28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello VJ'ers,

While I love my husband dearly the man snores to beat the band and it is actually becoming a huge problem as it keeps me up all night and I am not getting any sleep. I go to bed with him and stay until he falls asleep hoping that I can fall asleep before him but it never works, he falls asleep in like seconds lol. I almost always end up getting up because I just can't stand it. I am so frustrated and tired that I am quite cranky a lot. I know he can't help it and he feels bad but I am becoming quite resentful towards him because of it. When he starts up I just want to shout at him to shut up so I can get some sleep for once. I never do thought, I just quietly as I can get out of bed so I don't disturb him and go read or do something else that is quiet so I do not disturb him.

We have talked about it and he know that it is a big problem but we have no clue what to do short of me or him sleeping on the couch which is not really an option at all.

Anyone else have this issue or advice?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

there's some nose thingie he can wear when sleeping - purty much stops all snoring.

sold in most drugstores - ask yer pharmacist about it.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

there's some nose thingie he can wear when sleeping - purty much stops all snoring.

sold in most drugstores - ask yer pharmacist about it.

Oh wow okay I will check it out right away.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Oh wow okay I will check it out right away.

He could also have a medical condition causing it- he may want to talk to a professional if it is that bad. I have family history of sleep apnea and my husband knows that if over time snoring gets worse he should let me know...

There are many things that cause it. Yes there are some over the counter things that help- but not for all (TRUST ME!) so if they don't work he should seek an evaluation.

Take care!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

If he falls asleep in seconds I'd definitely get him to talk to a dr. It could be sleep apnoea or something else. I had a flatmate whose boyfriend had really terrible snoring (he'd wake up the whole house), it turned out he had some kind of blockage in his nasal passage, after he has surgery the snoring stopped!

Good luck!

As a respiratory therpist treating patients with this symptom, I would suggest that he talks to his primary care physician to request a sleep study at a certified sleep lab. Snoring is one symptom of Obstructive Sleep Apnea. If it is concluded that he has OSA, a typical treatment is a CPAP device. Google Obstructive Sleep Apmea. Good luck.

September 7, 2009 - met Lena online
October 20, 2010 - First Meeting in Kharkov
Oct 20, 2010 - Engaged
December 3, 2010 - Filed I-129F
December 16, 2010 - NOA-1 notification
December 30, 2010 - Second Visit to Kharkov
February 8, 2011 - Touched
April 18, 2011 - NOA-2 notification
April 18, 2011 - Petition at NVC
April 25, 2011 - Medical Exam
April 26, 2011 - Received at Embassy
April 27, 28, 29, 2011 - Repeat medical (passed medical)
May 5, 2011 - Packet #4 received by mail in Ukraine
June 17, 2011 - Interview scheduled 9:00 AM
June 17, 2011 - Visa approved
June 18, 2011 - Interview Review posted
July 11, 2011 - POE - Detroit
July 17, 2011 - Applied for Marriage License
July 17, 2011 - Applied for SSN
August 17, 2011 - Married in Russian Orthodox Church - Detroit
November 11, 2011 - Submitted AOS/EAD/AP
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1
February 7, 2012 - Still no Biometrics appointment
February 10, 2012 - Service Request - no Biometrics appointment to date
February 29, 2012 - Infopass appointment Detroit (no Biometrics appointment letter - over 40 days)
March 9, 2012 - Biometrics
March 12, 2012 - EAD card production email received
March 23, 2012 - EAD received
March 24, 2012 - AOS interview appointment for April 24, 2012 (Detroit)
April 24, 2012 - AOS approved!
May 2, 2012 - 2 year provisional Green Card received
June 2, 2012 - First job - Russian Kindergarden in Oak Park, Michigan

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

Nov 3, 2014 - Case moved to Detroit Field Office

Dec 29, 2014 - ROC Interview - Detroit Field Office

Feb 16, 2015 - I-751 approved after 2nd interview

Feb 18, 2015 - I 551 stamp in passport

Mar 5, 2015 - 10 year Permanent Resident Status

Timeline

I felt bad about posting this but I am glad I did. Thank you all for the replies and I will definitely talk to my husband about seeing a Dr. if the nose things from the drug store do not work.

My dad used to snore but finally went to have a sleep study done, and got a CPAP device. He was sure he would hate it and would want surgery instead, but amazingly, even after the first night, he felt so rested (because he was actually getting a proper night's sleep) he was overjoyed. He says now he can enjoy coffee for the taste again (and not need it like a zombie to wake up) because he is getting a great night's sleep. My mom doesn't move to the other room to sleep anymore either, which makes him happy.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Snoring is quite common. You got some great advice above about getting checked out. One friend of mine described the device that was put on him as looking like and sounding like Darth Vader. But he got full rest :devil:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband has sleep apnea, he uses a cpap. He doesn't know how he was able to function before he got the machine, he even lost 20lbs just from being able to sleep better. I wish I could lose 20lbs from sleeping better lol.

Anyways I was the one who told my husband that he would stop breathing while he slept, before we met he just figured he snored. The falling asleep the minute his head touch the pillow is so annoying, I'm jealous I can't do that.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

My husband has sleep apnea, he uses a cpap. He doesn't know how he was able to function before he got the machine, he even lost 20lbs just from being able to sleep better. I wish I could lose 20lbs from sleeping better lol.

Anyways I was the one who told my husband that he would stop breathing while he slept, before we met he just figured he snored. The falling asleep the minute his head touch the pillow is so annoying, I'm jealous I can't do that.

there is also the "pillow method" to stop the snoring :devil::lol:

cpap .. :thumbs:

The falling asleep the minute his head touch the pillow is so annoying, I'm jealous I can't do that.

I know what you mean! Maybe it's a male thing or something, because my husband will literally fall fast asleep within a minute or so of turning out the light, whereas I'm still laying there thinking about all sorts of things in my head, even if I'm super tired. I'd give my right arm to fall asleep that fast! Lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you sleeping with my husband? :lol:

Mine is the same way... Funny enough as we aren't together I kind of miss his snores!

MrsJ

qSIFm7.png

USCIS: 175 Days

NVC: 41 Days

NOA1 to Interview: 265 Days

Interview: 20 March 2012 - APPROVED

NVC for Montreal Beneficiaries – Electronic Processing and New Online Forms Guide by Saylin

Please edit your timeline in your profile so you can help others learn how long each step of this process takes. Thanks!

Filed: Other Timeline

I happen to snore, and it kept my wife awake as well. It was so disturbing that she got up in the middle of the night and slept in another room. We finally invested a few bucks in ear plugs which we both use, and that helped. I also make sure that she falls asleep first, so I watch TV until she's out like a light before turning off the TV and drifting away myself.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.