December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

that's it. I'm changing the "last touched" to "last fondled"

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Still no touches for me!

Blake and I are very seriously considering moving our wedding date, since we are at VSC and my local embassy is also known for being pretty slow (montreal). Of course there's a chance everything could be fine, but I don't want to take chances with the wedding. I suppose I should have listened to everyone saying not to plan anything until you have that visa in your hand, but its too late now! We'll probably move it to April or May 2012, which should be enough time. Blah, I like our current date :( Oh well, thats life and immigration.

Got back from Atlanta at 2am last night. It was super sad leaving, but also encouraging since its the last time I will be leaving Atlanta without Blake at my side! :)

April or May 2012??? Why so late?? is that your estimate of how long it will take you?

We have a pretty solid plan for 1/14/12 so I hope this won't make us miss our wedding too! yikes! Ohh well... nothing we can do now but wait and hope!

Although I don't think the London Embassy is as slow as Montreal, but still..... VSC needs to start padding their stats and move to December like CSC has started moving to Jan/Feb. hehe... It's only fair (to those of us in December!)

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-07

Touched: 2010-12-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

April or May 2012??? Why so late?? is that your estimate of how long it will take you?

We have a pretty solid plan for 1/14/12 so I hope this won't make us miss our wedding too! yikes! Ohh well... nothing we can do now but wait and hope!

Although I don't think the London Embassy is as slow as Montreal, but still..... VSC needs to start padding their stats and move to December like CSC has started moving to Jan/Feb. hehe... It's only fair (to those of us in December!)

No, I'm hopeful that we will be approved much sooner than that, but I'm just so stressed out about how this date choice turned out (which we thought would be enough time) that I don't want to take ANY chances. Also, Atlanta is GORGEOUS at that time of year.

I'm sure we'll all be approved in time for your wedding, no worries!

Kristen - if I'm in Atlanta for 11-11-11 then we will do our 'legal' wedding then, yeah. I don't know which we'll count as our anniversary/wedding date though.

and good call on the wording change Dizzy!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Also, Atlanta is GORGEOUS at that time of year.

Take some pictures on Emory's campus...gorgeous landscaping and beautiful marble buildings everywhere. check out Stone Mountain too!

I went to Emory my freshman year...love love love Atlanta (but hate the tuition cost lol)!

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

So exciting all the touches. I had to update! FYI - this is now sorted first by Service Center, and then by NOA1 Date:

eamama.png

Dear Dizzy, can you add some information about us. Service Center: VSC, and Last Touched: 31/12/2010.

A huge thank you for such great work.good.gif

2diFp2.png

Dec 17. 2010 - Sent I-129F

Dec 20. 2010 - NOA1

Dec 31. 2010 - Touched

May 23. 2011 - RFE

July 14. 2011 - NOA2

July 26. 2011 - Medical Test

August 19th - Packed 3 Received

August 19th - Packed 3 Send

September 15th - Packed 4 Received

Awww, I didn't make the list as an honorary Decemberite!? :P

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Still no touches for me!

Blake and I are very seriously considering moving our wedding date, since we are at VSC and my local embassy is also known for being pretty slow (montreal). Of course there's a chance everything could be fine, but I don't want to take chances with the wedding. I suppose I should have listened to everyone saying not to plan anything until you have that visa in your hand, but its too late now! We'll probably move it to April or May 2012, which should be enough time. Blah, I like our current date :( Oh well, thats life and immigration.

Got back from Atlanta at 2am last night. It was super sad leaving, but also encouraging since its the last time I will be leaving Atlanta without Blake at my side! :)

Dont make me start to rethink as well haha

We have a wedding date for the 29th of October 2011, and a NOA1 of 30th of December 2010. It can't really move easily as well so I really hoping things go smoothly.

I have already changed the wedding date once and it seems the 29th is locked in, praying for fast processing!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Take some pictures on Emory's campus...gorgeous landscaping and beautiful marble buildings everywhere. check out Stone Mountain too!

I went to Emory my freshman year...love love love Atlanta (but hate the tuition cost lol)!

Oh thanks for the suggestion, we'll be getting engagement shots done as well so maybe Emory would be a good location for that! I looove Stone Mountain.

Kristen that would be the BEST!

Derek and Callie - I know, the one thing that was sort of reassuring to me about my date is the fact that other people also have weddings planned for around that date (or even the same date!) so it can't be that ridiculous to be having our wedding the day it is... I am SUCH a worrier though, so I know I'd be driving myself crazy the whole time, and I have the WORST luck, so you'd probably all get approved and I'd still have to wait! haha

We're going to be talking to our vendors and seeing what the latest is that we can push our date back, so we can wait and see how things are going by then.

event.png

Timeline

Oh thanks for the suggestion, we'll be getting engagement shots done as well so maybe Emory would be a good location for that! I looove Stone Mountain.

Kristen that would be the BEST!

