abdoallah

age difference

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am sorry to see you were not approved. If you got the 221g letter stating it is being rerouted through USCIS for further decision. You have to wait and see what they recommended to them a denial or a revokation. Is age a red flag yes and the case was likely sent back because the CO was not convinced it was a bonafide relationship. Can you overcome this? Yes and many visa requests are reinstated and sent back for another interview but you have to prepare. You have to get all supporting documents ready, besides chats and pics more importantly things that prove a marriage. Open accounts together, buy property together, get insurance policies and medical policies together. More visits together, ensure you file taxes together even if you are overseas. If the application was sent back to USCIS you are not on Administrative processing and the chances of another interview before it goes back is unlikelly.

Good luck ..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Age can cause a red flag but I wouldn't think it would solely be a reason to get a 221g. When you were denied, did they give you a letter list of the reasons why they denied you? Usually it would be from many different things, not just 1.

Sorry to hear about the denial.

Edited by And_Sam

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

we have a 17 year age difference and we got approved, so i think they look at each case one by one at ALL things. not just age.

"trust in what you love, continue to do it and it will take you where you need to go...."

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

we have a 17 year age difference and we got approved, so i think they look at each case one by one at ALL things. not just age.

Just read your interview input and it was exciting story...thanks for sharing it.

Congratulations on your life with your husband!!! :star:

event.png

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I'm 21 years older than my husband and we were approved in a day by the Moroccan consulate. Age difference alone is not a red flag. USCIS knows your ages when they approve your case to go to the consulate, so that can't be used against you "just because". But age can be considered if additional negative information is found by the CO's that makes age difference seem to be a factor.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Age difference is not the reason for denial.. yes it is a red flag and makes the CO look at the case closer but it won't be denied only due to age difference. Look At Sofiyya... she and her husband have a large age difference and years of marriage behind them. My husband and I have a 15 yr age difference and altho we are on a lengthy AP (for name checks) which is becoming more and more common for pakistan...we were not denied...

What questions were you asked and what were you not able to answer? That is going to be the real question. There wasn't one thing the CO asked my husband in his 45 minute *yesss 45 minute interview* that he wasn't able to answer even down to my boss' name...

and btw.. Sofiyya... I love reading your posts about you and your hubby still married still happy and still forging your future.. you are a real inspiration!

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.