Ulysis

Help! Age difference for k1

59 posts in this topic

Timeline
Hello everyone

I'm 25 years old man from morocco, and my fiancee is 19 years older than me, we knew each others for almost 1 year, and last month we met person to person and stayed with me for a couple weeks.

I heard that our age difference could make my k1 visa denied. How true is this ?

what do you advise me guys ? I don't want us to waste time and money on k1 visa and get it denied due to our age gap.

or maybe we should go through CR1 ?

Thanks a lot!

6 years is not a big difference some people are 20+ years older and they still get approved

Edited by JenniferNangel

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Sorry i think you got me wrong. I said she is 19 years older than me, I am 25 yo and she is 44.

Oh wow I read that wrong think it's the fancy writing lol. I wouldn't worry too much. Are there other red flags

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The Consulate are very used to seeing age differences like that.

Is she divorced, does she have children?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Yes, I think you will face some problems.

You would increase your chances of a successful visa application by spending more time together in person.

If she is divorced with children, you will likely have a long visa journey. Also, if she has converted to Islam since meeting you, then you will have met most of the red flags for this Consulate.

Edited by 2far

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It doesn't mean you will get denied for sure, but yes, it is a big red flag, especially as she is unlikely to be able to have kids with you.

Any other red flags, such as is she a different religion from you, decently divorced, did you try for a US via before?

The best thing you can do to counteract red flags is to spend a lot of time together, and meeting eachother's families.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

If there are red flags or doubts in your case you would get denied either route....

Morrocos a tough embassy either way.

Get lots of evidence to take away from age difference....

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Search Morocco Age Difference. A lot of stories here some good, some hard. Found this one:

"I'm 21 years older than my husband and we were approved in a day by the Moroccan consulate. Age difference alone is not a red flag. USCIS knows your ages when they approve your case to go to the consulate, so that can't be used against you "just because". But age can be considered if additional negative information is found by the CO's that makes age difference seem to be a factor. "

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/356849-age-difference/

Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have seen it mentioned on here many times, age is just a number.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

My fiance and I have about the same age difference. we had about 4 red flags. still got approved. don't worry! the officer didn't even ask me about it :) good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Age difference should not matter but once the older woman is past childbearing years is does bring about questions in the mind of the CO. Be sure that your fiancé addresses this issue in her letter of "HOW WE MET" statement. Explain that you do not want children etc and that both families have accepted the age difference. On its own it is not a reason for denial but if there are other red flags it becomes more crucial.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.