2,826 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Was it Chris? He's the only guy I've spoken to...the last time I got him he told me that my case was finished in Washington and that it was back at the embassy...I got very excited, thinking yay, I could be getting my visa soon. Approximately a fortnight passed and nothing, I called again and specifically asked, and they said no, it's still in Washington. I'm sorry, but I forgot who else on here he gave the impression that good news was around the corner, end of May, only for nothing to change :(

It was me! He told me my case would be completed at the latest by the end of May.:*****( Today is a very tough day!!!!!!

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

It was me! He told me my case would be completed at the latest by the end of May.:*****( Today is a very tough day!!!!!!

Had a feeling it was you :P

Beginning of July eh? How much longer do we all have to wait :(

Timeline

Had a feeling it was you :P

Beginning of July eh? How much longer do we all have to wait :(

:( I feel like I'm having a nervous break down today. My stomach is upset, i'm shaking, and I can't focus. THIS SUCKS!!!! Isn't this inhumane? SERIOUSLY!!!

event.png

:( I feel like I'm having a nervous break down today. My stomach is upset, i'm shaking, and I can't focus. THIS SUCKS!!!! Isn't this inhumane? SERIOUSLY!!!

After a while you really do become numb to the whole situation. Sometimes I think I'd rather they said it'll take X long, at the end of which you'll have your visa, than being in limbo. For now at least, I've decided to stop thinking about it. There's nothing my husband or I can do, so we should just get on with our lives as best as we can.

Timeline

After a while you really do become numb to the whole situation. Sometimes I think I'd rather they said it'll take X long, at the end of which you'll have your visa, than being in limbo. For now at least, I've decided to stop thinking about it. There's nothing my husband or I can do, so we should just get on with our lives as best as we can.

Treehugger---thats exactly my point. If it is 12 months---they need to tell us that. Then I could rearrange my life and do what I need to do. But--the no time limit and not knowing what is next is killing me. At least with a time limit---you have hope that "ok--i'll know something by such and such date."

I mean right now, I have received this great job offer, I don't know if I should take it, if my fiance comes we need to move to a different state for his job and his job is supposed to start in Jan and I wouldn't want to change jobs now, I'd rather change when we move but if it isn't gonna happen, then I'd want to change jobs and move on to a better opportunity. So, how does one make such decisions? Just venting... thanks for reading! : )

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My bad day was Tuesday... Today is not so bad... I am hearing of some folks getting out of AP at our consulate and they do them all together... like a box sits collecting them until they start doing something on the box. The trick in the past couple of weeks has been someone going to the consulate face to face and inquiring... and on both times I know of in the past weeks the consulate said oh yeah.. your case is done... now we need a new medical... so i decided to have Thuy fly down to get a new medical to save time, but the hospital says they cant until the consulate provides us with a slip allowing it... so I cant see spending another 500 bucks this week to have her fly down only to be told go home we will let you know when we decide...

After the end of July I will go ahead and file the writ of mandumus.. they(DOS) ask us to wait 60 to 90 days before inquiring about cases in AP... DoS has indicated that our case has stayed at the consulate all year and nothing has been done in the US regarding our case since it left NVC... The consulate has specific guidelines when it comes to handling our application.. if it gets put on hold because of a namecheck.. (usually MENA's) then that changes things and a writ can be filed, but the DHS is allowed to take the needed time to do the investigation... the writ can make them act, but cant make a namecheck or additional international checks be done any faster...

The cases in AP at our consulate are mostly there because the USC was married before and the relationship with the VNC was not several years long at the time of petition filing... They think there is something shady about our case because we were both married when we met... how often does that happen in the states? everyday.. and nobody says hey you need to wait several months to get married because you were married when you met... since they think there may be a problem, but have no evidence, they just sit the case aside to see how much we make a stink about it.. if we dont complain then they think we are affraid or dont care... and then deny making up a lie for a reson to deny... When they see a writ filed they will know I am not playing around... It could take months and alot of $ for the court to do anything, but its better than waiting for someone at the consulate to do something at thier leisure...

I would not recommend spending the $ for a writ at this point for your case MQ.. they should have your file done in the next few months based on others before you...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Was it Chris? He's the only guy I've spoken to...the last time I got him he told me that my case was finished in Washington and that it was back at the embassy...I got very excited, thinking yay, I could be getting my visa soon. Approximately a fortnight passed and nothing, I called again and specifically asked, and they said no, it's still in Washington. I'm sorry, but I forgot who else on here he gave the impression that good news was around the corner, end of May, only for nothing to change :(

Yah there was someone who was told by chris to call back at the end of the month and the sound get very good news, but nothing. ugh. im tired of this realy. like if were doing this the legal way dont make it so hard on us.

oh yah it was lostinlove that was told that sorry :)

Edited by ♥Muslimqueen♥

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

My bad day was Tuesday... Today is not so bad... I am hearing of some folks getting out of AP at our consulate and they do them all together... like a box sits collecting them until they start doing something on the box. The trick in the past couple of weeks has been someone going to the consulate face to face and inquiring... and on both times I know of in the past weeks the consulate said oh yeah.. your case is done... now we need a new medical... so i decided to have Thuy fly down to get a new medical to save time, but the hospital says they cant until the consulate provides us with a slip allowing it... so I cant see spending another 500 bucks this week to have her fly down only to be told go home we will let you know when we decide...

