wbeem

Progress thread for TSC filers now between NVC and Interview Stage

1,685 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

The waiting for him to open the letter is going to drive me nuts lol

I am waiting anxiously to hear what it says too. lol

The trouble is, you can't put any set pattern to how they assign these dates. There are people who had their medical results and readiness forms (whichever was the last to be submitted) two days before us who got an interview a week earlier than we did. There are some who had the same submission timelines who got interview dates for the end of May or June 2nd. There are intended wedding dates for late May and some in July in the mix. There is no pattern. It really is a lottery. I think when they ask for your intended wedding date, putting something in early doesn't help. Those who indicate a later date give the embassy a bit of leeway to put them back a bit in the line of assignments, but there are no favors.

Guys, we should have learned by now: this is the government. We are numbers. We don't have personalities, hopes or dreams. They don't have a pulse.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Here's some 2015 data I compiled. "Almost everyone" does not interview a month after medical. Like Lee says, don't get your hopes set based on somebody else's timeline.

Medical to interview date

4 wk 2 days Feb 11 (TheAndies)

6 wk 3 days Feb 17 (kristenxo)

3 wk 4 days Feb 17 (Pheebs)

6 wk 3 days Feb19 (DaveNot)

3 wk 5 days Feb 23 (Kimberley95)

3 wk 6 days Mar 3 (vicks5721)

5 wk 1 days Mar 5 (Shana)

4 wk 0 days Apr 2 (TeamJS)

5 wk 6 days Apr 7 (Pilot)

9 wk 0 days Apr 13 (Allison_Simon2014)

6 wk 0 days Apr 9 (Chrismorrison)

5 wk 2 days May 18 (wbeem)

8 wk 4 days Jun 2 (xbritto)

7 wk 4 days Jun 15 (JamesRenee)

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Well I think it's good to get your hopes up and stay optimistic even when the likelihood it will happen that way is not necessarily how it will go. But having hopes and well dreams is how you stay sane. At least to me. No amount of data will kill my optimistic thanks :)

Well I see it this way. If we weren't optimistic dreamers in a way honestly we wouldn't be here doing this for those we want to be with. So I'll keep rolling on even when it pisses me off or I'm beat down some days it's always better the next. So I'll see numbers and keep hoping cause that's all I have control over is myself and my views :)

Timeline

Here's some 2015 data I compiled. "Almost everyone" does not interview a month after medical. Like Lee says, don't get your hopes set based on somebody else's timeline.

Medical to interview date

4 wk 2 days Feb 11 (TheAndies)

6 wk 3 days Feb 17 (kristenxo)

3 wk 4 days Feb 17 (Pheebs)

6 wk 3 days Feb19 (DaveNot)

3 wk 5 days Feb 23 (Kimberley95)

3 wk 6 days Mar 3 (vicks5721)

5 wk 1 days Mar 5 (Shana)

4 wk 0 days Apr 2 (TeamJS)

5 wk 6 days Apr 7 (Pilot)

9 wk 0 days Apr 13 (Allison_Simon2014)

6 wk 0 days Apr 9 (Chrismorrison)

5 wk 2 days May 18 (wbeem)

8 wk 4 days Jun 2 (xbritto)

7 wk 4 days Jun 15 (JamesRenee)

Case in point.

The difficulty here is that there is a tendency to try work from the medical date. The medical date is irrelevant if there is a delay in forwarding the results or if the readiness form isn't submitted until later. Sometimes people choose to delay one or the other for various reasons.

I admire the optimism. It is in my nature to be optimistic. This process has caused us to protect ourselves though, and William and I have resigned ourselves to taking a pragmatic approach which is often misinterpreted as pessimism. Are we right? Yes and no. We are doing what we need to do to get through this. I am at the end of my rope for disappointment and to be completely honest, I'm not coping so well, not because of the dates for anything we have had so far since NOA2 (we've actually done quite well in this section) but because this process is a very personal one and it has worn me thin. Are those of you who are positive and hopeful right? Well, yes. If it helps you get through this stage, then that is the right approach.

Bottom line, we are all in the same process but have different circumstances, coping mechanisms and capabilities. So whatever you need to do to get through it is right. For some it is being realistic (or pessimistic as some might say) and for others it is being hopeful and dreaming. We all do what we need to do to get through this. It's a process, not a destination, but we have to get through it before we can live.

No criticism from me. There is more than one way to survive this. Whatever meets your needs at any given stage of the process is the right way.

Hugs to you all (F)

Lee & William

8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline

Capabilities? I have no idea what I had meant to type in there and have obviously been auto-corrected!

Lee & William

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Case in point.

The difficulty here is that there is a tendency to try work from the medical date. The medical date is irrelevant if there is a delay in forwarding the results or if the readiness form isn't submitted until later. Sometimes people choose to delay one or the other for various reasons.

I admire the optimism. It is in my nature to be optimistic. This process has caused us to protect ourselves though, and William and I have resigned ourselves to taking a pragmatic approach which is often misinterpreted as pessimism. Are we right? Yes and no. We are doing what we need to do to get through this. I am at the end of my rope for disappointment and to be completely honest, I'm not coping so well, not because of the dates for anything we have had so far since NOA2 (we've actually done quite well in this section) but because this process is a very personal one and it has worn me thin. Are those of you who are positive and hopeful right? Well, yes. If it helps you get through this stage, then that is the right approach.

Bottom line, we are all in the same process but have different circumstances, coping mechanisms and capabilities. So whatever you need to do to get through it is right. For some it is being realistic (or pessimistic as some might say) and for others it is being hopeful and dreaming. We all do what we need to do to get through this. It's a process, not a destination, but we have to get through it before we can live.

No criticism from me. There is more than one way to survive this. Whatever meets your needs at any given stage of the process is the right way.

Hugs to you all (F)

Thank you Lee. I believe at this point that we are allowed to cope with this however is going to get us through it. Right or wrong to other people I really don't care about. Right now I'm just trying to take this one day at a time. And like Deborah said- some days are better than others. And this is a bad day. Reading lists actually makes me feel worse. I don't want to know that some people only had to wait 3 weeks when we're apparently waiting 7. I hadn't even counted out the days yet so seeing that number made me sick to my stomach. But however we feel at this point is how we feel because we're experiencing it. And I feel like we support each other- even when one of us is having a bad day. That's ok. Because at the end of the day- it really is about missing the person we're away from more than anything and just wanting to be with them. :star:

Very well said. And you are right we all cope however we can and some days are one way and others are another. I am not am optimistic person myself either but for awhile this process was killing me inside lol so I had to think about it different or I drive myself crazy. So I'm trying. I don't always win in my head but I try when I can and we are all different. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Letter says June 5th. I'm sorry girl there really is no rhyme or reasons.

No worries- I'm happy for you! :) Maybe we were in a different batch- who knows? My anger is aimed specifically towards the government & officials so I can still be happy for you & hate them at the same time lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Letter says June 5th. I'm sorry girl there really is no rhyme or reasons.

That is great. :luv:

I will never understand govenment agencies. I even work for one and still don't understand.

At this point I just want a date. A light at the end of the tunnel.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.