Nik+Heather

Civil Surgeons who DON'T rip you off [merged threads]

322 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, Catherina said:

Does that include all the test?

It doesn't. I haven't been to our scheduled appointment yet so I don't have the total but I got some prices over the phone. $180 is only the exam. I have prices for some tests but I didn't write down the name of the test next to each price so it's not really worth sharing. I think the TB skin test was $25 and the most expensive one might have been the X-ray (which you might not need if the TB skin test turns out negative). The most expensive would be the varicella vaccine at $143 but we're skipping that one since we had it when we were young. 

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, Catherina said:

So I'm confused what does transcription mean? Is that the whole check up? I need someone in Portland for cheap we are already strep for cash. I don't think I have my shot records. What kind of shot do I need

I think I read on another thread that Dr. Torres doesn't practice anymore. As for vaccinations, if you enter your age on https://www.easyime.com under "Check Vaccinations Required", you'll get the list of vaccinations that you need.

Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/13/2015 at 4:50 PM, Shivacoco said:

NYC medicals:

I had to have another medical exam which we were very annoyed about, as being a K1 visa AOS applicant you are not required to!!!! It clearly states on the 'instructions' part of the 1-693 which is current only a few months ago. We actually told them that in our response to the rfe, and didn't get it done. Nothing came up on my medical, and vaccinations were completed etc. So, something is going very wrong with USCIS with this repeated medical request...but as I have learned, not much can be done about it without delaying further. I did some research and found an awesome civil surgeon:

NYC

July 2015

Dr anthony Blau

Greencard medical exams

Phone:(212) 766-4433

305 Broadway, Suite 444, New York, NY 10007

www.greencardmedicalexam.com

Cost: $200 for exam

Turnaround: walked in for appointment on the Tuesday, at 10 am (hour after they open) and was out of there in less than 2 hours. Lots of forms to fill out, saw one person who looked over vaccination and other forms, said all is good. Then wait again, before seeing Dr Blau, who was very nice. Very, very simple and not like the medical I had in Australia. I cannot emphasise how easy this was...I was a nervous wreck beforehand (despite knowing nothing is wrong). But they were all very nice, professional, Dr Blau and the other Dr were super friendly with a sense of humor. My husband was asked if he wanted to come in too. They took blood, and did the TB skin test, both painless (for needles!) and was outta there. Had to return in 48 hours to have TB test read, was in and out within about 70 minutes. Didn't have to see Dr Blau again, just the other Dr who got me to sign. Then waited for paperwork (picked up all at same time) and read through it. Waited again, then got called up to sign. They seal it for you etc, and that is it. Payment done on first day. cash or credit card. You are given a copy of everything for your own records, and he said they have it all on their database and said they can give copies if ppl lose them. (not sure of cost) No need to fast beforehand, no urine etc, just bloods. It is a walk in situation and they ONLY DEAL WITH GREEN CARD exams...bonus!!!! Only 3 other ppl waiting both times I went. Their website has all the info on there including cost. I am not sure what it costs for vaccinations if you need them, but it is extra.

Highly recommended. They have yelp reviews too. I will add one later..

Second recommendation for this location. I went this morning at 9am for my vaccinations to be transcribed onto a I693 form and was out within an hour. 

Cost was $60, the staff were very friendly and extremely knowledgeable. There was no pressure to undergo another medical, they knew exactly what I needed and were professional and speedy in their care. 

I-129F Sent........... ...................................25th January 2016

I-129F NOA1.............................................3rd February 2016

I-129F RFE................................................30th March 2016 *Missing Beneficiary's intent to marry letter

RFE Reply................................................13th April 2016

I-129F NOA2.............................................28th April 2016

NVC Received..........................................13th May 2016

Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned..........17th May 2016

Sent to consulate....................................18th May 2016

DS-160 filled out......................................19th May 2016

Consulate received.................................26th May 2016

Packet 3 received....................................28th May 2016

Medical.....................................................11th July 2016

Interview...................................................27th July 2016 - Approved!