Derek and Callie - I know, the one thing that was sort of reassuring to me about my date is the fact that other people also have weddings planned for around that date (or even the same date!) so it can't be that ridiculous to be having our wedding the day it is... I am SUCH a worrier though, so I know I'd be driving myself crazy the whole time, and I have the WORST luck, so you'd probably all get approved and I'd still have to wait! haha

We're going to be talking to our vendors and seeing what the latest is that we can push our date back, so we can wait and see how things are going by then.

hahaha yeah its abit like that.

We originally had our date for mid August, but then VSC started to really slow up, we changed it to October 29th thinking we wouldn't have to even worry about it, but I am starting to, we have like 250+ people coming and my family from Australia coming etc. I am just hoping things get done in the estimated time.

I have 300 days from NOA1 till I really need to be in the states, that seems like a LONG time, do you think that it is a big risk having a wedding then?

Has it taken more than 300 days for the entire process for many people in the past?

Timeline

Still no touches :( this makes me sad and depressed!!!! We are number 1 on the december list- but still NOTHING :(

mY wedding date is planned for oct. 13th this year, please tell me I will definately have my visa by then....im hoping ill have it by mid june- is this wishful thinking??? I havnt seen my fiance since nov. last year and we are both starting to get on edge- maybe I should just fly over to america for a week??? but flight prices are just soooo high from sydney to louisiana!!! Should I just wait it out?? do you think it will all start happening soon? stupid VSC!!!! Please someone give me some hope

xx kiria - sorry for the down email

Timeline

Still no touches :( this makes me sad and depressed!!!! We are number 1 on the december list- but still NOTHING :(

mY wedding date is planned for oct. 13th this year, please tell me I will definately have my visa by then....im hoping ill have it by mid june- is this wishful thinking??? I havnt seen my fiance since nov. last year and we are both starting to get on edge- maybe I should just fly over to america for a week??? but flight prices are just soooo high from sydney to louisiana!!! Should I just wait it out?? do you think it will all start happening soon? stupid VSC!!!! Please someone give me some hope

xx kiria - sorry for the down email

Well having a quick look at days from NOA1 to Interview lately they are around 200-250, you have allowed over 300 days so I think you will be ok. I am saying this because I have allowed similar if not less time for visa it would seem. But for it to go over 300 days without visa inhand doesn't seem that likely, there aren't that many people waiting longer than 300 days, and I think processing times will get quicker, they cant afford to keep on processing this slow and I mean june/july last year it was taking 3-4 months, so lets keep praying that the times get faster, but yeah considering most people are getting the entire process time in under 250 days we should be ok with allowing 300, just hope everything goes smoothly, be prepared as much as you can with packet 3, keep praying and hope things don't get even slower. My wedding date is set pretty solid so I am in the same boat as you, but I feel confident.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

OK Shawn.. calm down.. deep breaths....

So, after the disappointments yesterday about not being fondled (and Mari, I kept the fondling myself to myself.. but now everyone knows thanks to you!), and bored at work a few times I logged into USCIS just to see the same old thing and I STILL wasn't fondled. So I come home, and open up my e-mail and guess what!?! I WON THE LOTTERY!! Well, not millions of dollars but my petition was APPROVED! With that, the earlier approval and all these touches, I hope these are signs that the CSC Decemberites are moving! For all our Vermonters, I'm rooting, hoping, and preying you get some action soon also! Wow, I still can't believe it but I will when I get my official NOA2 in the mail!

OK.. recipes are coming tomorrow. Sonoko will e-mail me one and then I will add one of my favs from Okinawa (it's Okinawa soul food!)

To the replies!

I'm so tired from work today and then I read that... lol Shawn, I thought you were going to say you were going to fondle yourself! I need to eat, I'm losing my mind I think. lol

Ok Mari.. see my comment above... now everyone knows! :P Don't feel bad about work.. I really don't want to work anymore!! Too tired!

I've been playing with this site for invitations, I'm not sure if I'll order the invite pockets from them or just do something really plain but it's the cheapest site I've found for these damn things. (literally just cardstock folded with a pocket!)

cards and pockets invites

I've been trying to figure out how I want to do invites also and if I want to make my own or order them. Since Sonoko and I will have a small crowd probably order them, but thanks for another site to look at!! You would think it would be reasonably easy to choose, but at least for me it hasn't been!

I have a feeling things are about to get exciting here!!

-Shawn

April 2007 - Met Sonoko in Okinawa Japan

June 2010 - I left Okinawa, relationship continued

November 12, 2010 - Wedding proposal on Sonoko's visit to USA!

December 10, 2010 - I129F sent

December 23, 2010 - NOA1

March 22, 2011 - NOA2

March 25, 2011 - NVC receives petition

March 29, 2011 - NVC sends petition to Naha, Okinawa Consulate

April 8, 2011 - Packet 3 Instructions received

April 25, 2011 - Interview (PASSED!!)

May 9, 2011 - VISA received

May 18, 2011 - Arrived to the USA

Aug 16, 2011 - AOS Sent

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Still no touches for me!

Michael and I are not giving up hope...there is still time!

I am trying super hard to have faith in CVS & Montreal!

Have a nice evening,

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.