goldylox

Failed Medical I really need your help

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

HI guys

i just got off the phone with my daughter. She failed her medical. We are so upset right now i just want to cry. I dont know what to do anymore. This process has had its toll on me.

She went to Knightsbridge on wednesday. She was talking with the doctor and being the honest person she is she disclosed that she had a suicide attempt when she was 15, she is now 20. The doctor asked her about the last time she drank and used alcohol, she told them within the last few days. She said that they did a blood test. They will find marijanan and alcohol in the results. The doctor said that she didnt think she would be going to america. She gave her paperwork to have a detailed report about her suicide attempt and drug and alcohol usage from her doctor. I am scared because she has has a history of drinking. But she got over it. The doctor said that she will probably have to see a psychiatrist and go for urine tests for the next year at knightsbridge. Even if she had to wait a year she wouldnt be a minor anymore right and have to wait alot longer for her visa if she got one?

I am just at the end i havent seen her for a year and a half. I have no idea what i can do to make it better or how to fix it. I cant loose hope but i dont know is that it guys will she get denied? if thats the case i have to go back to the UK. Just need some input cause i am not thinking very clear right now ......

Thank you again for any help you give x x x x x x

Time Line

USCIS Journey

Service Center Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Marriage : 2009-09-01

CR1

29 Apr 2011 - Sent I-130

10 May 2011 - NOA1

16 Aug 2011 - NOA2

12 Sep 2011 - NVC

15 Sep 2011 - Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill

16 Sep 2011 - Pay I-864 Bill

18 Sep 2011 - Received IV Bill

30 Sep 2011 - Paid IV Bill

15 Oct 2011 - sent I184 documents

20 Oct 2011 - sent in DS230

10 Nov 2011 - RFE (Divorce paper)

12 Nov 2011 - RFE (I184)

23 Nov 2011 - Visited NJ :))

01 Dec 2011 - Posted RFE's

02 Dec 2011 - RFE arrived

04 Dec 2011 - Back from NJ

07 Dec 2011 - CASE COMPLETE Phewwwwwwwwwwww

12 Dec 2011 - Got Interview letter for 12 Jan 2012

20 Jan 2012 - Medical at Knightsbridge got RFE[/size]

28 Jan 2012 - Knightbridge recieved BP request and Abdominal Scan reports

30 Jan 2012 - INTERVIEW !!!!!!!! 221 pending medical evidence

31 Jan 2012 - Embassy received medical file

03 Feb 2012 - DX delivered IR visa and packet for POE

03 Apr 2012 - fly to Philadelphia to start the first day of the rest of my life :)) [/size][/size]

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I am not sure about the alcohol or suicide attempts and quite possibly it will depend on her exchange with the MD, which is and should remain confidential. However, if she proves positive for THC, chances are her visa will be denied and she will have to test clean during the next year before she can take another test.

There is little you can do other than show support and be a mom, albeit from a distance.

I hope it all works out for her. Good luck!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well I cant tell u the answer u need pertaining to the visa but Im very sorry to hear of this... Its sad :( may God bless u and ur daughter.. Im sure u need eachother... Im sorry also but if she "got over" her drinking problem she would not have been drinking in the past few days.. Recovering alcoholics do not drink at all.. Its called falling off the wagon if even a sip is consumed. I was married to one for years.. If they drink they are not getting better. And as for the drugs, altho I am an advicate for legalizing marijuana, it does purpose she has an addiction problem considering she knew of the upcoming medical exam but had no desire to stop smoking for it. Its so sad bcuz ur daughter should b with family u her mother, to help her thru this trial in life... I pray she can stop with her substance abuse. It hurts everyone u love & that loves u wen drugs & alcohol consume ones life... Im so sorry this is happening to u. A good resource is a drug & alcohol counselor maybe an advocate of sum type in her area and a sponsor for alcoholism. The root is why the doc sees an issue with passing her. It will b a win win if she can get her visa & also kick her addictions. Hopefully this will b her motivation. God will provide to all who seeks his love.. Use your knees & pray... :) i hope the time of filing is more relavant to her petition rather then age in which she would b finished with the process. Maybe since u filed before shes 21 things will b ok.... Goodluck dear

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am not sure about the alcohol or suicide attempts and quite possibly it will depend on her exchange with the MD, which is and should remain confidential. However, if she proves positive for THC, chances are her visa will be denied and she will have to test clean during the next year before she can take another test.

There is little you can do other than show support and be a mom, albeit from a distance.

I hope it all works out for her. Good luck!

