Khandybhaby

My tourist visa denied because i answered no to the question if anyone applied a visa for me before? I was not sure because i didnt pursued b4

46 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

My B2 visa application denied because of my previous fiancee visa question i mistakenly answered incorrect because i forgotten already.

Call me Khandy my nickname. I am working in Malaysia and i tried to apply aUS tourist visa but i was denied. My interview was yesterday only dated 27th April 2016. I was not late but many applicants on ques that day. I was confidently i can answer all the questions. And yes, i answered everything except for the last question :(

The questions are:

Where are you going to US? I answered accordingly
What will you do at US? I answered accordingly
Who you are going to meet? I am going to meet my friend
How did you meet your friend? I met him in Malaysia

I answered all with confidently and i smiled.

Okay good. Last question.

Who is Richard? I was shocked like i had slip of memory and questioned myself who is Richard? lol then in myself i remembered he was my ex-bf Chinese American who was applied a K! visa for me but i did not pursued the application. He visited me in Philippines that i forgotten already for 8 years. And now it was like a ghost coming back in my mind. We had no communications after we had broke up since that time he was going to marry someone else after our relationship.

Consul asked me if someone applied a US visa for me and i plainly answered it NO. But he asked me again and then i just told him Oh i thought that was expired or cancelled because that was Richard had told me before. Then the consul said "yeah, i am asking if he applied a visa for you? I don't know what to say, i can't explained everything to him. I was trying to remember him just to answer the question. And the consul told me "Okay, i will give you a second chance, Is he applied a visa for you? I was ###### up answered him NO still. :( and then finally he told me I am sorry your application is denied. I replied "Oh". I felt sad taking my passport and i even hardly took my passport in the window because of my wrong answer. Then i say Thank you to the consul and went out in that window. Sigh...i messed up. I was thought i can get that visa.

Now, i want to re-apply again this coming month of May. Please i hope you will help me about my case. That K1 visa that was applied from my ex-bf in US embassy, i did not pursued after i received the letter from US embassy in Philippines. We had misunderstanding and we broke up.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Timeline

If he applied for you, you simply speak the truth.

Just tell the consul it was a long time ago and the relationship did not work. No need to explain in details, as they do not need to know your life story.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. So i can reapply immediately even i had a passed valid expired fiancee visa? Is it possible they will grant me a tourist visa?

Timeline

What i mean i dont need to wait for a few months before to apply again a tourist visa? I have complete documents if ever they will ask me about jobs, savings and family, i was just failed for that question. I am planning to apply again on 8th May 2016, so that is fine? I have a ready reply about it, i am just worry only if i will rejected again. I want to visit NYC on Nov to celebrate my bday and to visit a friend.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

You can apply again. However, you are unlikely to get a tourist visa. The CO gave you a second chance and you still said no. This is on your record. A new application does not erase your answer. When someone provides you with evidence and a second chance and you don't answer truthfully, you have destroyed your credibility. There is no way to recover from this. Sorry.

Timeline

Hi,

You can apply again. However, you are unlikely to get a tourist visa. The CO gave you a second chance and you still said no. This is on your record. A new application does not erase your answer. When someone provides you with evidence and a second chance and you don't answer truthfully, you have destroyed your credibility. There is no way to recover from this. Sorry.

Hi aaron,

Becoz i was not sure if it was a valid application, i didnt pursued it so i kept NO. And i really forgot everything. I just told the consul that i thought it was expired or cancelled by my x bf. For me i presumed it was not counted a valid application.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! The exact question on the DS 160 was if there was any petition filed on your behalf.

You answered NO to this, that is already wrong. When the I-129F Petition was filed, that is already a petition on your behalf, even if years have passed. That is in the system.

Before the actual interview and everyone says here in VJ, your application was already reviewed and most likely a decision has been made. The actual interview is just a confirmatory process. So before you actually stand in front of the consul he knows all about the K1 Visa application; when he pulled out your data in the system, everything about you is on the screen. They already have checked your application based on the data that they have on the system.

The CO knows you are lying by saying NO and you lied twice by saying NO again.

