jonkam

Fiance Disapeared !!

346 posts in this topic

If you know where she is the police wouldn't consider it a missing person. If you file a missing person fraudulently you could be prosecuted. I think your best bet is to report this to ICE and then go about your life as usual. Good luck to you sir :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
If you know where she is the police wouldn't consider it a missing person. If you file a missing person fraudulently you could be prosecuted. I think your best bet is to report this to ICE and then go about your life as usual. Good luck to you sir :thumbs:

He does not Know where she is....

Ice would not be interested in the woman she is not illegal... still within her 90 days....

Kez

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is it possible to access your home phone records online? We know she went to Arizona to visit Sarah, so therefore she isn't missing. They may have told you she left for texas so you would stop calling. Right now the family is busy with the funeral. It is a little premature at this time to suspect another man. Whatever her reason for leaving, I think after the smoke clears you will get a call or email with an explanation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Pardon if I'm missing something, but I'm not really getting the reason not to file a missing person report. It doesn't mean that she is going to be arrested, and it's not like it is irrevocable. Plenty of people file those reports and call the cops back a few hours or days later to say "Oops! He/she was OK," and life goes on. And for those who had run away, unless they are underage (or mentally ill, etc) all the cops do is check that the person was not abducted or otherwise victimized. They can't bring someone back against her will unless she was underage (i.e, child runaways) which I certainly assume isn't the case here.

The OP's fiancee is gone and he doesn't know what happened. That's a good reason for a report. If she calls him and tells him what happened, or even just calls him to say she's alright, then he can cancel the report and deal accordingly with ICE. Certainly he should notify them if she has in fact left him (since it's then fraud if she stays) or if it gets closer to 90 days. As has been said by others here, all ICE cares about right now is that she came in legally and has about 75 days remaining in the states before the situation changes.

Some people say I'm easily distracted, but that's not... Hey! A squirrel!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I had legit questions. And people have been very helpful. I do not want to scare anyone with a horror story and the like. We all know that i am not the first to experience a situation like this. i wish now that I had been a little more wary. I think many of us, before we started the journey, looked for stories like this. I certainly did. I think experiences like mine and others can only serve to educate future applicants. I hope no one starts to treat their SO's with a "guilty until proven innocent" attitude.

Yeah after reading about experiences like this, it does make you think twice and i try very hard to not act with the guilty until proven innocent attitude. I do love my guy but I know that loving someone from so far away does come with many precautions.

Just maybe, if i took off the blinders, I could have avoided the situation. I am not here to preach to anyone and hope everyone has a successful relationship.

There is no sure fire way of protecting yourself from something like this because when a person earns your trust, they have you in vulnerable position but this the chance we all take when it comes into falling in love. You are handling this quite well, Jonkam and I am so sorry that this woman did you wrong. Someday when this all behind you and this issue is long gone, you will find someone who can appreciate you for all that you have to offer. I do not know if you will ever get the "closure" that you need from fiance but I would try your best not to an explanation either and even if you do get to have that conversation with her, I think you may not even hear an explanation that is good enough to ease your pain. What she is did is terrible thing and while you are feeling an all time low right now, i think you were saved because her actions told of her true intentions before you both said your I do's. Take care, Jon (L)

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

Timeline

Although you know or knew she was in Arizona I would still go to the police department and explain all this to them so there is documentation. You may need this documentation down the road when it's time to notify immigration because you are legally responsible for her. You'll need to protect yourself. There was one case where the sponsor filed a missing persons report and found out his fiancee claimed he abused her. You don't think she is well versed with the immigration process but she may be playing dumb. She sounds pretty clever to me.

He suspects she's in Arizona. He doesn't know that, and it's one of three locations he has been told she might be. He's not going to get prosecuted for fraud if he says 'My wife disappeared while I was at work, her family out of the country says she's in Arizona or Texas but I'm really worried about her.'

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline

He suspects she's in Arizona. He doesn't know that, and it's one of three locations he has been told she might be. He's not going to get prosecuted for fraud if he says 'My wife disappeared while I was at work, her family out of the country says she's in Arizona or Texas but I'm really worried about her.'

Exactly, better he reports this so all bases are covered.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Exactly. Jasman's right if the OP were filing a report simply to harass someone, but it's pretty clear that this would not be considered a frivolous report.

Some people say I'm easily distracted, but that's not... Hey! A squirrel!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I don't want to stereo type anyone and say " oh it was because she was Brasilian" She was actually very different from the couple of Brasilians girls I have met here before at clubs. She is not from Rio or Sao Paulo, but from the interior part of the country. Girls there seemed a little more conservative, The times I was there. If there are any people from Rio or SP I'm not trying to offend. She did not drink or smoke, she was conservative. She would always go to church on Sunday and she prayed twice a day. The fact that she was a " church girl" makes it more difficult. How can she justify doing this. Maybe she thinks saying five hail marry's and ten Our father's will make it okay.

Actually, there is no difference in Rio girls, São Paulo girls and countryside girls when it comes to statistics of ilegaly going to US. And don't put stereotypes in girls from Rio and São Paulo 'cus it is indeed offensive. There are all types of people everywhere, be it in Brazil or elsewhere in the world.

If this girl really simply scammed you, she planned it and the whole church going conservative girl doesn't matter. Ilegals can be religious, or she could even be putting a show for you.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline
It is understandble that some people may not believe me and be skeptical because I wish to remain undercover. If someone were a detective they could probably deduce about who I am from posts.

already done. and he's legit, folks.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

He does not Know where she is....

Ice would not be interested in the woman she is not illegal... still within her 90 days....

Kez

Sorry, thought he said she was in Arizona.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
It is understandble that some people may not believe me and be skeptical because I wish to remain undercover. If someone were a detective they could probably deduce about who I am from posts.

Yeah, there were already enough details and things the OP said to make a check possible and to find out the poster, but I respect his privacy and understand his desire to remain semi-anonymous.

If he was a member here for over a year this is also the first place I would go to seek advice and help from people who understand the situation and how it would feel if this happened to them.

Timeline

I should consider a change of career :P

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.