17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If it is your unborn child, there would not be a reason to file for it. It would be able to obtain a US passport when born and not be eligible(nor needed) for a visa.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

How do I add a child (unborn) to a I129F that is already filed without children ? Can we leave the child out and file later ?

You don't.

IF the child is yours, they will need to file a CRBA with the consulate AFTER birth, and get a US passport. The child of a US citizen is not eligible for a VISA as they are themselves a US citizen and do not need a visa. They need a passport.

If the child is NOT yours, you will add the child at the Visa interview by filing the papers for a K-2 visa.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes you just need to register your cbaby`s birth with the U.S. Embassy in your country. Its a good idea to make sure the fathers name is on the birth certificate. And they will also want to see proof of the father`s U.S. citizenship. You can get him to go to a public notary at his locan courthouse and get a copy of his birth certificate and driving licence or passport notarized for this. They will also want an affidavit of perantage that the U.S. father signs to say he is the father. Also an affidavit he will sign to day he gives his consent to issue the child a U.S. passport. You can find this info online at: http : / / travel .state.gov / law / family _ issues / birth / birth _ 593 . html (type this link with no spaces in between) you can find a link on here for your local U.S. Embassy/ Consulate. You can request an application pack online complete with instructions to register your childs birth at the Embassy and apply for his U.S. passport and Social Security Number.

you can apply for the childs social security number at the same time. Fill out the form for this and take it with you when you go to the embassy, as they will sort this out for you. You can also find the application online that you can print out and fill in. Just follow the instructions.

I have a baby that was born outside the U.S. and went though this exact process to get his U.S. citizenship and passport. If you have any questions, let me know. I will be happy to help you. We used old airline tickets to prove i was in the U.S. at time of conception, as they will ask you for some kind of proof you were both in the same country at the time. (so you could use a stamped passport to show this too).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Then you will not need to add the baby on any visa application, as he/she will be a U.S. citizen and will enter on his/ her U.S. passport at Port of Entry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

You don't.

IF the child is yours, they will need to file a CRBA with the consulate AFTER birth, and get a US passport. The child of a US citizen is not eligible for a VISA as they are themselves a US citizen and do not need a visa. They need a passport.

If the child is NOT yours, you will add the child at the Visa interview by filing the papers for a K-2 visa.

I recall his previous thread where he already acknowledged the child wasn't his...

Edited by Sarah and Adnan

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Would adding a child to the paperwork add more time for an apporval ? I was advised not to add the child and file later for the baby . I don't want to wait longer , but I also do want my fiancee to be without her child for a long period of time .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

All children must be listed on a visa application. If the child is already born, it MUST be listed, otherwise you are comitting miss-representation and it could be very difficult to get the child here later.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Every single child regardless of age of visa intent MUST be listed on the 129f form. Any you want to obtain K-2 visas, must do that within one year of the issuance of the K-1, are then listed on the 156k form. If you wait more than one year from the K-1 then that is a different visa for the child.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

I forgot to include that the child is unborn at this point . It is possible that she may give birth before the K-1 is approved . I was told that you can not inclue a unborn child on the I-129F .

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I forgot to include that the child is unborn at this point . It is possible that she may give birth before the K-1 is approved . I was told that you can not inclue a unborn child on the I-129F .

That is correct. You cannot predict the future, nor give USCIS information that has yet to occur. idea9dv.gif

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Once the baby is born I would need to include the child to the I-29F correct ? The baby is not mine and we intend to file a K-2 . When we are doing this is not decided yet . Is it possible if the baby is born before the approval to do this and have the baby fly with us ?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Once the baby is born I would need to include the child to the I-29F correct ? The baby is not mine and we intend to file a K-2 . When we are doing this is not decided yet . Is it possible if the baby is born before the approval to do this and have the baby fly with us ?

You are providing too little fragmented and speculative information to be able to give you clear advice.

For example: Who are the parents? Will you have sole legal custody of the child? Your next course of action will likely depend largely on what is stated on the birth certificate of this unborn child. Though, as you say, you have yet to make decisions.

Good luck.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.