jawi876

K1 Visa No AOS filed but emergency travel required

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance' and I will be getting married next week (9/9/09)...unfortunately, I do not have the funds to apply for AOS ($1,010) at this point. His daughter is having some problems with her heart, which has him worried to death. Can we file for emergency Advanced Parole without filing AOS? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Jawi

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My fiance' and I will be getting married next week (9/9/09)...unfortunately, I do not have the funds to apply for AOS ($1,010) at this point. His daughter is having some problems with her heart, which has him worried to death. Can we file for emergency Advanced Parole without filing AOS? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Jawi

hey jawi girl..im sorry to hear this.. i pray u are able to find out some good news about the baby and the AP (F)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

You will have to make an infopass appointment online for your local office to see if this will be possible.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

To apply for Emergency AP - make an infopass appointment and have the I-131 ready (with evidence of the emergency; letter from daughter's doctor should do).

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
To apply for Emergency AP - make an infopass appointment and have the I-131 ready (with evidence of the emergency; letter from daughter's doctor should do).

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

Thanks for the replies...what if we are unable to get the letter from the doctor? His daughter's mother is not the most reliable and stable person. I think it is a ruse on her part (we already knew about her heart condition) to get him to come back. But, we would rather err on the side of caution instead of getting a call that he was too late and his daughter needed him.

Do I pay the fee at the Infopass appointment?

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Thanks for the replies...what if we are unable to get the letter from the doctor? His daughter's mother is not the most reliable and stable person. I think it is a ruse on her part (we already knew about her heart condition) to get him to come back. But, we would rather err on the side of caution instead of getting a call that he was too late and his daughter needed him.

Do I pay the fee at the Infopass appointment?

Infopass is no charge - but do note, they will ask for proof of the emergency.

Its a difficult position to be in - I might suggest contacting the daughter's physician yourself to verify the condition and if it is valid, have him/her send you the needed note/letter directly.

You do not want to put yourselves in jeopardy of having to start the visa process over, nor (obviously) to feel helpless half an ocean away from a family member in an emergency situation.

unfortunately, I do not have the funds to apply for AOS ($1,010) at this point.

No AOS (I-485) filed, no basis for AP... no basis for AP I would expect no emergency AP

Not sure how I missed this part of your posts - best advice is to do whatever it takes to put together the money for the fee (borrow, etc) - you could try for a Fee Waiver but that takes time.

In the mean time, I'd figure out if this medical condition is/is-not something the mother has made up.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, but they take time and you have to have very strong proof of financial harships.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Isn't there some sort of fee waivers that people can apply for ?

Yes, but you can't waiver the fee for AOS.

Sounds right.... Since financial supportability from a sponsor is an intrinsic part of the qualification for greencard... it seems contrary to allow a fee waiver...

YMMV

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh Jawi, I am so sorry to hear - Unfortunately, I don't think you can get AP without filing for AOS - is there anyone in A's family you can trust to get the info you need? Prayers are with you my dear friend!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
No AOS (I-485) filed, no basis for AP... no basis for AP I would expect no emergency AP

You would need somehow to get the Consulate to re validate the K1, or start again.

Presumably a co sponsor must have been involved?

No AOS no EAD no job.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

You would need somehow to get the Consulate to re validate the K1, or start again.

Presumably a co sponsor must have been involved?

No AOS no EAD no job.

You cannot apply for AP without having filed for AOS :(

Wish I could offer something more....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.