Entered USA............................................27th December 2016

Married.....................................................29th December 2016

AOS Filed.................................................6th January 2017

NOA..........................................................10th January 2017

Biometrics................................................7th March 2017

EAD/AP Approved....................................11th April 2017

EAD/AP Received....................................22nd April 2017

AOS Approved.........................................23rd June 2017 *Interview Waived

Greencard received..................................29th June 2017

Timeline

City/ Town: Denver

State: Colorado

Date of Service: 2017

CS Name: Benjamin Shnurr

CS Tel. no: (303) 222-2118  http://www.denvertravelclinic.com/

Cost: $75

Vaccine Transcription only available: y

Turnaround time: day

It was the only place we could find in the area that wasn't trying to forse me through another full medical exam. Appointment took a few minutes. Spent most of the time filling out their forms. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Just wanted to add that Polly Steinberg is still operating out of Bethesda in MD.

4905 Del Ray Ave #302,

Bethesda

MD, 20814

301-907-9550

She has a slightly strange but great sense of humor (she told me I was too old to be walking around with a book bag lol) and is very accessible. As others have said she answers her own phone. Only note I would add is that she only takes cash so be prepared for that.

When I went (Tuesday 28th March 2017) I paid $30 for the transcript and $60 for a blood test as I had to have one to check my immunity for MMR as my records didn't show I had it (even though I had - not Dr. Steinberg's fault). I had the results of the blood test and all the paperwork sorted first thing Thursday 30th March that same week.

She also told me I needed a flu shot but she was out of them so told me to go to a Minute Clinic in CVS. My insurance covered that so it didn't cost me.

Recommended

Edited by Adam D
Forgot to mention the flu shot

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
On 7/5/2010 at 11:28 AM, LeoLaLit said:

City/ Town: Chino Hills, CA

Date of Service: July 1, 2010

CS Name: Dr. Thomas K Y Hsu

CS Tel. no: (909) 628-4741

Address: 13768 Roswell, Suite 117, Chino, CA 91710

Cost: $30 (Just for transcription - all vacc. up to date)

Vaccine Transcription only available: YES

Turnaround time: 15 minutes

Recommended.

CASH or CHECK only, credit cards not accepted.

The fee is now $35.

4/23/16 -Mailed I129F

4/28/16 -N0A1 Text & Email received

5/2/16 -Hard copy of N0A1 received

7/12/16 -NOA2 Text & Email received (hard copy rcvd 7/15/16)

9/5/16 -Medical

9/20/16 -Interview (approved!)

10/31/16 -POE @ LAX

11/11/16 -Wedding!!

12/12/16 -AOS/EAD/AP packet mailed

12/13/16 -AOS/EAD/AP packet delivered

12/20/16 -NOA1 Texts & Emails received

12/24/16 -NOA1 Hard copies received

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Orlando/Central Florida Area

March - 2017

Dr. Rudolph Moise

Comprehensive Health Care LLC

Phone:(407) 859-8797

1018 West Oakridge Road, Orlando, FL 32809

http://chcorlando.com/

Fully Bilingual English/Spanish staff

Cost: $60 for I-693 Vaccination Transciption only

Turnaround: 3 business days

K-1 Petition - California Service Center

Sent by FedEx: Feb 9 2016

Received at CSC: Feb 10 2016

NOA1: Feb 12 2016

Approved/NOA2: May 31 2016

NOA1 TO NOA2: 111 Days

NVC Received: July 26, 2016

NOA2 TO NVC: 56 Days

NVC Case #: July 27, 2016

NVC Processing: 3 Business Days

NVC To Consulate: July 29, 2016

Consulate Received: Aug 1, 2016

Consulate Ready: Aug 5, 2016

Interview: Sep 19, 2016

(Visa Approved!)

