all of the rules on the forms you have to submit.

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.