Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About Peot

  • Rank
    Gold Member
  • Member # 261489

Profile Information

  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    K-1 Visa
  • Place benefits filed at
    California Service Center
  • Local Office
    Dallas TX
  • Country

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Benefits received in a foreign country aren't considered. There's no practical way for the US government to track these benefits either way. Even a person's credit is completely separate from what they eventually obtain in the US. However, some time ago I read that if the US government does find out that the beneficiary is bankrupt, has debts or bad credit, or is on benefits, this may be scrutinized to ensure that they aren't fleeing their country due to having those financial obligations. That said, I've never once read a thread here of someone affected by it or concerned about it whatsoever. I suppose in that sense, it depends what the nature of the benefits were.
  2. The most important documents to bring actual copies of would be divorce / death certificates as copies don't prove their validity. You can usually obtain an authenticated copy with a raised stamp/seal on them for relatively cheap. All other documents can be copies unless the embassy requires different.
  3. If you can't get in touch with someone at the USCIS who knows anything, call your house rep / congressman and they will be able to obtain information on your behalf.
  4. At the application of the I-129f all of the documents are photocopies. The interview would be the time they typically ask for originals to confirm their existence. These aren't always required, but can be - exactly as you state. Most of the time a copy is just fine, but sometimes they need to confirm the evidence hasn't been manufactured, and this often happens at the interview. The originals should always be on hand just in case for this exact scenario but to be clear, a copy is what everyone should submit with their forms. As a rule of thumb, bring 1 original and 1 copy to the interview. You can find instructions for this on this forum and around the Internet.
  5. It's not quite as simple as "current income", because without sufficient evidence to prove your co-sponsor really does make the income they claim they do, it may be declined. If you put a value there, be sure to show how this value makes sense. This is why submitting enough evidence of self employed income is so important. Profit / Loss statement, earnings statement, accountants letter, and of course those tax documents. Another good idea would be to go to the bank and get a letter from the manager showing the business bank account balance over the course of the current year (12 months). This isn't to use the balance as an asset, but to show that the income is consistent. If this is managed by a CPA, they would provide that letter.
  6. Here is the technical instructions for Panel Physicians offering vaccinations for immigration as listed by the CDC. The table shows required vaccinations and what is required by age. The panel physician will determine your need in addition to any you get ahead of time at the time of your visit. In addition, some vaccines can be waived by the panel physician. https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/vaccination-panel-technical-instructions.html#tbl1
  7. 1. It's on a case-by-case basis. You need to prove that if you are without the EAD you would suffer "Severe financial loss to a company or person". This can often be shown in the form of debts, bank account in arrears or overdrawn, if one of you has lost their job or suddenly undertakes a financial burden (medical, funeral, loss not covered by insurance). Having a salaried position, a bank account in the black, and a savings account might be evidence against the urgency, but again it's all subject to interpretation on a case-by-case basis by the USCIS. If they need more evidence, they'll send an RFE. 2. It's not required to speak to your congressman to file the application. Usually when the application for expedition has exceeded 90 days or there's been zero to no correspondence and people get nervous about the status they reach out to their local government. This often happens if the financial loss (or other reason for expedition) is immediate or has already occurred and the application needs to be processed as soon as possible. Many people submit the entire expedition request through their congressman which is an option available to you. 3. If you're asking whether or not you should be truthful in your correspondence with the USCIS, you know what the answer will be. The flexible job offer will again be a negative towards proving "financial loss" since the job offer isn't going to disappear without the expedition. 4. Though the cover letter mentions there will be a financial burden, a job offer doesn't show this. The burden of proof is on you to show that via bank statements, letters from creditors, invoices, etc. You would still need to provide the job offer, but it's not going to prove your burden very well.
  8. Have you been mailing them or emailing them? Why not call them and speak to a supervisor directly? You could get things answered in an hour as opposed to several days of waiting on correspondence. Don't trust them to tell you that your current card has been cancelled - things like that "get lost in the mail" all the time, or they assume you were aware. Call and find out what your situation is - it's far too important to wait for the communications team to sift through your letter.
  9. I agree with @missileman in this case - they usually hold the most recent tax year (2018 in this case) with a lot more weight than any of the past tax years. In fact, I remember ONLY including the most recent tax year with my documents. If she met 125% in 2018, that's great, and that's all you need! If she doesn't meet that in 2019 - you're not including those documents since that tax year hasn't ended yet. For those mentioning assets - I'm sure the business has SOME liquid assets, however it needs to meet 3x the minimum in value (some sources say 5x), and the documentation couldn't come from a first-party, it would need to come from a bank, accountant, or verifiable third-party source. The people working at consulates / embassy aren't accountants and need to be able to verify it with a glance, otherwise expect long administrative processing, a 221g, or denial. It's MUCH easier to use a tax return. When I needed a co-sponsor I hit up all of my family and friends living in the US - it can be a bit embarrassing to ask for someone to put their trust in you, and it's a huge level of trust required, but I would look at other options if I were you. Don't feel bad about asking the people you love about supporting your journey!
  10. A house is NOT a liquid asset. If you want to qualify on liquid assets (like savings), it needs to meet 3x the minimum income requirement (though some say it needs to be as much as 5x this amount). You will need to find a co-sponsor with 125% the poverty requirement in the previous taxation year. Time to hit up friends and family.
  11. The only time you worry is if you receive a 221g. If they took your passport and said he would " try to process it tomorrow", that sounds good to me. Note that it can take a lot longer than a couple days to process, and it's actually not common to get the approval immediately.
  12. This. At my consulate they only needed to see that the previous tax year met 125%. No other documents were looked at. Some consulates only look for 100%. Costa Rica may have a similar policy, or may be more strict. You need to learn what the consulate typically wants to see. If your current years taxes will show 125% that's fine, but proving that on paper before taxes are filed would be difficult without other supporting documents.
  13. Hahaha! I'm sure you'll be fine. THEY know who you are. Just really inconvenient to have to track it the way you are. Would be nice if you knew the secret to finding your name in the system. I'd be interested to know what they say!
  14. Well to give you a bit of background, both me and my wife have records, and know for a fact that both my father and brother have land-crossing records as well. Again, for me I always need to combine my first and middle name as my "first name", and it won't show up anything otherwise. It might be something very strange like that. Interestingly, when I went to get my SSN originally the agent had trouble finding me in the system. I told him to use "first middle" as my first name like it shows on the I94 and it showed up for him. The SSN registration info was based on the I94 record. Another bit of info - there are records on my I94 from land crossings BEFORE I ever had a passport. These were still somehow connected to my current passport number. Maybe based on driver's license? I'm unsure of that part!
  15. Very strange! It's based on name and number, and I know (for example) my first and middle name HAVE to be included together. It might be fickle. The CBP have a site on what to do if no records show up - https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1696/~/what-to-do-if-your-i-94-is-not-found-online
  • Create New...