2,826 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Ughhhh!! I am so annoyed. I was having a happy world in my lala land--I was having crazy thoughts like e-mailing the embassy and saying, "In honor of 4th of July weekend---plz approve our visa and give us our freedom" or doing it in a national level. RIGHT! Like I said in my lala land and I was dreaming of all the wonderful possiblities my vision could hold for everyone in AP. And, I decided to call DoS---just for kicks and giggles and i get the dumbest operator. I don't know her name but she is so dumb---she always misses up the case #. In then shes like, "He hasn't had an interview yet." I am like, "yes, he did April 29th." And, she is like, "then what do you want to know?" with an attidue I might add. I was like he went into AP---I want to know what is going on with that (and inside I'm thinking maybe its been approved thats why she can't see AP. In then, shes like "He had his interview April 29th at 8 am." (And, I'm thinking right I just told you the date weirdo!) In then with an attidue she says, "it's still pending---okay." I didn't even say thank you----i just hung up. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

Timeline

event.png

Being in AP is truly no fun. We're all like prisoners who dont know why we're locked up. We deserve our freedom. Sometimes I look back at posts of people saying its hard right now but u have to imagine the light at the end of the tunnel. That's really hard me. Like I really hope everyone's AP gets done with soon. My husband has been in it for almost 12 months and its truly baffling. Like I can not understand why its taking this long. I always get the urge to call DOS but then when i hear the same thing pending and in Washington I get annoyed. Anywayz, everyone hang in there K. (F)

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

12 months...wow...i don't know how u're doing it...we've been apart for only 2 weeks & I'm going crazy. I guess part of it is that we were sent back to USCIS, and we have no clue if CSC will even review it...the idea of another yr in nausiating. I don't know why they love to torture us...but seriously i think some of them enjoy it :bonk: hope everyone has a good 4th & they feel in good moods & give some of us "freedom"

Malika :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

Being in AP is truly no fun. We're all like prisoners who dont know why we're locked up. We deserve our freedom. Sometimes I look back at posts of people saying its hard right now but u have to imagine the light at the end of the tunnel. That's really hard me. Like I really hope everyone's AP gets done with soon. My husband has been in it for almost 12 months and its truly baffling. Like I can not understand why its taking this long. I always get the urge to call DOS but then when i hear the same thing pending and in Washington I get annoyed. Anywayz, everyone hang in there K. (F)

I couldn't agree more with "We're all like prisoners who dont know why we're locked up."

That's why a few weeks I go I made the suggestion that we should get some media attention around AP via CNN. 100 people read my post but no one responded. :(

I just think some Media attention would get the Obama Administrations attention. (HOPEFUL THINKING!!)

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello, my Dear All

Today i called to embassy and the guy he told me that we transfer ur case to NVC on June 24 2010 and we also send u ur original documents and passport and also wedding photos he also told me that u can check ur status in NVC...

plz plz plz plz help i m feel really hurting....

need advise... :help:

event.png

event.png

I couldn't agree more with "We're all like prisoners who dont know why we're locked up."

That's why a few weeks I go I made the suggestion that we should get some media attention around AP via CNN. 100 people read my post but no one responded. :(

I just think some Media attention would get the Obama Administrations attention. (HOPEFUL THINKING!!)

Heyyyy, i dont know if i saw that but i definitely thinks its a good idea. What did you have in mind to get their attention?

Hello, my Dear All

Today i called to embassy and the guy he told me that we transfer ur case to NVC on June 24 2010 and we also send u ur original documents and passport and also wedding photos he also told me that u can check ur status in NVC...

I know you're frustrated and you have every right to be. We are all soooooooo frustrated. Did they give you any information on why it might have been transferred? Also, where was the case before it even transferred?

Timeline

Hello, my Dear All

Khan---is that a bad thing? I am sorry. I hope it isn't a bad thing. : (

Heyyyy, i dont know if i saw that but i definitely thinks its a good idea. What did you have in mind to get their attention?

I'm not quiet sure how other people have been getting CNN to cover them. There was a journalist from france who got their attention awhile back, a large group of enigneers/ph.d prof. signed a petition and went to congress. I made that post so people who respond/start a discussion. I"ll post link for you later. Its in this form title of it is CNN sub title is ireport.

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

transfered to NVC means either 212 or 221g... both are types of denials and the consulate is saying we can't or won't issue the visa.... back to the states to try to get a rebuttal....:thumbs: similar to the road whatsnext has been going down...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

transfered to NVC means either 212 or 221g... both are types of denials and the consulate is saying we can't or won't issue the visa.... back to the states to try to get a rebuttal....:thumbs: similar to the road whatsnext has been going down...

Hmmm, is it normal to send Armani's passport to NVC as well? Armani, did they say anything else at all to you? Did you call DoS?

Timeline

the passport and docs were sent to him I thought... and case sent to NVC

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

the passport and docs were sent to him I thought... and case sent to NVC

Sorry, you're right, I didn't read it properly :blush:

I'm not quiet sure how other people have been getting CNN to cover them. There was a journalist from france who got their attention awhile back, a large group of enigneers/ph.d prof. signed a petition and went to congress. I made that post so people who respond/start a discussion. I"ll post link for you later. Its in this form title of it is CNN sub title is ireport.

You'd need as large a group as possible. Are you aware that there are a few other AP threads across VJ? There's an Islamabad one in IR-1/CR-1, a Cairo one in MENA, and the other regional forums probably have one too...you could try to drum up interest/support there as well.

The engineers group had an advantage over the likes of me, and almost all other AP-ers, in that they've lived, worked, studied in the US, some for many years. I've been to the US a few times, and many AP-ers have never been to the US from what I understand. Public support/interest will be harder to come by :(

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello, my Dear All

I'm also on the 221(g) refusal road....here's a link on the MENA forum that has a lot of info Returned Petitions via 221g . Was told by USCIS today that they r supposed to review it within 120 days of leaving the embassy....but who knows how true that is :wacko: I also created a thread for fellow MENA ppl going through the same process...hope we can help eachother out: Sent back for review thread Best of Luck.

Malika :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

They just got my demand letter.. I am required to submit a final demand letter before filing a writ of mandumus... Our case is only at the consulate and has not undergone any namechecks or processing outside of the consulate this year.. There are clear policies in place that dictate how long they can take to process paperwork. at the consular level they have 30 days for k1 and 60 days for CR1 after they get the documentation from the applicant...

Here is a good example of what can be done when the consulate or USCIS does not follow the rules http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/262322-tran-v-napolitano-class-action-lawsuit-against-dhs-ho-chi-minh-city/page__p__4025978#entry4025978

the filing is very long, but well worth the read through so you can see an example of what they do wrong and how blatant it is.

The court can compel them to do the right thing or in some cases the court takes over... that is what a writ of mandumus is for.

There are exceptions and that has to do with the DHS policy that over-rides everything else... thats where those name checks come in, but they were also told they need to get that done in a reasonable amount of time... it sucks that one has to spend thousands of dollars to make a government employee follow the rules.. the same rules they throw at us day after day... they are not above the law no matter what they may think.... the good thing is that the government in many cases is held liable for the atty fees associated with making them to the right thing...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.