3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I actually created the February AOS Filer thread thinking I'd be sending off my petition soon. But after having to wait for tax documents and sending in expired forms 2 days after they expired, I will be a March filer.

I'm currently waiting for my AOS package back from USCIS because of a technical rejection. Don't make the same mistake as me, make sure your forms are all up to date!

Let's hope for quick processing times.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, TL2016 said:

Hello everyone,

I actually created the February AOS Filer thread thinking I'd be sending off my petition soon. But after having to wait for tax documents and sending in expired forms 2 days after they expired, I will be a March filer.

I'm currently waiting for my AOS package back from USCIS because of a technical rejection. Don't make the same mistake as me, make sure your forms are all up to date!

I am in the same shoes, sent out my forms on 02/21/2017 with my form I-485 being the 12/23/2016 edition so I am technically waiting for my package back so as to send it back. do you have an idea how long it is gonna take to get back to us? good luck to us. cheers.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/24/2017 at 1:44 PM, Miggel42 said:

Have you tried to contact USCIS? 

11 minutes ago, Miggel42 said:

When did you send your package?

I dropped my application at USPS box on 02/21 but it left USPS on 02/22 and you?

I used FedEx it was postmarked the 20th but my wife and I were checking the forms and we just found out that we dated the forms like if we signed them the 21st because we thought it was the 21st, we didn't sleep for like 3 days (presidents day threw us off) working on the forms that we completely lost track of time I called USCIS and I was told that aeveyrthing  received after the 21st and  not postmarked before the 21st will be reject it and then I explained to her that we signed the forms with the wrong date, to what she responds that my package will be most likely reject it but she couldn't give me a date 

Edited by Miggel42

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Yeah like Miggel said, it seems like it can take up to a month which is just bad. I know it's 100% our fault and I take the blame for it, but a month to send everything back seems a bit excessive. 

It was totally my fault I was so confident and we worked really hard on those forms, I can't get a job, I have received several job offers (I'm an engineer)  even thought I got a driver's license with my marriage license ( I don't know, I live in Washington State) but well I guess it will be another month of procrastination and eating up our savings  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On Wednesday, March 01, 2017 at 0:20 AM, TL2016 said:

Hello everyone,

Hello

How to know if the form is expired ?  I sent mines already one time on 10 Feb(received on Feb 13)was rejected on Feb. 27 coz i signed on the wrong block in the form of my son's AOS forms. And they returned our both package since our fees was in one money order. And am going to send again today. Now we are March filer. Hope this time it works well. Finger crossed. Goodluck to everyone. :)

Filed: Timeline
22 hours ago, Miggel42 said:

It was totally my fault I was so confident and we worked really hard on those forms, I can't get a job, I have received several job offers (I'm an engineer)  even thought I got a driver's license with my marriage license ( I don't know, I live in Washington State) but well I guess it will be another month of procrastination and eating up our savings  

It will be longer then 1 month anyways... You will not be approved your work permit for at least 3-4 months after approval of the I-130 

Edited by famictech200

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I remember I had everything ready on December 24th.. 
And I just checked on USCIS website one more time and they had changed almost all forms the day before. (including fees)

That was so bad, I was so upset that I told my husband I was not going to fill that again, and he filled everything.. (before send them I checked all the forms again). 
But as far as I understood they were going to receive the old forms until february, seems like I was wrong.. 
This is a long and very stressful process, but we wiill do it! 

-------------------

2020:

Approval ROC: Aug 19

Greencard Received: Sep 08

Citizenship

N400 sent: Oct 07 (filling online)

2019: 

Remove Conditions ROC

Sent: Oct 04

Extension Received: Oct 15

Approval: Jan 04

Greencard received: Jan 08

AOS Sent:  Jan 14

AOS received: Jan 17

emails and text messages: Jan 25

PD: Jan 18

Fingerprints: Feb 15

Case ready to be schedule for an interview: Feb 28

EAD Approval: May 12 (after 114 days of suffering)

EAD card has been mailed: May 17

EAD letter approval notice: May 18

EAD received:  May 22

Interview Notice: Nov 02

Interview Date: Dic 06

RFE Flu shot: Dic 16

RFE sent: Dic 18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

I don't think you can track money orders - that's why some people say checks are preferable...

I already have my greencard, but we sent the paperwork for my two daughters this morning, so we're March K2 AOS filers. :)

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.