jonkam

Fiance Disapeared !!

346 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

First let me say this is a great site.

I am not sure where to start. I got a K-1 VISA for my fiance. She was approved. She arrived a over week ago and we spent some time together. Things were going good. She seemed happy. Looking back now, there were a few things that were odd. The day I went back to work, she dissapeared. I ended up calling an elderly friend a few days later. ( She lives a couple of thousand miles from me) First, i talked briefly with her son. He said she was there, but he took her to the bus station because she was going to Texas. I called back later and talked to her friend. She said, she wanted to return home because her mother was ill. Her mother is sick and has been for a long time. I waited a day and called her house. I , sort of talked, with the brother, his English is bad. What i got from the conversation is that she was still with her friend in Arizona. Let me add, the first time i called the brother, he hung up on me. I kept calling and calling till he picked up again. Her elderly friend and her son also seemed deceptive on the phone.

I have a feeling she is with another man. I'll try not to be vulgar, but what has led me to this conclusion is that she did a few things in the bedroom that she has never done. I was the first man she was ever with, intimately, so i know it was not something she learned before meeting me. There were some other, non-bedroom things that seemed strange. i was blind at the time because I was so happy we were together again.

If there is another man can she marry him with the VISA I got her? I don't think she could. If she applied for a marriage license, would it show up that the man also applying is not me?

What is my next move?

I have been e-mailing her, but she has not responded. I feel pathetic, but I wanted to talk with her before I took any legal action. We have known each other for a couple of years and it is difficult to switch emotions from love to revenge and hate. I can't think of a good excuse for what she did, but I would like to hear her reason. Not knowing anything makes the situation much worse. And also the fact that people are lying to me.

What does a person in my position do?

Which agency do I contact? Local Offices or National? Are there forms I have to fill out?

Please any information and advise you can give me would help. jon....

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me say this is a great site.

I am not sure where to start. I got a K-1 VISA for my fiance. She was approved. She arrived a over week ago and we spent some time together. Things were going good. She seemed happy. Looking back now, there were a few things that were odd. The day I went back to work, she dissapeared. I ended up calling an elderly friend a few days later. ( She lives a couple of thousand miles from me) First, i talked briefly with her son. He said she was there, but he took her to the bus station because she was going to Texas. I called back later and talked to her friend. She said, she wanted to return home because her mother was ill. Her mother is sick and has been for a long time. I waited a day and called her house. I , sort of talked, with the brother, his English is bad. What i got from the conversation is that she was still with her friend in Arizona. Let me add, the first time i called the brother, he hung up on me. I kept calling and calling till he picked up again. Her elderly friend and her son also seemed deceptive on the phone.

I have a feeling she is with another man. I'll try not to be vulgar, but what has led me to this conclusion is that she did a few things in the bedroom that she has never done. I was the first man she was ever with, intimately, so i know it was not something she learned before meeting me. There were some other, non-bedroom things that seemed strange. i was blind at the time because I was so happy we were together again.

If there is another man can she marry him with the VISA I got her? I don't think she could. If she applied for a marriage license, would it show up that the man also applying is not me?

What is my next move?

I have been e-mailing her, but she has not responded. I feel pathetic, but I wanted to talk with her before I took any legal action. We have known each other for a couple of years and it is difficult to switch emotions from love to revenge and hate. I can't think of a good excuse for what she did, but I would like to hear her reason. Not knowing anything makes the situation much worse. And also the fact that people are lying to me.

What does a person in my position do?

Which agency do I contact? Local Offices or National? Are there forms I have to fill out?

Please any information and advise you can give me would help. jon....

She cannot file for AOS with a marriage to someone else, only to you. (Unless she can prove abuse.) So that means, when her 90 days runs out, she has to go home. If she doesn't, you can contact Immigration and Customs Enforcement and tell them everything you know.

keTiiDCjGVo

I am so sorry to hear this has happened to you.... I would make an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office and go and explain to them what has happened.... they will be reasure you that she will not be able to do AOS if she is with someone else and when her 90 days are up she will be out of status...

You need to protect yourself in all of this... and understand that it is her how has done things wrong not you...

Kez

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

whoa I'm confused...she came here on a k-1 for the purpose of marrying you and she lives a few thousand miles away from you? Do you mean in the US? This is very confusing for me to follow but good luck!

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

whoa I'm confused...she came here on a k-1 for the purpose of marrying you and she lives a few thousand miles away from you? Do you mean in the US? This is very confusing for me to follow but good luck!

No, sorry for the confusion. Her elderly friend lives far away. So she must have caught a flight to go see her.

Sorry if my post is a little confusing. My mind is not all there as of late. Hope you can understand.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Yugoslavia
Timeline

WOW!!! Unbelievable!!! Just try to hang in there and don't do anything without thinking about it like a million times because you don't want to do anything that will hurt you. Remember you shouldn't do anything for revenge because you in the long run won't feel good about it! But she is not allowed to marry anyone else but you! Once her 90 days have pasted she is required to return home! Does not mean she will. If she treated you this way I doubt she will follow the law!!

Just try to remain positive, look at the bright side at least you didn't take that huge step in marrying her! Right?

Man people like her give just mess up the whole process for good people that are trying to bring their loved ones over!!!

But again, just hang in there! Everything will work itself out. It may seem like the end of the world but it's not!!!

I am so sorry to hear this has happened to you.... I would make an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office and go and explain to them what has happened.... they will be reasure you that she will not be able to do AOS if she is with someone else and when her 90 days are up she will be out of status...

You need to protect yourself in all of this... and understand that it is her how has done things wrong not you...

