moondancer627

Mom faces deportation over 98 false claim

34 posts in this topic

it doesn't bother me. my fingerprints are on file... I used to teach and now I work for a PI.

i was in the miltary..and worked for the dept of corrections..they are there

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

ok, first of all, is she getting deported because she claimed to be "american"?...was it her name that she gave??

Second of all, once shes a citizen, its hard for her to be deported, as a permanent resident yes. Citizen, well, different story.

Worse things have been done by immigrants and they still get the right to stay in teh country.

Oct 29th 2004 -Met online
Oct 29th -First phone call
Dec 25th -She purposed and i said Yes!
May 10th I-130 Packet and Packet 3 sent off to me by the U.S. Consulate
May 16th -Received Packets 1-3 from the U.S. consulate
June 29th -I arrived in Puerto-Rico!
July 2nd -Married in Mayaguez, Puerto-Rico and also got our interview date for September 6th
August 17th -We arrived in Australia to file for Sep. 6th
September 6th - Filed DCF in Sydney and approved 1 hour later!
September 12 -Received my passport with the visa and yellow packet
November 24th -POE.......Guam,USA
December 12, 2005-Green Card arrived in the mail
September 11, 2007 -Filed I-751 on conditions
September 17 -VSC Receives my I-751 and issues NOA1
Oct 10 -Had biometrics taken in San Juan, Puerto Rico ASC
Oct 12 -Touched.
Aug 21, 2008 -Approved!...........finally
Sep 17, 2008 -Mailed off N-400
Oct 22, 2008 -Biometrics taken in San Juan ASC
Feb 12, 2009 -N-400 Interview
Feb 26, 2009 -Oath.....the end.

....................................*What we do in this life will have an echo in the life to come*...............................

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Her citizenship can be revoked if it's demonstrated that she committed fraud during the immigration process. But it sounds like she doesn't have citizenship.

And who cares if she's a mom? Mothers can be criminals too. They can all move to Mexico (or wherever) if they want to keep the family together.

signature here

I am so glad to see this story dredged up from APRIL. :wacko: I find this story completely scary and am familiar with it. The CBP is presenting the *fact* that she misrepresented. The problem with that claim is they cannot prove it. A few months ago Ewok posted a similar story and it amounted to they can literally state that you said this or that, and not be held liable for it. She had been going through immigration for years after coming here as a child, and is now barred for life due to a statement an officer made that is unrecorded, and not able to be proved.

Does that not scare anyone??? Does this punishment fit the SUPPOSED crime? ANd how does it factor in that the CPB officer cannot prove their claims????

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Seems to me that this is something that could have been cleared up a long time ago! Since when did the USCIS just take somebodys word for something. "So you say you are a US citizen? Show me the paperwork to prove it!" Easy! Done! Did I miss something? :huh:

AOS

05/26/05: Sent I-485/I-130 & I-765 to Chicago lockbox.

05/27/05: Paperwork received by Douglas!

06/17/05: Check hit bank account.

06/20/05: All 3 NOA's rec'vd! TG!

08/02/05: Biometrics , New Orleans. Pretty uneventful.

08/09/05: EAD Approved!

07/12/06: ......still.........waiting.........

09/26/06: Case Status says interview has been canceled............What interview????

10/23/06: Interview finally scheduled for 12/14/06.

12/14/06: AOS approval pending renewal of Biometrics....Waiting on appt. for ASC!

Will this ever end????

01/17/07: Biometrics scheduled.

02/03/07: Everything complete at our end! Apparently my case file is under somebodys wobbly table leg.

02/27/07: Approval notice finally received by e-mail.....only 641 days!! 1 yr 9 mths!

My little angel, Rachel Erin...born 02/15/07

IM000979.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

I'm with you, Lal. It sounds pretty scary to me.

On a related note, let me don my flame-retardant suit and make the following point:

One of the reasons people want to get into this country is because of the potential of a "better life". A primary reason for the high standard of living in this country is our practice of exporting unfair labor practices (eg, child labor, etc....) and environmental degradation (eg, manufacturing, etc...) to countries with less stringent protections. Which makes those countries into places people want to "escape" from. It's OK... they can absorb our hazardous waste, and their young children can sew our athletic gear, as long as they stay where they are and keep quiet.

I believe in my heart that we will not have peace on this planet until wealth is distributed more equitably, and I certainly don't blame illegal immigrants for wanting a better life for themselves and their families. We are part of the reason they can't get that in their home countries. Somewhere between what we do (poorly regulated capitalism), and communism (which I do not advocate), there is a middle ground which involves closer regulation of our own military-industrial complex. Capitalism with a friggin' conscience, if you will. Let's go there.

Ker-plop! Ouch! Just fell off my soapbox...

