46 posts in this topic

If i do not get noa2 by the end of this month i am going to withdraw and just fly to her and marry in the phils then file cr1 probably be faster then this k1 stuff

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

You’re so close!

Scrapping the K1 petition and starting over will stress you out more.  The CR1 will take about 14 months from start to finish.  

I’m sure you’ll hear something anyday now.

AOS from K1

Delivered Aug 24

Recieved text notifications Aug 29

28 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

If i do not get noa2 by the end of this month i am going to withdraw and just fly to her and marry in the phils then file cr1 probably be faster then this k1 stuff

Why would you do that honestly? You are literally less an a month away from your NOA2 so why the hell would you do that? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Yeah, starting all over is not always the best solution.  Your file date is 5-2-17,  mine was a day after that, and got my approval first part of Oct.  Yes, any day.  The only thing I could maybe think is there is something that holds it up to be checked by a supervisor or something to approve or for RFI.  I can feel your frustration, I went for 152 days of it.. LOL..   Have you created an account with USCIS?  You can then get a text message or email when it's approved.  Yeah, it won't make it faster, but it will make you feel like you did something more. 

1 minute ago, Highmystic said:

Yeah, starting all over is not always the best solution.  Your file date is 5-2-17,  mine was a day after that, and got my approval first part of Oct.  Yes, any day.  The only thing I could maybe think is there is something that holds it up to be checked by a supervisor or something to approve or for RFI.  I can feel your frustration, I went for 152 days of it.. LOL..   Have you created an account with USCIS?  You can then get a text message or email when it's approved.  Yeah, it won't make it faster, but it will make you feel like you did something more. 

I have had account since filed have 4 apps and even called them i am so frustrated with the way this has gone. 164 or 165 days so far.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

It takes minimum 3 or maximum 5 months for NOA2 and as others say..you are very close to get your NOA2

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

5 minutes ago, Aviinashh said:

It takes minimum 3 or maximum 5 months for NOA2 and as others say..you are very close to get your NOA2

I am almost 6 months now

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Murph4865 said:

I am almost 6 months now

Have you received any RFE? what does the online status say ?

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

10 minutes ago, Aviinashh said:

Have you received any RFE? what does the online status say ?

No rfe no update on uscis site nothing at all

3 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

I have had account since filed have 4 apps and even called them i am so frustrated with the way this has gone. 164 or 165 days so far.

Well you have to be patient. Just imagine other filers who waited over 200 days and you are still 165 days. Everything will be worth it. The k1 process really tests your patience. Just hang in there!

K1 Visa Issued:             10-10-2017

----------------------------------------------------

AOS

I-485 Sent :                    01-16-2018

USCIS Received Date:  01-22-2018

Notice Date:                   01-25-2018

Biometrics Appt:           02-20-2018

Interview Appt:              05-07-2018 (Approved on the spot)

I-797 Notice:                  05-08-2018

14 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

I agree.  People are just saying that the NOA2 is a month or two.  They also have to consider the AOS/EAD/GC time in that.  14 more months for permanent Green Card is still quicker (and cheaper) than waiting on the GC through the K-1 process.  

Apples to apples would mean you have to include the time needed to get the Green Card.  Through the K-1 will you have the GC in 14 months?  I doubt it.  The only issue is being away from your loved ones for another year.  That is why I'm hanging on to the K-1 process.  It is not great but we will be together sooner.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

14 hours ago, Aviinashh said:

They are already almost 6 months with no info at all.  I believe 6+ months will be the new norm.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

14 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Why would you do that honestly? You are literally less an a month away from your NOA2 so why the hell would you do that? 

Because the CR visa includes the green card in 12 to 14 months.  It is cheaper and overall, quicker than K-1 especially if you add in the AOS/EAD/GC process.  CR visas are months quicker and much cheaper but longer away from the loved ones.

If they switched now they would still have their GC quicker than sticking with the K-1.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Because the CR visa includes the green card in 12 to 14 months.  It is cheaper and overall, quicker than K-1 especially if you add in the AOS/EAD/GC process.  CR visas are months quicker and much cheaper but longer away from the loved ones.

You totally missed the point. He is literally maybe a few weeks away from getting the NOA2 to start the process of doing everything in the Philippines to bring his fiance to the USA. So why would he waste that just to fly there to get married and wait another 12 months to bring her to the USA? You act like I am new on the block and don't know anything. How are CR visas quicker or cheaper for him if he has already sent the money for the K1 visa and now he has to wait a few weeks instead of 12 months?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.