After the end of July I will go ahead and file the writ of mandumus.. they(DOS) ask us to wait 60 to 90 days before inquiring about cases in AP... DoS has indicated that our case has stayed at the consulate all year and nothing has been done in the US regarding our case since it left NVC... The consulate has specific guidelines when it comes to handling our application.. if it gets put on hold because of a namecheck.. (usually MENA's) then that changes things and a writ can be filed, but the DHS is allowed to take the needed time to do the investigation... the writ can make them act, but cant make a namecheck or additional international checks be done any faster...

The cases in AP at our consulate are mostly there because the USC was married before and the relationship with the VNC was not several years long at the time of petition filing... They think there is something shady about our case because we were both married when we met... how often does that happen in the states? everyday.. and nobody says hey you need to wait several months to get married because you were married when you met... since they think there may be a problem, but have no evidence, they just sit the case aside to see how much we make a stink about it.. if we dont complain then they think we are affraid or dont care... and then deny making up a lie for a reson to deny... When they see a writ filed they will know I am not playing around... It could take months and alot of $ for the court to do anything, but its better than waiting for someone at the consulate to do something at thier leisure...

I would not recommend spending the $ for a writ at this point for your case MQ.. they should have your file done in the next few months based on others before you...

I mean i gusse all i can do i wait. what pisses me off is that there not timeframe i have no idea whats going on when it will be done. when i call the dos one days its at the embassy the next W.DC. and the last date stamp was march 26th. and when i email the embassy wanting to know what going on its the same thing copy and past answer. there must be some law for them to let us know what going on.

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

02-20-11

02-27-11

Timeline

no law requiring them to tell us anything.. they can actually hold national security against us as a reson for not telling us anything... this was said to me at the NVC level...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

no law requiring them to tell us anything.. they can actually hold national security against us as a reson for not telling us anything... this was said to me at the NVC level...

wow that so messed Up. so annoying. national security, they use that for eveything. ok check them out but common a couples months is enouch time.

02-20-11

02-27-11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I guess I am so calm now because I was like all of you searching searching trying to find a way to fix the unjust but there is nothing we can do but wait. They hold all ths cards and yes it sad but true we are at the CO mercy.

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

It sucks though i know all i can do is wait but its like they do it just to see what we will do like were some animal in a change.

At my husbands interview the the lady CO told him "ok give us your passport and youll get your visa in a couple of days" then another guy came and told her no you he wants to do AP. then the lady told my husband "I dont know why he want that, everything with you is 100% great, but dont worry 2 weeks max and youll have the visa" 3 months latter and nothing.

02-20-11

02-27-11

Timeline

yep misinformation sux.... and when governemnt employees lie... thats the worst... :angry:

wait just wait you know most of the battle is behind you when my case was sent back to USCIS I called DOS the lady said call every day by next week we your husband should have good news I did what she said after about a week another lady said mmmmmm you need to call your senator she wouldnt tell me why I got in touch with the Embassy and they said the case was sent back to USCIS I called DOS the same day and she said the case was sent back I called the next morning and a girl said your case is pending I asked her if the case was sent back she said no. I called later that same day a lady told me the case was sent back I told her what the girl had said and she said no I have the diplomatic pouch number and it is inroute to USCIS. So the moral of the story is when there is something eimportant they will let you know and yes the same ladies were very happy to tell me when my case was reaffirmed so hang in there your case will not show any thing they will share with you until the checks are over. I called yesterday and the lady said the last entry was May 14 when your case was received at the Embassy but she added even though there are no new data entered I can tell you case is actively being worked on. I found that late afternoon has the older more informative people working. Most of the older ladies worked there when they could give out information so they arent scared the younger ones like to say its pending. Be positive it will not be much longer

Wowwwwwwwwwwww, thats terrible. I hate that you have to go through all those ups and downs. its truly not fair at all. i really hope you hear good news soon, you deserve it, we all do. the thing that sucks the most is that we really can't do anything. I think that change in the immigration reform is so important. I mean like hellooooo, we're all U.S. citizens here and look at what we have to go through. We're seriously talking about our spouses and fiances, our other halves. I mean obviously, change isnt going to come easy especially when dealing with National Security, but what the hell im talking about just simple changes that could make our lives easier. Like even a phone call or email from the embassy or DOS or anyone twice a month letting us know what is going on with our case is helpful. Anything other than pending or AP is all we're asking for. Like I noticed that HotGuy posted again, and like when I was reading the posts and came across his case I was like wow bc his case took like 14 or 15 months to get done but he at least was called for a second interview and his fiance a field investigation. Like im stumped bc the embassy my husband had his interview at is like in LaLa land. Sorry if it seems like im complaining, its just frustrating even though i know all i can do is be patient. Oh, and btw I got the lady with the heavy accent too yesterday. shes the one who wasnt so helpful, i couldnt even catch her name. lol.

The heavy accent lady hung up on me. i spoke with the superviser but did not know her name and the superviser was not helpful eather. Ugh.

02-20-11

02-27-11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.