BabyBouncer

Oh God I need advice

67 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Because you are not capable of forgiving doesn't mean that she isn't. You seem to generalize a lot about divorce and women and men; we're really not all interchangeable.

Never said she is incapable. Said she needs to take time and let the wave of emotions settle and honestly ask herself if she is able to forgive and re-forge the marriage relationship.

Also she needs to remember few things in life feel as awful as something like this and that regardless of which way she decides to go she'll probably end up happier in the end.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I dont know if I will ever be able to trust him like I did before, but I do know that if I had walked away last night I would have ended my life before the night was over.

Also, please, please don't think about drastic stuff like this. If thoughts like this cross your mind you need to purge them. Call family, friends, or support lines, but never think that a relationship problem, even a hard one like this, is worth tossing away your life.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Agreed

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Also, I don't buy the ####### about it is ok to cry in front of your woman, except in situations like death, severe illness, maybe weddings, and in a situation like this where she doesn't know if he is crying for their relationship, for her, or because he feels sorry for himself the woman is going to lose respect.

Well I think you are wrong about this. But if you prefer hiding your feelings in front of your woman, it´s your choice.

(F)(F)(F)(F)(F) Girl you have dealt with the bad situation so well. Fingers crossed for you I hope your future will bring you lotsa happyness again. Your husband lost it but from what I read looks like he is genuinely sorry and will work his butt off to gain your trust and respect back. Sometimes it´s really worth saving a relationship, sometimes it´s not. But that´s for you to know. I can´t give you an advice since I don´t know you two. I can give you support though and wish you good luck with everything. And...it´s never worth giving your life up. (F)(F)(F)(F)(F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You have behaved admirably during all of this. Your husband sounds like he is honestly contrite and indeed does want to stay married to you. People do make mistakes - it sounds like he has realized just how big of a mistake this is and how expensive it could become. He knows how much you mean to him. If it were me I would be willing to try and learn to trust him again, to let him earn my trust back. If people were unable to learn from their mistakes we would all of us be the same people all the time, without growth, without change, without maturity. There would be no hope - ever. But people do learn, they do grow and they do mature. So, hold on to the hope.

I have two very good friends who went through something like this early on in their marriage. She let him re-earn her trust. He never forgot her compassion. Their marriage is one of the strongest and happiest I have ever known. He knows the full value of her worth and adores her completely. There is no way he would ever put any of that at risk again. I hope your husband and you will find yourself in this same sort of rock-solid marriage. There is a good saying - that which does not break us, makes us stronger. Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It is "her conditions" removal, not his.

Brave girl!!! Well done!

Not only does he have to deal with the shame and guilt resurfacing, but the lose of his wife and his marriage, the lose of his citizenship and everything they have built over the past several years.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

First of all a Big thanks and hugs to you all for helping me find the strength to deal with this situation.

Now an update.

Well I am still sleeping in the guest room (my choice) as I feel I just need a bit of space from a place that was so special for me.

We went to see the councilor tonight, my husband had set it all up and had explained why he wanted to attend. The lady we met with was very nice and very reassuring. We met with her together to begin with and I let my husband tell her what had happened to bring us to see her. she listened but did not comment until he had finished telling her. She then asked to speak to me alone, I could see my husband was a bit alarmed at that but she told him she needed to find out from me how I felt and exactly how I was copping with the situation. so he left to wait in the waiting room.

She asked me to tell her what I had discovered and when and then the sequence of events from then. so I told her what I found and that I had gone to work and spent the day thinking about what I wanted to do. I also told her about VJ and that I had posted here asking for advice. we talked a bit about the visa journey that I have made and how things are working out for me in my new country. we also spent some time talking about finding out I had cancer and how we as a couple have coped with that and knowing that we do not know how long I have left to live. all we know is that everything is dormant right now. but it will return.

I told her about the file I made with the emails and the photos and that all I did was lay it in front of him unopened and said I would like him to explain the contents to me. she said that I had handled the situation very well and had not started out with anger and rage.

She than asked my husband to return to us. she told him what we had talked about and said that she wanted to talk to him alone so I left and went to the waiting room. When I was called back in I could see that my husband was upset and had been crying. She told me that they had talked about the contents of the file I had left for him to look at, and one of the things that he had expected was for me to shout and yell at him. that he knew that because I was so calm and quite he had really hurt me. he felt if I had been angry and upset then he could have been angry and he would have felt he had the right to defend what he had done. but knowing how hurt I was made him realize he was at real risk of loosing me.

