yassmine2878

Black Friday

53 posts in this topic

BNDRed_23rd.jpg

I'm planning on staying home, eating leftover turkey, and just spending time with family. :yes:

i'll be collecting leaves in the yard :thumbs:

no, sadly sanita wants a 6 foot nylon fence on the front yard side..be doing that

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't done it yet.

Last year hubby got very interested in one item that Best Buy was advertising. He thought he'd get up early in the morning and check it out. He got to Best Buy at 5am and the line was wrapped around the parking lot. He talked to people there and found out that those in front of the line have been there since 10pm the night before :wacko:

Hubby came home re-affirmed in his belief that Black Friday is not the day to be out shopping. :lol:

Edited by eau_xplain

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Haven't yet, and won't ever! Sounds too treacherous to me!! LOL

This year I have the joy of working retail on that day........*whimper*

Oh, dear.......me too. Be safe!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Haven't done it yet.

Last year hubby got very interested in one item that Best Buy was advertising. He thought he'd get up early in the morning and check it out. He got to Best Buy at 5am and the line was wrapped around the parking lot. He talked to people there and found out that those in front of the line have been there since 10pm the night before :wacko:

Hubby came home re-affirmed in his belief that Black Friday is not the day to be out shopping. :lol:

LOL...at some point you have to draw the line between trying to get a good deal and insanity. :yes:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Pardon my ignorance (yes, I'm American, but not a very good consumer) but I don't understand this Black Friday thing.

Do people really get such good deals? Like what? And why do they go insane on this day? Why in God's name would I want to get up before dawn to fight with people over things to buy?

I really don't get it.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Pardon my ignorance (yes, I'm American, but not a very good consumer) but I don't understand this Black Friday thing.

Do people really get such good deals? Like what? And why do they go insane on this day? Why in God's name would I want to get up before dawn to fight with people over things to buy?

I really don't get it.

It's really driven by the merchants who are all salivating for your money. I heard on the news the other day that there are more Malls today than ever before and they keeping building them.

I was kind of hoping that internet sales would gradually overtake traditional purchasing.

Gary went last year and he bought a best deal HDTV and thought its worth to get there..I wanna try to go and see! :dance::dance: I am excited to know and see about this black Friday madness! :dance:

I hope I don't get separate with Gary..don't know how he find me in the sea of people. :D

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

i go every year :) ill go until i cant get around without an oxygen tank and stretcher :P

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
BNDRed_23rd.jpg

I'm planning on staying home, eating leftover turkey, and just spending time with family. :yes:

oh how sweet youll be on VJ :D

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

I really don't get it.

I have seen one or two good deals, yes. But it depends on where you shop and how much you're willing to put up with. Is it worth standing in line for hours just to save $200 on a telly when you already have one? Not in my opinion. But some folks thrive on the sale and the thrill of the hunt. Some enjoy stepping on the lifeless bodies of their fellow shoppers.

I prefer the day after Christmas sale at Walmart. Its a little crowded, but only on certain aisles. And all the seasonal merchandise is 50% off. I stock up on wrapping paper, lights, ornaments, bath sets etc.

I hope I don't get separate with Gary..don't know how he find me in the sea of people. :D

Wear a whip antenna. That's how we always found my dad's little car in the parking lot :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

www.bfads.net

In case you're wondering what sales will be going on during that horrible day.

As for me, the Mrs. and I'll be hitting the beach.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gary went last year and he bought a best deal HDTV and thought its worth to get there..I wanna try to go and see! :dance::dance: I am excited to know and see about this black Friday madness! :dance:

Carry a flare you can set off, Luz. He'll find you :whistle:

I really don't get it.

Sometimes it seems like there is one great deal at the store and they have like 3 of them for sale. After that, it's madness for nothing.

Part of what I think makes it popular is that a lot of people get those 2 days off for Thanksgiving.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

We planned on doing it last year but we were too lazy. We got big screen TV but we did it online - free delivery and did not have to spend cold night outside. Most of items would be same price - at the store or online except for some limited quantities items.

This year, we were planning to get TV for the bedroom. But husband's dad got us small LCD TV for our Christmas - he got it cheap where he works. So I guess we would not go out again this year.

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went with my mom and sister last year bacuse it has always been a tradition, but this year my mom is out of town, and my sister may have to work, and my husband has to work. So if I go shopping it will be later in the day or that weekend. We are actually going to try to do most of our Christmas shopping this weekend.

Last year on Thanksgiving my whole family went to see a movie (another tradition), and when we left the theatre at about 1:00 p.m. there were people camped outside of Best Buy. I thought why in the world would anyone waste their Thanksgiving sitting outside of Best Buy in tents.

((Success))