2,826 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello AP tracker any good news at all ?

I hope that you all will hear good news soon .

You all are in my prayers .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I talked with a "nice" english speaking DOS operator this morning... was still a waste of time.. Same story different day, they cant tell me when my case has been touched if they are looking at it where it is how long it will take and even at this point she couldnt give me a general estimate on when the visa could get issued... she said best case scenario would be tomorrow and worst case she said could be years... She did tell me that my I-130 wouldnt expire and that as long as they dont deny him then there is nothing that I have to worry about doing, just wait for it to be completed and GOod Luck! :thumbs: Arent they just freaking chiper first thing in the morning

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

17 weeks since my interview, it's time for a weekly update. I called, the immediate response was that it's still pending, I asked if my case were still being processed in the US, she confirmed that it was. Thankyou and goodbye. I don't think it lasted more than a minute. She was friendly, which does make a difference. Funnily enough, apart from when I get Chris, no one ever wishes me good luck, or advises me to pray unlike some VJers, I wonder why?

Has anyone else any news?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

17 weeks since my interview, it's time for a weekly update. I called, the immediate response was that it's still pending, I asked if my case were still being processed in the US, she confirmed that it was. Thankyou and goodbye. I don't think it lasted more than a minute. She was friendly, which does make a difference. Funnily enough, apart from when I get Chris, no one ever wishes me good luck, or advises me to pray unlike some VJers, I wonder why?

Has anyone else any news?

Hey treehugger. Its so disappointing calling them. There are a few others ones who are nice: the two names that stand out is Sarah and Sue. Sue is very sweet--she has told me, "You have a very fine choice." They can see the benf pic. In then shes like, it should be opposite we should get to see the petitiners pic b/c we get to talk to you guys.

UGHHH FUDGE!! The contact we had in the embassy fwd the case to the chief officer in Kenya and her reply was standard:

"I’m sorry that this has been a frustrating process. As you know, the visa process can be very complex and we, as officers, are not permitted to seek to influence the process. I would suggest that the applicant continue to check in with the embassy and ask for a status update and an explanation of next steps or expected timeframes.

The consular section’s number is 254 20 363 6622.

Regards, NAME"

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

Yeah right, and when the beneficiary asks about expected timeframes they get told that there is no timeframe!!!

Funnily enough, as I'm the beneficiary and I'm the one that calls DoS, they get to see me, and they have commented about my photo :P Usually it's the USC that calls, but obviously it was me who called the courier to see what happened to my passport, who told me to call the embassy, who told me that my application was suspended the day after my interview. They told me to email the embassy, but that it could take up to a week for them to reply.

As you can imagine, I wasn't waiting that long, and as my husband was still fast asleep I called DoS myself, and have done since. He gets to deal with congressmen's and senator's offices :P

Incidentally, tomorrow it'll be four months in AP, and it'll also be two months since he contacted the senator's office for the first time. In those two months all they have done is lose our file THREE times, and they've done absolutely nothing, not even enter our case into the system. He's called them numerous times the past few weeks, and they kept telling him they were busy with the elections and that there was a backlog, call back in a few days. He called again last Friday, only for them to say that they'd lost it yet again and could he please fax it...again!!

Timeline

Incidentally, tomorrow it'll be four months in AP, and it'll also be two months since he contacted the senator's office for the first time. In those two months all they have done is lose our file THREE times, and they've done absolutely nothing, not even enter our case into the system. He's called them numerous times the past few weeks, and they kept telling him they were busy with the elections and that there was a backlog, call back in a few days. He called again last Friday, only for them to say that they'd lost it yet again and could he please fax it...again!!

I know we all want to try but I don't think the congressman or senator can do much. I contacted my senators office to see if they can contact DoS and she said that there is no use that in the past when she does this all they say is, "They are in AP and need to wait."

Edited by lostinlove03

event.png

I know we all want to try but I don't think the congressman or senator can do much. I contacted my senators office to see if they can contact DoS and she said that there is no use that in the past when she does this all they say is, "They are in AP and need to wait."

Oh, I definitely agree, but the one advantage that contacting representatives has is that just in case your file is sitting on a desk collecting dust, they still have to fish it out in order to reply to an inquiry. And who knows, perhaps it also serves to ensure that there are people concerned and following up on the application :unsure:

I don't know, you just want to feel that you've done everything possible I suppose.

Timeline

I don't know, you just want to feel that you've done everything possible I suppose.

VERY VERY TRUE!!!!!!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yeah right, and when the beneficiary asks about expected timeframes they get told that there is no timeframe!!!

Funnily enough, as I'm the beneficiary and I'm the one that calls DoS, they get to see me, and they have commented about my photo :P Usually it's the USC that calls, but obviously it was me who called the courier to see what happened to my passport, who told me to call the embassy, who told me that my application was suspended the day after my interview. They told me to email the embassy, but that it could take up to a week for them to reply.

As you can imagine, I wasn't waiting that long, and as my husband was still fast asleep I called DoS myself, and have done since. He gets to deal with congressmen's and senator's offices :P

Hello, is beneficiary allowed to call DOS???

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

depends on who answers the phone.. some will talk.. some say USC only

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

depends on who answers the phone.. some will talk.. some say USC only

Gosh, I didn't know that!! In the past fifteen weeks I've called countless times, and it's never been an issue! Who wants to bet that the very next time I call them they'll refuse to speak to the non-USC :blush:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Woot!! Woot!! Hubby called the embassy :dance::dance: aaaaaaannnnnnddddddd they said :

our case is infront of them and to call back next week :devil:

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Timeline

Congrats Melody!!! Did you call the State Dept. to see what it shows on their system?

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.