She ended our meeting there and we are to continue next time. she has also given my husband so work to do at home, she wants him to list the feelings he got from talking to this woman on the internet and what did he tell himself to make him think that it was ok to behave like this.

Again thanks for being there when I needed someone.

First of all a Big thanks and hugs to you all for helping me find the strength to deal with this situation.

Now an update.

Well I am still sleeping in the guest room (my choice) as I feel I just need a bit of space from a place that was so special for me.

We went to see the councilor tonight, my husband had set it all up and had explained why he wanted to attend. The lady we met with was very nice and very reassuring. We met with her together to begin with and I let my husband tell her what had happened to bring us to see her. she listened but did not comment until he had finished telling her. She then asked to speak to me alone, I could see my husband was a bit alarmed at that but she told him she needed to find out from me how I felt and exactly how I was copping with the situation. so he left to wait in the waiting room.

She asked me to tell her what I had discovered and when and then the sequence of events from then. so I told her what I found and that I had gone to work and spent the day thinking about what I wanted to do. I also told her about VJ and that I had posted here asking for advice. we talked a bit about the visa journey that I have made and how things are working out for me in my new country. we also spent some time talking about finding out I had cancer and how we as a couple have coped with that and knowing that we do not know how long I have left to live. all we know is that everything is dormant right now. but it will return.

I told her about the file I made with the emails and the photos and that all I did was lay it in front of him unopened and said I would like him to explain the contents to me. she said that I had handled the situation very well and had not started out with anger and rage.

She than asked my husband to return to us. she told him what we had talked about and said that she wanted to talk to him alone so I left and went to the waiting room. When I was called back in I could see that my husband was upset and had been crying. She told me that they had talked about the contents of the file I had left for him to look at, and one of the things that he had expected was for me to shout and yell at him. that he knew that because I was so calm and quite he had really hurt me. he felt if I had been angry and upset then he could have been angry and he would have felt he had the right to defend what he had done. but knowing how hurt I was made him realize he was at real risk of loosing me.

She ended our meeting there and we are to continue next time. she has also given my husband so work to do at home, she wants him to list the feelings he got from talking to this woman on the internet and what did he tell himself to make him think that it was ok to behave like this.

Again thanks for being there when I needed someone.

Thinking of you (L) I'm sure this is a painful process but I commend you for trying to slowly work through the pain. You obviously love your husband very much and I'm sure he loves you, let's hope he can slowly begin to earn back your trust and figure out why he did the things he did.

Best of luck.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline

Best wishes to whatever you decide to do. It is your life and I am happy to hear you are seeking outside advice and counseling. You'll know in your heart what you truly want and regardless of which direction you pursue it will be the right one for your particular situation.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

You are being very mature and brave, I admire you for it. whatever happens down the road I think counseling is a great step, whether it leads you to working it out or it leads you to ending the relationship its a very healthy way to go about it.

good luck and stay strong.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck to the both of you - from the sounds of it here, I think you will have the strength and commitment to make it. It also sounds like you have a sensible and sensitive counsellor who will do your marriage a lot of good. We're rooting for you!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck! I admire you SO much. I know that there are many couples who would just call it quits after something like this and not even try to make it work. It's clear that you love your husband very much and that he loves you too. I wish you both all the best!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I havent read every post...but...

To me exchanging ANYTHING with a member of the opposite sex that should stay within a marriage is infidelity. Be it secrets shared, sexual talk, flirting, nude photos. Anything that would HURT your other half is infidelity to the relationship. What you must do is decide if you love him enough to learn to trust him again. Once you've decided that..you need to lay down your boundaries.

1. Explain what will happen if this ever happens again

2. Get rid of all individual net accounts and create ONLY joint ones with shared passwords

3. Learn how to track his movement online

3. Agree to surf the web ONLY together

4. Get rid of net all together

5. Find out why he felt he was lacking to make him want to do this

These are just suggestions. My SO and I have agreed to limited net, with ONE account..Skype ..for him to call home. Once together, we have no need for messengers, my space, email accounts. We share our passwords now. Not that we'd invade privacy, but it does give a feeling of accountability.

I truely hope you and him feel this marriage is worth the time and investment to save. Sexual indescretions are serious, and painful. But they dont need to be the end either. Something made him do this.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.