Kez

I have to agree, it really sounds like you were scammed. What is her nationality?

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm naturally suspicious. The OP joined today and has no history. I'm not saying the story is false, but if the fiancee is that deceptive to carry out a plan like this, what purpose would it be to come to the US?

If she has another man here, why not have him file a K1? If the other guy is not a US citizen and she fooled the OP into such a twisted situation, what good is it to be in the US as an illegal? You can't do anything without a false identity and have to live a lie of a life.

I had a distant uncle who brought in a woman from China. She stayed with him for 3 years, got naturalized, then divorced him and she brought her old boyfriend from China over to the US. Now that is a long range, sick, and messed up plan right there.

My point is if deception is the main goal the person is better off marrying, getting naturalized, then divorcing you legally for 1/2 your finances. Sure they have to live with you for a few years, but that is the ultimate scam and places them in a great position after fooling the person.

I apologize if the OP is truly in that situation. I wouldn't be my right mind either, however if somehow I got duped to that extent I would find this person and have them deported.

I'm naturally suspicious. The OP joined today and has no history. I'm not saying the story is false, but if the fiancee is that deceptive to carry out a plan like this, what purpose would it be to come to the US?

If she has another man here, why not have him file a K1? If the other guy is not a US citizen and she fooled the OP into such a twisted situation, what good is it to be in the US as an illegal? You can't do anything without a false identity and have to live a lie of a life.

I had a distant uncle who brought in a woman from China. She stayed with him for 3 years, got naturalized, then divorced him and she brought her old boyfriend from China over to the US. Now that is a long range, sick, and messed up plan right there.

My point is if deception is the main goal the person is better off marrying, getting naturalized, then divorcing you legally for 1/2 your finances. Sure they have to live with you for a few years, but that is the ultimate scam and places them in a great position after fooling the person.

I apologize if the OP is truly in that situation. I wouldn't be my right mind either, however if somehow I got duped to that extent I would find this person and have them deported.

The OP could very well be a troll! There have been several stories of deception posted here I truly dislike dishonest and deceitful people.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The OP could very well be a troll! There have been several stories of deception posted here I truly dislike dishonest and deceitful people.

As my previous comment explained, to start judging the OP (and with added troll accusations) does nothing to enhance this thread. Therefore I will request again that we keep to the topic at hand and give the OP the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks.

This whole thing came out of nowhere. Since this happened, i have been trying to search for clues from the past that were indicators that maybe this was coming. There have been things in the past which she did or said which struck me as odd. In every relationship there are things which our partners do which seem strange. i think a problem I have is that I am too nice and trusting.

Someone mentioned abuse. I remember reading how a guy was in our situation was falsly accussed of abuse by a spouse. I am worried about this. I have never been abusive to her or any woman.

I understand that there is a 90 day expiration. If I report her now will this get revolked. She technically has around 80 days. If I report her NOW will it automatically go into the computers that she is illegal or will she have the 80 days until she is considered illegal.

I have never been married so I not sure how it works, paperwork etc.

Is there a chance, if there is another man, that they could apply for a licence and get married?

What happens when a person applies for a licence to get married using a K-1? Will they check that the names of the beneficiary match with the petitioner, before they issue a licence?

Sorry if my questions are confusing. My brain hasn't been working lately. Thanks, Jon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm so sorry you have to deal with something like this, jonkam; it sounds like a complete nightmare :(

...now, I'm pretty naive and trusting by nature, so what I'm about to say may be ludicrous, but -

are you ABSOLUTELY SURE this is as it seems, and that this is the end of your relationship? could she have gotten cold feet? could there have been a misunderstanding somewhere, or a missed communication, or someone's English was poor, or SOMETHING? because I'd hate to think you acted on something that ended up not being true... and while the odds look pretty steeply stacked against things being ok right now, I think it would be worth trying to find that out, if you haven't already...

of course, you may be 100% sure, and just not sharing all the details (which is absolutely fine of course :) ), so if so, please disregard the above, except for the sympathy :blush:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

As my previous comment explained, to start judging the OP (and with added troll accusations) does nothing to enhance this thread. Therefore I will request again that we keep to the topic at hand and give the OP the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks.

To answer you all. Yes I have joined today under this name. I have been an active member here for a year.

I have some history here. I hope you can understand that i am actually very embarassed by my situation. I suppose some of you are naturally suspicious, I think my problem is that I am not this type of person and thus in this position.

This whole thing came out of nowhere. Since this happened, i have been trying to search for clues from the past that were indicators that maybe this was coming. There have been things in the past which she did or said which struck me as odd. In every relationship there are things which our partners do which seem strange. i think a problem I have is that I am too nice and trusting.

Someone mentioned abuse. I remember reading how a guy was in our situation was falsly accussed of abuse by a spouse. I am worried about this. I have never been abusive to her or any woman.

I understand that there is a 90 day expiration. If I report her now will this get revolked. She technically has around 80 days. If I report her NOW will it automatically go into the computers that she is illegal or will she have the 80 days until she is considered illegal.

I have never been married so I not sure how it works, paperwork etc.

Is there a chance, if there is another man, that they could apply for a licence and get married?

What happens when a person applies for a licence to get married using a K-1? Will they check that the names of the beneficiary match with the petitioner, before they issue a licence?

Sorry if my questions are confusing. My brain hasn't been working lately. Thanks, Jon

She could get married to someone else, but she would not be allowed to stay and adjust status. At the bottom of this thread, is the number for ICE. Give them all the information you have, including where she might be staying.

keTiiDCjGVo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.