POE: Oct 17, 2016

Wedding: Dec 22, 2016

Filed for AOS: May 5, 2017

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 10/29/2011 at 11:57 AM, Rob and Jhen said:

Maryland

City/Town: Bethesda, MD

Called 01/04/10

CS Name: Dr. Polly Steinberg

CS Tel. No: (301) 907-9550 (4905 Del Ray Avenue, Suite 302, Bethesda, MD 20814)

Cost: $30 (Just for transcription - all vacc. up to date)

Vaccine Transcription only available: y

Just wanted to add a recommendation for Dr. Steinberg. She was very nice and very fair. She charged $30 for the transcription and $60 for two vaccinations.

We previously called another CS in our area. He wanted $120 for the transcription and over $300 to include the vaccinations. Crazy!

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give my feedback after my visit today.

I live in DC and the only reasonably-priced civil surgeon I could find was Doctor Polly Steinberg in Bethesda, recommended by another user back in 2011.

She still charges $30 only for the transcription (which is all I needed to do). She gave me an appointment 10 days after I called and everything was over in less than 15 minutes.

For reference, I called other civil surgeons in DC as lister on the USCIS's website:

1. Tavicare

Dr. Delara Tavakoli

5530 Wisconsin Avenue Suite 702

Chevy Chase MD 20815

301-859-4400

=) This doctor would do vaccine transcription or medical examination but would charge $250 no matter what.

2. Dr. Rosella Castro

Dr. Rosella Castro

1630 Euclid Street North West

Washington DC 20009

202-476-5580

=) This doctor only works with children.

3. 8. Medics USA Medical Center

Dr. Khurram Rashid

2750 14th Street Northwest Suite C

Washington DC 20009

202-595-8813

&

1700 17th Street Northwest Suite A

Washington DC 20009

202-483-4400

=) This doctor's office maintained I needed to do the medical examination even though I had one oversees less than a year ago. They charged $245 for the medical. The waiting time to get an appointment was one week.

4. Georgetown University Medical Center

Dr. Daniel Sulmasy

3800 Reservoir Road Northwest Phc-6

Washington DC 20007

202-444-8168

=) This doctor's office wasn't sure if he's still a civil surgeon or not. They asked me to call back to check but I never did since I made an appointment with Dr. Steinberg in the meantime.

5. 6. 7. Nile Healthcare D.C.

Dr. Dennis Scurry / Dr. Getachew Afre / Dr. Ndubuisi Okafor

6323 Georgia Avenue Northwest Suite 104

Washington DC 20011

202-723-4448

=) These doctors could do just the transcription but they charged $120 no matter what.

I hope this information helps some of you out there in the DC area.

Good luck everyone with the AOS!

On 16/03/2011 at 0:27 AM, faithinGod said:

Here is what we used in Georgia:

Williams Wellnes Center

Dr. A. Williams

2799 Delk Road SE, #100

Marietta, GA 30067

770-955-2046

it was 40 dollars to transcribe the vaccines, they knew what we needed done , we didn`t have to explain anything.Very nice staff.

Just an update on this CS, they currently charge $120 just for transcription. Found out because I asked my fiancé to call some clinics that we looked up using the locator.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

• 4 weeks later...

Maryland

City/Town: Bethesda, MD

Called 01/04/10

CS Name: Dr. Polly Steinberg

CS Tel. No: (301) 907-9550 (4905 Del Ray Avenue, Suite 302, Bethesda, MD 20814)

I did my i-693

She is The cheapest around DC I guess. I had my vaccine  record. She took my blood, urine, TB test for $125, + chest x-ray at friendship heights for $35. Highly recommended

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Cincinnati, Ohio

Town: Kenwood/Blue Ash

Doctor's Name: James T. Lutz

Address:9403 Kenwood Rd c211, Blue Ash, OH 45242

Phone:(513) 392-8800

Got my I-693 details done here for just $35 in July 2017. You have to tell him that you have a K-1 visa and you dont need a another physical exam. He is a USCIS doctor but asked me to re-do physical exam but I had to show him the "Note" on page 11 that CS needs to complete only parts 1,2,3(only if required).4.6 & 9 because my DS-3025 is valid for one year for AOS

Good Luck !