When he asked you Who is Richard? That was your chance to explain, you could have explained that you forgot about that application since it was 8 years ago. That is in the system so they know if was that long ago. But you keep on answering No when asked about the previous Visa application. Of course you were caught off guard.

Applying again so soon? after the recent denial and all your records in the system is another denial in the making.

AOS/ AED/ AP:

(California Service Center, Chula Vista, San Diego, CA)

Filed: Aug 29

Receipt Date: Sept 2

NOA 1 Date: Sept 12 (received text/email)

NOA 1 copy rcvd: Sept 16

Biometrics Notice Date: Sept 17, received Sept 24

Biometrics Sched: Oct 5

Successful walk-in: Sept 26

Oct 13- Case ready to be scheduled for interview

EAD/AP approved - Nov. 1/2 / Received EAD/ AP Combo Card- Nov. 15

50days from NOA1/ 64 days from receipt date.

January 30-  USCIS Ap update, Interview sched on March 3, 2017

Jan 31 - received USCIS letter/ Notice for interview 

March 3- Interview, approved on the Spot

March 8 - received GC

Dec 2018 - To file ROC

My Blogs:

I-129F Petition Process

Medical Requirements

Medical Exam Experience

US Embassy Manila K1/K2 Interview Preparation Requirements and Instructions

Interview (K1 with 2 K2s)

CFO Guidance and Counseling (applicable to applicant from Philippines only)

My K1 Visa Journey

8 August 2015 - Sent I-129F Packet thru USPS

17 August 2015 - I -797C Notice date

20 August 2015 - Received printed copy of NOA1 dated Aug 17.

2 September 2015 - APPROVED! (14 working days from receipt date)

Dec. 21-22 - Medical DONE!

Jan 11, 2016 - Interview- APPROVED!

Jan 15 - Visa ISSUED!

Jan 21 - VISA ON HAND! (8 working days from interview)

March 21 - CFO / PDOS for K2s

June 1, 2016 - POE

July 18, 2016 - Married

I am his and he is mine from this day until the end of my days..

Timeline

Hi Cristina,

Thank you guys for helping me this out.

In my first application in DS-160 i say No to the question that someone applied for me a visa. I am only one who filled up theT form. I really forgot and i had no idea that previous fiancee visa was actually filed and plus i didnt pursued the application becoz we had misunderstanding before. I am young that time when my x bf applied it. I really had no idea how to apply the visa even my x bf didnt taught me how. Everytime i was asking him how to process the visa he was always in computer games online. He was 33 yrs old and i was 28. We had argument until i didnt pursued the fiancee visa. And then he got married aftern then and we had no communications for 8yrs. My life goes on,i had bf's too and until i work abroad. My tourist visa is just purely on vacation thats why i applied in Malaysia. I want to buy ticket before Nov so i can buy cheap one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** email address removed. For your privacy and safety, please never post email or postal addresses, case or phone numbers online. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

I kept answer no becoz i was not sure if its a valid application. I didnt get what the consul said. How could i know it is a valid visa? I really had no idea. And it was a long years for me to reminisce everything.

***** email address removed. For your privacy and safety, please never post email or postal addresses, case or phone numbers online. *****

Hi Penguin,

Its okay. I cannot edit my story either.

Timeline

Hi Harpa,

No, i didnt do anything or send documents to US embassy in Philippines. After i received the letter from Embassy. I am trying to remember now coz i needed to. Me and my bf had argument already that time and everytime i asked him he would play games until i gave up and didnt processed it.

I am not sure how you forgot... you would have to have written a letter of intent to marry and done some paperwork for the petition. Something like that and plans to move to the US would certainly be memorable, no?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Easy enough to forget about an ex fiancee who petitioned you to migrate to the US.

You can apply for a visitor visa as often as you want, no waiting period.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

What i mean it never occurred in my mind about the fiancee visa when im applying tourist visa. It was just reminded me when the consul asked me and i couldnt explain everything to him coz i was trying to remember if it was a valid application or not before i say yes to him. I was blacked out and even when he asked me first who is Richard? I answered him back Richard? I dont know i didnt expected really to asked about him.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.