wbeem

Progress thread for TSC filers now between NVC and Interview Stage

1,685 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey guys,

Question: Is anyone had luck in contacting London Embassy via the phone, if yes what number did you call?

As I dont seem to go get through :( Using this phone Callers within the United Kingdom: Callers from within the UK should dial 020-3608-6998.

Problem is I have had my medical on 16th of April, submitted on 18th of April DS160 and readiness form. They updated case status on 21st (NVC said that it was when London acknowledged my DS160). I heard nothing until last Thursday, 7th of May, so I called NVC ( as advised by someone in this thread) - they said I haven't submitted Readiness form - well, I cant prove that I did! So I submitted it again the same day. My status got updated on 7th of May on CEAC website. I still haven't heard anything from London Embassy so far :( Called NVC just now - they said contact Embassy. I emailed them last week, reply was go on the website and help yourself :(((((

Just want to find out what is happening and feeling quite desperate at this stage.

I haven't called sorry no. But I've emailed about address and they changed but I know when emailing if they think it's just for a status check then they most likely won't answer so I'm not sure what advice to give. But if you just now did your readiness form, assuming they didn't get it before but they have now. You won't get interview date and letter until a couple weeks after you submitted the readiness form. So if you just submitted it again on the 7th then I would give it another week to get your interview letter. If that's what it is waiting on sadly they most likely won't answer you thinking it is a status check which they don't do. But allow a couple weeks after your newly submitted readiness form. Sorry for the problems though :/

Edited by DeborahNeil

Timeline

Thanks Deborah! I think this is my only option at this stage :( Last month lasted forever as I seem to wait for letter to arrive every minute of the day and night. I feel much better by reading everyone's posts here as nobody around me get it what it feels like! Now on the comments like "Just relax!" and "Stop stressing about!" I want to scream!

You're welcome. If you don't get it in a week or so then I would try emailing or calling nvc to see again. And yes we all understand all of the frustration!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hey guys,

Question: Is anyone had luck in contacting London Embassy via the phone, if yes what number did you call?

As I dont seem to go get through :( Using this phone Callers within the United Kingdom: Callers from within the UK should dial 020-3608-6998.

Problem is I have had my medical on 16th of April, submitted on 18th of April DS160 and readiness form. They updated case status on 21st (NVC said that it was when London acknowledged my DS160). I heard nothing until last Thursday, 7th of May, so I called NVC ( as advised by someone in this thread) - they said I haven't submitted Readiness form - well, I cant prove that I did! So I submitted it again the same day. My status got updated on 7th of May on CEAC website. I still haven't heard anything from London Embassy so far :( Called NVC just now - they said contact Embassy. I emailed them last week, reply was go on the website and help yourself :(((((

Just want to find out what is happening and feeling quite desperate at this stage.

I've called. NVC gave me a number for general inquiries for London embassy. My suggestion: Don't bother. You will spend 10 minutes listening to a monotone automated voice reading you the entire website, then they will take every detail from you over the phone, stopping short only at a request for the size of your knickers and then (drum roll ...) you will be told how to use the contact form on the website.

Here's what I think has happened in your case.

The CEAC update on your case status was when they received your medical results.

I got no update when I submitted my readiness form. There was certainly no update when they received the DS 160.

My theory is that the DS 160 floats in some kind of black hole until your interview date. It's neither here nor there. You give the confirmation number when you submit your readiness form and then you take your confirmation page print out to the interview and they retrieve it (or let you take the confirmation of a new one if you have amended and re-done it).

It can take up to two weeks from the time they have everything they need from you before they issue the interview letter and then it still has to arrive in the mail.

I think you should use the contact form if you are concerned as they do reply. Be specific about what you are asking or they send you to the website again for information. For example tell them: "How do I know that my readiness form has been receive?"

Questions which seem vague get a very generic response without an answer so you want to be right on target with exactly what you want to know.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline

One more question as to getting married part - we are planning to have a courthouse ceremony at first and proper wedding later. I get confused with marriage license thing - docs are county/state specific, as to waiting time - websites do refer to month ahead to the date for document submissions. Does that mean that we will have to wait for that period of time or this is recommended?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thanks Deborah! I think this is my only option at this stage :( Last month lasted forever as I seem to wait for letter to arrive every minute of the day and night. I feel much better by reading everyone's posts here as nobody around me get it what it feels like! Now on the comments like "Just relax!" and "Stop stressing about!" I want to scream!

Lol, you're preaching to the converted on here. People who asked me "How long? Any news?" or told me to be patient or "It will all come together" (doesn't it sound like a vague dismissal of all you've been through?!) led me to believe these people were wanting to play roulette with their medical insurance!

Please let us know when you have good news :)

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline

I've called. NVC gave me a number for general inquiries for London embassy. My suggestion: Don't bother. You will spend 10 minutes listening to a monotone automated voice reading you the entire website, then they will take every detail from you over the phone, stopping short only at a request for the size of your knickers and then (drum roll ...) you will be told how to use the contact form on the website.

Here's what I think has happened in your case.

The CEAC update on your case status was when they received your medical results.

I got no update when I submitted my readiness form. There was certainly no update when they received the DS 160.

My theory is that the DS 160 floats in some kind of black hole until your interview date. It's neither here nor there. You give the confirmation number when you submit your readiness form and then you take your confirmation page print out to the interview and they retrieve it (or let you take the confirmation of a new one if you have amended and re-done it).

It can take up to two weeks from the time they have everything they need from you before they issue the interview letter and then it still has to arrive in the mail.

I think you should use the contact form if you are concerned as they do reply. Be specific about what you are asking or they send you to the website again for information. For example tell them: "How do I know that my readiness form has been receive?"

Questions which seem vague get a very generic response without an answer so you want to be right on target with exactly what you want to know.

I was very specific in my email but reply looked like it has being system generated - not referral to a word of what was in my query. I am going to wait. One day things will happen, hey. Not much to do for control freaks like all of us here :) Could it be some group life lesson? :D

Timeline

Lol, you're preaching to the converted on here. People who asked me "How long? Any news?" or told me to be patient or "It will all come together" (doesn't it sound like a vague dismissal of all you've been through?!) led me to believe these people were wanting to play roulette with their medical insurance!

Please let us know when you have good news :)

I certainly will give an update!

One more question as to getting married part - we are planning to have a courthouse ceremony at first and proper wedding later. I get confused with marriage license thing - docs are county/state specific, as to waiting time - websites do refer to month ahead to the date for document submissions. Does that mean that we will have to wait for that period of time or this is recommended?

Honestly there is no way to really answer this. Marriage license varies state my state unfortunately here. So it depends on your state as to what they do. Mine has no waiting period and no blood work. Some require blood work and some require a waiting period. Normally if they require a waiting period you apply for it and then they will "approve it" after the waiting period. . You can look on the states website and it should be able to tell you the criteria specifically and normally give you an email address of the clerks office to call or email them to ask any questions. Hope that helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Try this link....

http://www.cityapplications.com/marriage-licenses.html

That's how I found out the info. on requirements for my state

Timeline

Honestly there is no way to really answer this. Marriage license varies state my state unfortunately here. So it depends on your state as to what they do. Mine has no waiting period and no blood work. Some require blood work and some require a waiting period. Normally if they require a waiting period you apply for it and then they will "approve it" after the waiting period. . You can look on the states website and it should be able to tell you the criteria specifically and normally give you an email address of the clerks office to call or email them to ask any questions. Hope that helps.

Thanks! Just checked, hassle free stage, looks like. At least some good news!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.