The medical and what is said is not confidential when it comes to the consulate, the consulate is privy to everything. The doctor must inform them of any suicide attempts as they do not allow anyone who could potentially to a harm to themselves or others, to be admitted to the US. Not to mention the fact that testing positive for marijuana is an automatic denial.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

The medical and what is said is not confidential when it comes to the consulate, the consulate is privy to everything. The doctor must inform them of any suicide attempts as they do not allow anyone who could potentially to a harm to themselves or others, to be admitted to the US. Not to mention the fact that testing positive for marijuana is an automatic denial.

I meant confidential in the sense it needs not be discussed in a public forum lest people become judgmental.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is a part of the medical exam. Psychological stability - she can be referred further for additional evaluation before medical exam is completed. That does not stop approval of medical exam, it just prolongs it. There is no client confidentiality in the medical exam, it all goes into the report. Just like when you test positive for certain STD's, it is a ban.

Just get your daughter into so treatment, and then show proof to the embassy, after one year they will reschedule her appointment and interview.

NOT SURE ABOUT YOUR EMBASSY, BUT AT MINE, YOU WILL NOT FIND OUT THE RESULTS OF THE BAN UNTIL YOUR INTERVIEW. DO NOT STRESS ABOUT IT UNTIL THEY OFFICIALLY GIVE YOU THE DENIAL AND THE ONE YEAR BAN.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thanks for getting back to me guys. ..... people who judge only judge because if there egos. .. I don't care bout those kind of people.... thank you for your honest replys. .... its all about finding a solution ;)))...... maybe its a blessing in disguise for my daughter. .. it hurts like hell but star member ur right just being here and supporting her is what I have to do....... her problem has surfaced and it can only do her good in the long term x x x

Time Line

USCIS Journey

Service Center Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Marriage : 2009-09-01

CR1

29 Apr 2011 - Sent I-130

10 May 2011 - NOA1

16 Aug 2011 - NOA2

12 Sep 2011 - NVC

15 Sep 2011 - Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill

16 Sep 2011 - Pay I-864 Bill

18 Sep 2011 - Received IV Bill

30 Sep 2011 - Paid IV Bill

15 Oct 2011 - sent I184 documents

20 Oct 2011 - sent in DS230

10 Nov 2011 - RFE (Divorce paper)

12 Nov 2011 - RFE (I184)

23 Nov 2011 - Visited NJ :))

01 Dec 2011 - Posted RFE's

02 Dec 2011 - RFE arrived

04 Dec 2011 - Back from NJ

07 Dec 2011 - CASE COMPLETE Phewwwwwwwwwwww

12 Dec 2011 - Got Interview letter for 12 Jan 2012

20 Jan 2012 - Medical at Knightsbridge got RFE[/size]

28 Jan 2012 - Knightbridge recieved BP request and Abdominal Scan reports

30 Jan 2012 - INTERVIEW !!!!!!!! 221 pending medical evidence

31 Jan 2012 - Embassy received medical file

03 Feb 2012 - DX delivered IR visa and packet for POE

03 Apr 2012 - fly to Philadelphia to start the first day of the rest of my life :)) [/size][/size]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Wait my husband has a drinking problem he drinks every day but it doesn't get to the point where he gets violent he just goes to sleep after a long day of work but he drinks everyday and a lot is that gonna be a problem when we go to the medical?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

HI guys

i just got off the phone with my daughter. She failed her medical. We are so upset right now i just want to cry. I dont know what to do anymore. This process has had its toll on me.

She went to Knightsbridge on wednesday. She was talking with the doctor and being the honest person she is she disclosed that she had a suicide attempt when she was 15, she is now 20. The doctor asked her about the last time she drank and used alcohol, she told them within the last few days. She said that they did a blood test. They will find marijanan and alcohol in the results. The doctor said that she didnt think she would be going to america. She gave her paperwork to have a detailed report about her suicide attempt and drug and alcohol usage from her doctor. I am scared because she has has a history of drinking. But she got over it. The doctor said that she will probably have to see a psychiatrist and go for urine tests for the next year at knightsbridge. Even if she had to wait a year she wouldnt be a minor anymore right and have to wait alot longer for her visa if she got one?

I am just at the end i havent seen her for a year and a half. I have no idea what i can do to make it better or how to fix it. I cant loose hope but i dont know is that it guys will she get denied? if thats the case i have to go back to the UK. Just need some input cause i am not thinking very clear right now ......

Thank you again for any help you give x x x x x x

To the issue raised about aging out. Does anyone know? I mean you filed before age 21 so shouldn't it be okay since you will be handled by embassy for next year?Just wondering.

I am sorry and pray for your daughter and strength for you. Goodness she is young and well we all were at one time in life. Man if most of us posted what we were doing at 20. protest6wz.gif

Oh yea i was having a baby.luv.gif Mom she will be okay. One day truly you will be able to laugh at this and tell her kids what momma did to come to America.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post violating tos has been removed. do not advocate any actions that conceal facts.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.