tokimonsta_2010

is it possible to apply for K-1 visa with another person

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My boyfirend and I are thinking about getting married but he thinks he won't be able to get approved for the K-1 visa because he already applied with another women a year ago. Things between them didn't work out so he canceled the visa. Would we get approved if we tried?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

When exactly did they cancel the process, and how? Ie just send in the initial papers, then never went any further? Did he go to interview, get approved, then never immigrate?

Having been petitioned for another immigrant visa, and such a short time ago, is a red flag, but it can be overcome; it is certainly not an automatic denial. The best thing you can do to improve your chances is spend lots of "face time" together, ie physically together (with a chaperone if your religion necessitates such). Also, if possible have photos with eachother's families.

Are there any other red flags, such as a large age or religious difference?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Just have him triple check that the previous petition is cancelled.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

When exactly did they cancel the process, and how? Ie just send in the initial papers, then never went any further? Did he go to interview, get approved, then never immigrate?

Having been petitioned for another immigrant visa, and such a short time ago, is a red flag, but it can be overcome; it is certainly not an automatic denial. The best thing you can do to improve your chances is spend lots of "face time" together, ie physically together (with a chaperone if your religion necessitates such). Also, if possible have photos with eachother's families.

Are there any other red flags, such as a large age or religious difference?

nope no red flags. I did speak with him a moment ago and he said that he had an interview over a year now.He was in AP after that. They sent back the application to the usa. he was in ap for nine months.its been four months since they sent the application back to thee usa.

Just have him triple check that the previous petition is cancelled.

ok i will

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm a petitioner...No problem for me! However it required he needs to enter that person info Name, address and date that he submitted on form i129f. The reason why....I simply answer "withdraw" btw it was only a year apart! Just like u guys :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I started thinking the OP was the beneficiary, fairly unusual to find a female beneficiary but not so sure.

Anyway far too little information to comment.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

nope no red flags. I did speak with him a moment ago and he said that he had an interview over a year now.He was in AP after that. They sent back the application to the usa. he was in ap for nine months.its been four months since they sent the application back to thee usa.

ok i will

If his last K1 attempt was denied just 4 months ago, I think he is right in that your K1 probably wouldn't be approved right now.

When did you meet?

Timeline

If his last K1 attempt was denied just 4 months ago, I think he is right in that your K1 probably wouldn't be approved right now.

When did you meet?

We meet 2 years ago as friends

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes there are two issues here then:

- you need to meet within the last two years. If it has been even one day more than 2 years at the time of filing, or you do not have proof of meeting, you will be denied.

- If it has been only 4 months since the last K1 was denied, then yes, chances of approval of a new K1 with a different person is slim, as it will look like he is shopping for a greencard, not in a bonafide relationship with his USC petitioner. If that timeline is correct, slow down some, talk more, visit him a couple of times and then file.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My boyfirend and I are thinking about getting married but he thinks he won't be able to get approved for the K-1 visa because he already applied with another women a year ago. Things between them didn't work out so he canceled the visa. Would we get approved if we tried?

That is no reason he can not file.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

no it will be no problem i myself was engaged to a woman and when i left i found out certain things and even after the noa2 i guess it even went to manila but if it is never acted on or followed through i dont think it matters at all because i have my noa2 already and waiting on interview when i filed the k1 i put in the packet the approval notice from my last and put a letter explaining everything that happened and it might have taken alittle longer then the other filers from my noa1 date but i sure wasnt the last to be approved just give a explanation of what happened

Timeline

As long as he is honest. I filed a K1 for someone else and married them. Unfortunately, after he got here he was a borderline pedophile and only looking to get a green card. Needless to say I kicked him out and tried to make him go home but he took off and is not living in the US illegally. I did all the right things reported him and even went to immigration. As long as you have the proof and there was no intent of fraud there I don't see why it would be a problem. Mine though was 3 years ago not 4 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.