3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, TL2016 said:

I just got my NOA1 email and text message. Guess I got lucky and they accepted the package even with the expired forms.

a very big congratulations. wishing all others expecting the best of luck.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Gio&David said:

What good news!!! Congratulations TL2016 and atuegwu ... it's good to wake up and start the day with good news ?. I hope mine will be processed soon too,  very excited about it,  here in SC the DMV asks for the AOS -NO1 to accept applications for a drivers license. Without a car here where I live, you cannot go anywhere or do anything, not even going to a grocery store, anyway I am enjoying time at home too.

So, next thing after u receive you N01 in the mail, will be the appointment for biometrics ?, I guess. Congratulations again ?

yeah, thanks a lot. we are all excited, sure they will send yours soon and everything will work out fine. thanks for the info on DMV but doubt if they will accept that here in California. good luck to us all.

Timeline
3 hours ago, kara&mati said:

Hello everyone,

my check was cashed this morning, just waiting for the NOAs to come tonight. We sent our package 2/14 but had it sent back to us because I wrote the check wrong. So we resent it 2/27 with them receiving it 2/28. So that rolls me over to march Good luck everyone!!! 

wow! congrats and the wait continues. the biometrics will be within 20 to 30 days from now or even less. good luck to us all

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
10 hours ago, TL2016 said:

Yep I got all 3 now too. The first 2 came pretty quick but the third one took a little bit longer. Now I just need to remember my USCIS login from my K-1 visa... I'm pretty sure I'm using the right username and password but it's telling me wrong password.

It is three texts/emails, one for each of the forms. When I filed, we only got two and that's when we called them and found out they had lost my EAD application, which I had to refile.

My USCIS login seemed to have expired when I tried to go back to using it for AOS. I had to create a new one. I think when the level of activity drops below a certain level, the system automatically lets your login info expire.

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

11 minutes ago, atuegwu said:

yeah, thanks a lot. we are all excited, sure they will send yours soon and everything will work out fine. thanks for the info on DMV but doubt if they will accept that here in California. good luck to us all.

Yup in California we need to wait for the EAD. So stupid... 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
13 minutes ago, SparklePony said:

It is three texts/emails, one for each of the forms. When I filed, we only got two and that's when we called them and found out they had lost my EAD application, which I had to refile.

My USCIS login seemed to have expired when I tried to go back to using it for AOS. I had to create a new one. I think when the level of activity drops below a certain level, the system automatically lets your login info expire.

Yeah that's what I figured. I created a new USCIS login but the cases aren't trackable yet anyway. I ended up getting all 3 texts / emails.

5 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

Yup in California we need to wait for the EAD. So stupid... 

Same here in New York. It's a real pain because Chase won't let me open a bank account without a state ID / license.

2 hours ago, TL2016 said:

Yeah that's what I figured. I created a new USCIS login but the cases aren't trackable yet anyway. I ended up getting all 3 texts / emails.

Same here in New York. It's a real pain because Chase won't let me open a bank account without a state ID / license.

I tried the USCIS tracker app too and it doesn't work yet. 

Just go to BofA and open up a bank account instead. Chase would've let me even open up one here if I had a utilities bill under my name and the address. 

At least you are allowed to still drive with your foreign DL ?

2 hours ago, atuegwu said:

wow! congrats and the wait continues. the biometrics will be within 20 to 30 days from now or even less. good luck to us all

Thank you, we are ok waiting now!! Just wanted to get that NOA out of the way. Good luck 

I-129F sent- June 15

Lockbox received- June 16

Noa1- June 20

RFE- August 23

NOA2- September 1

NVC received- September 13

Case #- September 13

interview- October 31

POE- November 13

Married- November 23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

USPS tracking shows our package was delivered. Now to wait for the return receipt and the NOAs.

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

I tried the USCIS tracker app too and it doesn't work yet. 

Just go to BofA and open up a bank account instead. Chase would've let me even open up one here if I had a utilities bill under my name and the address. 

At least you are allowed to still drive with your foreign DL ?

really, please what are the requirements for the BofA account opening? thanks

Just now, atuegwu said:

really, please what are the requirements for the BofA account opening? thanks

No requirements at all. I've had a bank account with them before when I was here on a Tourist visa. They even let me open one back then without SSN. 

This time I gave them my passport and my SSN and they just opened up my old bank account. I have a credit card with them too so I can start collecting a good credit history. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

No requirements at all. I've had a bank account with them before when I was here on a Tourist visa. They even let me open one back then without SSN. 

This time I gave them my passport and my SSN and they just opened up my old bank account. I have a credit card with them too so I can start collecting a good credit history. 

wow, that is awesome, will try them out before the week runs out. thanks a lot for the info...very vital

Received all three texts on Sunday, still awaiting to be able to add them to myUSCIS account. I heard it takes a while before you can track it online.

I wish you all the best. We got this, guys :)

Timeline:

• AOS application submitted: 1/28/17
  • NOA1 for 130/765: 2/24/17
  • NOA1 for 485: 3/2/17
  • Biometrics letter: 3/11/17
  • Biometrics appointment: 3/30/17
  • EAD in production: 5/23/17
  • EAD received: 5/26/17
  • AP application received: 9/15/17 
  • AP application approved: 12/2/17 
  • Interview Notice received: 12/23/17
  • AOS Interview: 1/23/18
  • Approval email/texts: 2/8/18
  • Green Card mailed (hopefully): 2/14/18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.