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We went to Dr. Sunita Lohiya in Santa Ana, we made the trip from San Diego.  We got the MMR, DTP, and Influenza vaccines at San Diego County Public Health Centers for around $6 each.  I took the documentation to Dr. Lohiya and she performed a Varicella titer to see if we needed the vaccine.  After informing us that the titer showed evidence of a previous vaccine, she transcribed the vaccines without issue, I think her fee was $30 for the transcription.  With the titer she saved us around $100 and the unhappy grogginess of getting an unnecessary vaccine.  We ended up spending less than $100 for all the vaccines and the transcription.

I called beforehand, and her staff was very forthcoming about prices and the process.  Everyone in the office was very knowledgable about our needs for the visa process.  Later, when UCSIS lost our I-693, she provided a copy for a nominal fee.

I feel like the drive was well worth it to have an honest and knowledgable civil surgeon for our paperwork.

Dr. Sunita Lohiya

1120 W Warner Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92707

Phone number(714) 444-4448

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2010 at 3:22 PM, Golden_State said:

After an exhaustive search, and being told by several offices that they will only do a full medical, and hearing quotes as high as $120 - I found this doctor in San Diego. They knew exactly what I needed and were friendly and professional. The entire appointment took about 10 minutes. Cost was $30

Dr. Hussain Ali Ronaghy

3023 Bunker Hill Street, Suite 106, San Diego, CA 92109

(619) 275-2700

I did have to get a booster shot of MMR, even though what I had was fine for the US doctor in Toronto. I was told that the last shot was to be no longer than 10 years ago. If your last shot was over 10 years ago, I would suggest getting another one. In my case, I had to go to another clinic and pay for the shot, which was only $10 anyway, so no big deal.

Thanks Golden_State. I will try him; however, does the doctor's name change? I search his name is Hossain Ronaghy.

• 3 months later...
On 04/04/2017 at 7:08 PM, Adam D said:

Just wanted to add that Polly Steinberg is still operating out of Bethesda in MD.

4905 Del Ray Ave #302,

Bethesda

MD, 20814

301-907-9550

She has a slightly strange but great sense of humor (she told me I was too old to be walking around with a book bag lol) and is very accessible. As others have said she answers her own phone. Only note I would add is that she only takes cash so be prepared for that.

When I went (Tuesday 28th March 2017) I paid $30 for the transcript and $60 for a blood test as I had to have one to check my immunity for MMR as my records didn't show I had it (even though I had - not Dr. Steinberg's fault). I had the results of the blood test and all the paperwork sorted first thing Thursday 30th March that same week.

She also told me I needed a flu shot but she was out of them so told me to go to a Minute Clinic in CVS. My insurance covered that so it didn't cost me.

Recommended

Hey! An update here. I tried to call Dr Steinberg a couple of times and her number is disconnected, so she may not be practising anymore, although I'm not sure. I called around and found that most Maryland Civil Surgeons want to do a full medical and refuse a vaccination transcription.

I did find...

Dr. J Anchors

16220 Frederick Road Suite 210

Gaithersburg MD 20877

301-990-6061

They've said they'll charge $60 for the transcription only. I'll update once I've been! 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Skyfaring said:

Hey! An update here. I tried to call Dr Steinberg a couple of times and her number is disconnected, so she may not be practising anymore, although I'm not sure. I called around and found that most Maryland Civil Surgeons want to do a full medical and refuse a vaccination transcription.

I did find...

Dr. J Anchors

16220 Frederick Road Suite 210

Gaithersburg MD 20877

301-990-6061

They've said they'll charge $60 for the transcription only. I'll update once I've been! 

That's a shame. Maybe she retired. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.