2,826 posts in this topic

What, I've never had DoS refuse to speak to me.. they ask for the case number and beneficiary's name and I give them my name, they don't even ask who I am. Kevin has never called them.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

What, I've never had DoS refuse to speak to me.. they ask for the case number and beneficiary's name and I give them my name, they don't even ask who I am. Kevin has never called them.

Careful...we might jinx ourselves!!

Edited by treehugger

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They always ask who I am and it should be a given since I clearly sound like a man... but they ask anyway.. others here have been denied the ability to talk to DoS as they are not USC..or at least that was what was said by the CSR...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

That's excellent news, Melody :D

Congrats Melody!!! Did you call the State Dept. to see what it shows on their system?

Thats great...Im glad someone is getting good news today....congrats..

ummmmm..... yall didnt scroll to the bottom of my mass hysteria... they told him to call back next week... just like they told him last week and the week before and the week before that :D I apologize if my humor wasnt funny... it was early in the morning for me

I am really curious about something though... when he called they could see the case is currently being reviewed<--this is what they told him... ('they' meaning the embassy)... When I call DoS and ask them about my case they tell me it is being reviewed, I ask where Washington and they say they cant tell me... I wonder why they can tell other ppl but they cant tell me... makes me think that our case is at the embassy still. Can one go on AP and not have all the typical "security checks"? After one is approved at the interview ( I was told so by the Lady that interviewed him) and no 221g or additonal relationship evidence needed... then... uuuuugh I think I have answered my own question... this is sooo freaking depressing

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

ummmmm..... yall didnt scroll to the bottom of my mass hysteria... they told him to call back next week... just like they told him last week and the week before and the week before that :D I apologize if my humor wasnt funny... it was early in the morning for me

I am really curious about something though... when he called they could see the case is currently being reviewed<--this is what they told him... ('they' meaning the embassy)... When I call DoS and ask them about my case they tell me it is being reviewed, I ask where Washington and they say they cant tell me... I wonder why they can tell other ppl but they cant tell me... makes me think that our case is at the embassy still. Can one go on AP and not have all the typical "security checks"? After one is approved at the interview ( I was told so by the Lady that interviewed him) and no 221g or additonal relationship evidence needed... then... uuuuugh I think I have answered my own question... this is sooo freaking depressing

Lol i got the joke but then everyone started saying congrats then i felt like i missunderstood it and it was real good news lol

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

Melody that's naughty!! The London embassy says we'll let you know when it's done, so if they told me to call/email next week I'd be verrrry pleased :lol:

Whenever I called DoS in the past and asked whether the case was in the US or London they wouldn't say. Actually, they'd say the case is still physically in London. However, the very first time I called DoS the lady said that they were still waiting for various agencies to respond, soooooo on one of my more recent calls I just asked whether it was still in Washington and whether the background checks were done - she said it still was, and ever since then they always confirm it's sill there.

Don't forget that I too, like your husband, was approved, given a pink slip, ie all done and dusted, and then found out I was in AP when my passport never arrived. I don't know if they do namechecks on the petitioner as well, does anyone know?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Melody that's naughty!! The London embassy says we'll let you know when it's done, so if they told me to call/email next week I'd be verrrry pleased :lol:

Whenever I called DoS in the past and asked whether the case was in the US or London they wouldn't say. Actually, they'd say the case is still physically in London. However, the very first time I called DoS the lady said that they were still waiting for various agencies to respond, soooooo on one of my more recent calls I just asked whether it was still in Washington and whether the background checks were done - she said it still was, and ever since then they always confirm it's sill there.

Don't forget that I too, like your husband, was approved, given a pink slip, ie all done and dusted, and then found out I was in AP when my passport never arrived. I don't know if they do namechecks on the petitioner as well, does anyone know?

:devil: I promise I wont play with yalls emotions anymore <atleast for awhile> It does get aggervating and gives us a little hope.. till the next week when I call and they tell me to call back next week!

Hey what was the pink slip for? My Hubby didnt get any kind of slip at the interview... they gave him a Welcome to America pamplet...

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Careful...we might jinx ourselves!!

When I called the Embassy today I asked if the benficiary could also call and requst info and they said, "yes, either one can call and request an update on case."

The case location: How they DoS has explained it to me, the case (your file) stays at the Embassy and checks/info requested is sent to washington DoS. Washington fwds it to other agencies---agencies do their checks---will let DoS know and DoS will fwd to the Embassy than it is up to the officer to give or not give visa.

The name check for the petitioner happens during the initially petition for K1 (atleast in my case--not sure of other visa classes). Our case extended the 5 month mark, I got 2 calls from the NVC before my case was sent there and they requested address/additional contact for my fiance. (This makes me confused---I wonder while our case was at USCIS if my they did a background check on him as well.)

http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress10/healy031010.htm (Recent congressional hearing on name checks).

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

Hey what was the pink slip for? My Hubby didnt get any kind of slip at the interview... they gave him a Welcome to America pamplet...

The pink slip is the magic slip signifying you're done, approved hip hip hoorah!! Although obviously it doesn't mean you'll be getting your visa in a few days, as we've found out :P

When I called the Embassy today I asked if the benficiary could also call and requst info and they said, "yes, either one can call and request an update on case."

The case location: How they DoS has explained it to me, the case (your file) stays at the Embassy and checks/info requested is sent to washington DoS. Washington fwds it to other agencies---agencies do their checks---will let DoS know and DoS will fwd to the Embassy than it is up to the officer to give or not give visa.

The name check for the petitioner happens during the initially petition for K1 (atleast in my case--not sure of other visa classes). Our case extended the 5 month mark, I got 2 calls from the NVC before my case was sent there and they requested address/additional contact for my fiance. (This makes me confused---I wonder while our case was at USCIS if my they did a background check on him as well.)

http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress10/healy031010.htm (Recent congressional hearing on name checks).

Thanks for asking, now we know :)

Yeah, I know the case is only physically sent back to the US if it has been denied, but whenever I asked where the AP was taking place I felt I was being fobbed off with 'the case is still in London'...it was only when I asked directly about DC checks that they confirmed it.

I'm thinking now, our case at USCIS took a little bit longer than others, but not significantly so. What was strange was that when it was transferred to NVC it took over a month for us to get a case number and get started there - I don't remember anyone else waiting more than a few days...however once all the bills were paid and forms sent in it was approved quite quickly. My husband and I both have quite common surnames which probably doesn't help, at whatever stage they do namechecks :)

Has anyone else noticed that on the MENA forum fewer males are going through AP? Are other regions/countries the same as usual?

I was the only AP-er on the UK forum, but there's a few more now.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Has anyone else noticed that on the MENA forum fewer males are going through AP? Are other regions/countries the same as usual?

Can you please point me to the MENA forum?

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

I'm still the only AP-er on the Canada forum, in like the history of the world. A few others were waiting for paperwork to go through but a lot of them got cleared up a week ago. They'd all been waiting longer than me though.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

There are actually 8 of Us going through AP in VN now...all women..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.