2,826 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Perhaps it was the Monday morning blues :P

Regardless, it wasn't worth calling back.

Perhaps!!!

I've been playing games with myself about calling or not. I just don't want to hear, "it's still in admin review." But---maybe i'll break down and call in a littel bit....

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Dont let the response from the CSR get to you.. keep in mind that they are no different than the person taking your order at a fast food drive through... if it isnt on the computer they get flapped up... they are there for the paycheck and thats it.. they often treat us like the cashier would treat a mop after being told that they needed to mop up the entire restuarant... the job is answering the phone, but they dont want to have to talk to anyone...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I called a short while ago for my weekly update - when I asked her if the agency checks were finished she got angry and put the phone down! It's been 18 weeks since my interview :(

uuuugh... I cant believe that she hung up on you... well... good news is she didnt tell you to pray before she did the dirty :rofl: 18 weeks sucks!! all this waiting reminds me of a song..

Subsitute the word Swimming for Waiting and you will have a little insight in my brain :wacko:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmyUkm2qlhA

no seriously come on and watch it :P

Edited by Amit-N-Melody

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

uuuugh... I cant believe that she hung up on you... well... good news is she didnt tell you to pray before she did the dirty :rofl: 18 weeks sucks!! all this waiting reminds me of a song..

Subsitute the word Swimming for Waiting and you will have a little insight in my brain :wacko:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmyUkm2qlhA

no seriously come on and watch it :P

So cute & a nice little distraction :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

I called a short while ago for my weekly update - when I asked her if the agency checks were finished she got angry and put the phone down! It's been 18 weeks since my interview :(

I cant believe she hung up on you either. Talk about rude. Can she even do that? Seriously sometimes pple just need to put ourselves in our place. Well, today I called dos and luckily the lady wasnt as bad as the one i had last time. I asked her again wat the status of my husband's visa was and of course she said pending. I asked her when the last time his case had been updated and I was surprised to hear yesterday so woo hoo to that. She even answered me when i asked if it was at the consular level and she said no in washington, d.c. So........... my question to everyone is this........what happens after washington, d.c and how long do u think it might take there? thanxxxxxx :P

I was told that mine is being reviewed at the consulate, nothing about Washington. I asked specifically, not that I put much faith in DoS's answers. So what does that even mean? What the heck could they be doing with an apparently clear cut case for nearly 2 months?

I'll call DoS again later this week.. just to reassure myself that we DO still exist as a file somewhere. I think Kevin is going to be contacting his senator again soon as well.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Timeline

The consulates sometimes do thier own investigations... in VN they are documented to take as long as 10 months... they have 1 year from the interview to make a decision as the application is only good for 1 year... in our consulate they often send out people to the village to ask questions of neighbors or the villiage snoop.. they also call people posing as someone else and asking questions.. when asked if they are from the consulate.. they lie and say no... only to call back a short while later saying they are from the consulate and want to ask more questions...

they have 7 months left before they must decide one way or the other...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The consulates sometimes do thier own investigations... in VN they are documented to take as long as 10 months... they have 1 year from the interview to make a decision as the application is only good for 1 year... in our consulate they often send out people to the village to ask questions of neighbors or the villiage snoop.. they also call people posing as someone else and asking questions.. when asked if they are from the consulate.. they lie and say no... only to call back a short while later saying they are from the consulate and want to ask more questions...

they have 7 months left before they must decide one way or the other...

I was told that it could take longer than a year in some cases... that the petition was valid as long as it was still under AP.. this is what some robot from DOS told me... I had asked if while under AP that a petition could ever expire.. and if so was there a way that I could extend it... If one year had passed wouldnt they just call you in to turn in a new DS-230?

uuuuuuugh I f'ing hate this process... who the hell knows anything? becuase just when you think that you have cracked this jacked up secret code then it all changes.. and we are no more wiser than we were before this all began... I dont understand why it has to be sooo secret... Why can't they tell me the facts instead of telling me to "pray" The operators are only good to feed us this generic bull sh!t....

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Timeline

Thats if the consulate requires an agency in the states to do a check like a name check... at that point.. the investigation is out of the consulates hands... After the DHS or whomever is doing the investigation returns the results to the consulate.. the consulate is supposed to make a decision in 30 or 60 days.. they usually dont abide by that policy...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

hey, thanx for the insight. if ur right that i only have one more month to go i would be ecstatic. contacting dos tomorrow again hope to get someone nice and helpful. this ap thing is beginning to get to me. but feel free to add me to the tracker. his interview was july 19 2009 and have been waiting for a visa since than. hows your case status doing?

Thanks for joining the tracker it really gives other people insight into AP and it lets us know we are not suffering alone. Hopefully this will be a short visit to the forum. Thanks for asking about my case I have listed the time frames in my signature. At this point I truly feel like it is one big nightmare Im just wondering when I will wake up.

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Thanks guys :)

Scott, the very first time I called DoS I got a very professional, authoritative, well-spoken lady who was polite, friendly, helpful and as informative as she could be. There's no way she was just an operator. Thought gosh, DoS definitely better than NVC! I called again the very next day as I thought that AP could be due to missing passport photos, and I very quickly discovered that the first lady was very much the exception. It didn't take long to realise that they are indeed just operators reading from a screen, no more no less.

That's why even though I call every week, I really don't expect much - it's futile.

Timeline

Since our file is sitting idle at the consulate I am thinking about sending a demand letter to the consulate asking them to follow policy and indicating that if the policy is not followed and case processed as per DoS guidelines, I will file a writ of mandumus...

Our medical expires this week and now we will have to get it renewed... more $... I am going to have her get the new medical in the coming weeks and hand deliver it to the consulate along with the demand letter...

I was told by the consulate that cases are reviewed in the order they are recieved, but cases that arrived at the consulate after our documents were submitted have been reviewed.. visa issued and marriage taken place...

I was told that mine is being reviewed at the consulate, nothing about Washington. I asked specifically, not that I put much faith in DoS's answers. So what does that even mean? What the heck could they be doing with an apparently clear cut case for nearly 2 months?

I'll call DoS again later this week.. just to reassure myself that we DO still exist as a file somewhere. I think Kevin is going to be contacting his senator again soon as well.

yea, i have been asking myself the same thing for a year. like why do they take so long to inform us of what they are doing. from some of the other posts that i read i guess a case can either be at the consular level or be in washing, d.c. for security checks. If ur case stays at the counsul and they continue to just review it there you're more likely to get ur visa quicker than if it has to go to washington as well. thats from wat i read tho, i could be toally wrong bc just like u i have no idea. we're all puppets in a stupid show. lol.

Well Kevin called the senator this morning, apparently they have heard nothing either, but they said they will give it another week, week and a half and they will be calling the consulate to find out what's up. He also is getting his congressman involved, hoping SOMEONE will get an answer.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.