moondancer627

Mom faces deportation over 98 false claim

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Myrna ####### crossed over the border in 98 andwas found by border agents. She sopposedly told officials she was attempting to enter the country illegally. The government says when agents took her fingerprints she told them her name was Ivette Treviso-Frias( which she denies) and said she was an American.

Six years later, the government reinstated the old deportation order under Treviso-Frias name to take Myrna into custody.

Myrna now lives in suburbia with her American husband and 17 month old baby.

In 2004 the government tried to deport Myrna on the claim but she was pregnant and a federal judge ruled that since her unborn baby was already an American citizen he could not be deported, therefore neither could she.

But in Feb, immigration officials reissued their claims giving the right to bar Myrna from the US for life, separating her from her husband and baby.

The families case is attracting the attention of legislators who says it symbolizes the contradictions of the broken US immigration system.

The eighth circuit will hear the #######'s appeal next month, if it fails there it could go to the US Supreme court. Several legislators are considering a waiver that would grant some immigrants who made false claims of citizenship the right to stay in the country.

What do you think? Debate, no mud slinging!!!

Moondancer

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o she certainly has been busy

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How can an unborn baby be a Citizen?

Can you get a passport for a foetus?

Does it have to be concieved in the US and if so how do you prove that, especially if you entered illegally.

So Manhatten?, baby Beckham, think I have the name right, is a USC?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

I think this kind of gave that part away - assuming that the hubby and daddy are one and the same or that the daddy, at least, is a USC:

Myrna now lives in suburbia with her American husband and 17 month old baby.

A baby born to an American parent, no matter where, has a claim to US citizenship. ;)

Edited by ET-US2004

Filed: Timeline

Can you get a passport for a foetus?

Does it have to be concieved in the US and if so how do you prove that, especially if you entered illegally.

So Manhatten?, baby Beckham, think I have the name right, is a USC?

took the words right outta my mouth!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Let her stay in the USA but put her in Jail for 6 months for Lying to a Federal Agent.

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Only now they say "Hey, you aren´t who you said you were?"

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ya gotta wonder sometimes!!! :no:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wonder if some young US Atterney is trying to buck for a higher position or get into politics? this is just a way he is puffing up himself to show he is best for the job. He has to pick on small cases to show his Man hood.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

This sounds fishy. Who is she? And how come she first claims to be a Canadian, trying to enter the US illegally, and a few hours later an American? And aren't all Americans fingerprinted, so that it would be hard to claim to be someone one isn't? Does that mean that any of us could walk up to the border and say we're not who we claim to be, but some American and then enter without any proof? Seems somewhat simplistic if immigrations and customs fell for that, doesn't it? So even if the story is true (which I doubt), who is to blame, Mrs. ####### or the officer falling for her fraudulent story????

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
This sounds fishy. Who is she? And how come she first claims to be a Canadian, trying to enter the US illegally, and a few hours later an American? And aren't all Americans fingerprinted, so that it would be hard to claim to be someone one isn't? Does that mean that any of us could walk up to the border and say we're not who we claim to be, but some American and then enter without any proof? Seems somewhat simplistic if immigrations and customs fell for that, doesn't it? So even if the story is true (which I doubt), who is to blame, Mrs. ####### or the officer falling for her fraudulent story????

Not all Americans are fingerprinted.

If you are a natural born USC and you have no reason to be fingerprinted (I.E. never been arrested, never worked for the government, never worked in daycare or education, never worked in the legal sector ((like for a PI or a security company)) ) Then you will have never been fingerprinted.

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

January 6, 2005 i-601 waiver approved!!!!

January 21, 2005 VISA IN HAND

February 12, 2005 WEDDING!!!!!

March 10, 2005 mailed AOS and EAD applications to Chicago

April 18, 2005 EAD and AOS receipt dates for NOA

June 30, 2005 AOS RFE evidence submitted (translated birth certificate)

August 10, 2005 ---EAD approved via infopass appointment

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

April 3, 2006 - Received welcome to America letter in the mail!

April 8, 2006 - Received GC in the mail - done for 2 years!!!!

March 1, 2008 - mailed off I-751

March 3, 2008 NSC delivery confirmation

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

March 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

Not all Americans are fingerprinted.

...yet. Isn't that one of those items that opponents of national, biometric ID's are aftraid of?

yeap..and it will happen ..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

it doesn't bother me. my fingerprints are on file... I used to teach and now I work for a PI.

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

January 6, 2005 i-601 waiver approved!!!!

January 21, 2005 VISA IN HAND

February 12, 2005 WEDDING!!!!!

March 10, 2005 mailed AOS and EAD applications to Chicago

April 18, 2005 EAD and AOS receipt dates for NOA

June 30, 2005 AOS RFE evidence submitted (translated birth certificate)

August 10, 2005 ---EAD approved via infopass appointment

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

April 3, 2006 - Received welcome to America letter in the mail!

April 8, 2006 - Received GC in the mail - done for 2 years!!!!

March 1, 2008 - mailed off I-751

March 3, 2008 NSC delivery confirmation

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

March 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.