Well, y'all go back to drinking your coffee now... http://www.globalexchange.org/campaigns/fa.../coffeeFAQ.html

Maya

Edited by maya62

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Seems to me that this is something that could have been cleared up a long time ago! Since when did the USCIS just take somebodys word for something. "So you say you are a US citizen? Show me the paperwork to prove it!" Easy! Done! Did I miss something? :huh:

making a claim that you are a US citizen when you are not is a serious offense with stiff penalties. I will give you an example: Many of us have seen a few times over on this forum where the immigrant spouse has received a voting card. THIS is also misrepresentation of the same kind! The office issuing the voting registration is accepting this as if you are saying you are a citizen with a right to vote. It does not matter if the form is confusing and that little *box* accidentially gets checked, its misrepresenting US citizenship.

sound silly?? maybe, but its very serious.

Edited by lal_brandow

Timeline

Oh no, I get how serious an offence it is to falsely claim citizenship. The point I was making was that proving or disproving citizenship is a easy as showing a birth certificate, not that it wasn't a big deal that she did falsely claim it. Does a USC not have to prove citizenship when crossing borders from Canada or Mexico? She claimed citizenship at a point of entry apparently after returning from a funeral in Mexico. If it was that easy for her to tick a box and walk on through, why do the rest of them climb fences?

AOS

09/26/06: Case Status says interview has been canceled............What interview????

12/14/06: AOS approval pending renewal of Biometrics....Waiting on appt. for ASC!

Will this ever end????

02/03/07: Everything complete at our end! Apparently my case file is under somebodys wobbly table leg.

02/27/07: Approval notice finally received by e-mail.....only 641 days!! 1 yr 9 mths!

IM000979.jpg

Timeline

Lol, pretty much Rebecca, yeah! I guess It's making perfect sense in my mush-for-brains! To try another way, it seems pretty incredible for the government to say "well she told us she was a USC and we believed her!" Surely she would have needed something to back up her claim. It took them years to catch up with her. I read in another article that she made this claim while entering the country. It can't be that easy to enter as just claiming to be a citizen.

Lol, maybe I am missing something, but in my head she is walking through security and a border agent says "Ma'am are you a citizen?" She says "yeah, sure!" He replies "Well then, come on in and welcome home!"

I dunno....I'm very pregnant and confused! :wacko::lol:

AOS

Will this ever end????

IM000979.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Lol, pretty much Rebecca, yeah! I guess It's making perfect sense in my mush-for-brains! To try another way, it seems pretty incredible for the government to say "well she told us she was a USC and we believed her!" Surely she would have needed something to back up her claim. It took them years to catch up with her. I read in another article that she made this claim while entering the country. It can't be that easy to enter as just claiming to be a citizen.

Lol, maybe I am missing something, but in my head she is walking through security and a border agent says "Ma'am are you a citizen?" She says "yeah, sure!" He replies "Well then, come on in and welcome home!"

I dunno....I'm very pregnant and confused! :wacko::lol:

What are you talking about.. that was precisely how it was done at land borders until 9/11... An oral declaration of citizenship was good enough.. if there were doubts, that's when INS would ask for evidence to back it up.. It is now considered not conducive to security, so now it is required...

No one asks for proof of one's US CItizenship when they register to vote... an oral declaration is considered good enough... but a misrepresentation of one's US Citizenship is a serious offense..

I would have no problem if one was required to provide evidence of one's US CItizenship when one registered to vote...

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Timeline

Well excuse my ignorance....I'm not American, I've never crossed a land border here and I wasn't here before 9/11. But thanks for clearing that up for me! Now I do feel stupid.

If that's the case, then shame on the border agents/government/whomever is responsible.....Seems retarded for them to run around years later crying that someone lied to them to gain illegal entry. Who'd have thought!!! It's not like illegal immigration is a new phenomenon that has only surfaced since 9/11.....I dunno, I just think they would have thought of it sooner!

AOS

Will this ever end????

IM000979.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Well excuse my ignorance....I'm not American, I've never crossed a land border here and I wasn't here before 9/11. But thanks for clearing that up for me! Now I do feel stupid.

If that's the case, then shame on the border agents/government/whomever is responsible.....Seems retarded for them to run around years later crying that someone lied to them to gain illegal entry. Who'd have thought!!! It's not like illegal immigration is a new phenomenon that has only surfaced since 9/11.....I dunno, I just think they would have thought of it sooner!

Chuckle.. sometime I forget the point of view that others have... I've been around land borders all my life so I forget that sometimes...

I agree.. they should have thought of it sooner...

People should remember that if the entry was illegal, then everything based upon that is also invalid.. I'm afraid to say that what is described here is not all that unusual in a lot of ways.... and can take place decades after the illegal event too place..

We are still deporting those who participated in the holocaust who have been US Citizens for more than 50 years... but during their entry they were asked about any ties to the Nazi regime and lied about it...In some cases even their children were being deported as well because their citizenship was gained from their parent... people who had been living in the US since infancy...

Is it right.. I don't know... but the law is the law...

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**