jonkam

Fiance Disapeared !!

346 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
If she was really a scam and has been planning this for a long time, why wouldn't she at least stick around until she has a conditional green card?

Disappearing after not even two weeks without getting married doesn't leave her any options but be illegal after a while - why would somebody who desperate wants to live in the US do that?

Sounds more like a panic attack or cold feet to me.

She knew nothing of what we had to do after she arrived. I never mentioned anything about aos and everything which comes next. In her mind we get the VISA, we get married and live happily ever after.

If she knew about everything, i think it would be more likely to marry me, wait and then take half. Thank god that never happened.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, it took me a while to read all 17 pages of what happened! Jon, I feel for you, and must commend you on your ability to keep your cool without loosing it. If it were me, I'd be trying to hunt her down, to get to the bottom of the truth. If I knew the tel # to the lady in AZ, I'd trace it and be in front of her house for the opportunity to talk with her, thinking the SO is there. (Yes, I know I'm crazy)

While on one of the back pages, it struck me as odd, the story about your experience with her actions post-interview. Her mom was so sick, but yet took an almost week trip to Rio with her? Like there was no phone anywhere to call & say "I'm approved, by the way going to a hospital." If my husband did that during the fiance days I don't know what I would have done, either freaked out that something happened or definitely thought of some alternative plan being brewed up. But you cant change what happened.

I truly wish that she does at least contact you. Just so you get some well deserved closure on this. It must be super hard to go from saying "I love you" one day to thinking hating thoughts the next. I'm not going to speculate like others on why it happened. Just know that its better it was day 10, than year 3. You deserve better, and look at the bright side, she has put herself into one heck of an immigration mess now... no matter what path she chooses in her future.

Good luck, and continue to be positive! (F)

If I was D. TRUMP I would be hunting her down. Most of us have finacial limitations. I have the lady's address, She lives VERY far from me so going there would not be as simple as driving down the block.

If her husband didn't just die, I would have pressed her further originally and would have called back again.

Bothering a woman who JUST lost her husband of 40 years would be bad form.

Jonkam,

I am writing to you in hopes to ease your worry and offer some comfort in your situation. I too was a victim of a simular situation. Let me describe what happened to me before I offer my first hand knowledge of situations like this. But also keep in mind this happened to me 8 years ago, so things may have changed both legally and operationally.

In 2000, I met a Ukrainian woman on the internet. I traveled to Ukraine and we fell in love. After about a year, I brought her over on a K-1 visa. She was very very impatient to keep the ball moving. We married within 30 days. Within 3 months of her arrival she aquired everything. She got credit, a car financed, a job, SS#, drivers license, etc... And then she had no further use for me and abandoned me.

I felt greatly betrayed and felt she deserved to be deported, but mostly I wanted to make sure my good name was not marred as being part of something that was seemingly fraudulant. I contacted the INS and they told me there was nothing I could do. It would be between her and an immigration court to determine her fate. They also said that I would not be held accountable for this sham as long as I was not tryign to actively abuse the system. i.e. filing for another K-1 within the next few years.

After a couple months she came back. My hurt and anger had cooled and I decided to take a moral high ground. Excuses and explainations we offered and accepted, but I insisted we divorce and after another year of helping her get on her feet, we went our separate ways.

I honestly believe we went into this with good intentions. However, a part of me will always feel like I was used. That being said, the greater truth is she was not the woman for me. That greater truth is what you need to realize also, my friend. This woman is not the woman you will spend the golden days of your life with. This woman is a perfect storm in your heart at the moment, a storm to turn your soul black as thunderclouds. But you will find the one woman that is a constant series of showers that with make the grass of your soul grow green.

There is happy endings to stories like these. I swore I would NEVER EVER go through a K1 visa process again. Yet, 8 years later, a friend introduced me to a woman in Vietnam. I decided I would persue this relationship without the emotional baggage of my past and I have be dealt a massive head wound by cupid's arrow. I find myself in the K1 process again despite my horrible first experience. Of course, the entire circumstances are different this time. I am older and wiser. And she is honest and patient. I feel the experience I got from that bad situation has helped me find the relationship that is my series of showers.

Your experiences sound much worse than what I am currntly experiencing. Thank god you pulled through. I wish you luck with your new SO.

as many others i read the whole thread and im so sorry for you. i admire your strength. did you already have a date set for the wedding? was any of her family coming over? i wish you all the best and i hope you will have closure soon.

x

No date and no family from me or her.

I only planned on having a few friends. That is one positve thing. What if we had a date and I had this huge wedding planned with a hall, caterers, band, etc, and this happened. I hate to even think about it.

Honestly? There might not be another guy, from what I know of my country and it's issues, and from what you've been saying, here and in your posts before this happened, she was REALLY trying to get to the US, and I believe she just wanted to go there, to work, to make money to send home. She tried other visa types and was denied, so she saw the opportunity with a K1, and she's obviously not in it for a GC, as she's fled as soon as she got here, I guess she wanted a way to get to US but defenitly not get married. It seems she doesn't mind working ilegally or staying ilegally.

Yes I got that she really wanted to go to the U.S. The two proir VISA applications stemmed from offres from Sarah and her dececed husband ROY.

As far as working, she has never really had a job. That kind of shocked me. Most people in the U.S. work, men and women, a lot of times because both have to so they can get by. I'm not sure what the culture is in brasil about women and working. I don't know what the statistics are. I thought 2 things. it's her culture or damn she is lazy.

I offered her choices we decided to move forward. I said she could go to school, work or just take care of the house.

She told me she just wanted to be a housewife and have kids. I said, that's fine.

She comes from a family of limited resources. Her brother is the sole breadwinner.

I feel like a idiot (now) cause I used to send money each month so she could do or buy some nice things. She never did ask me for anything, but after we decided to move forward, I just started doing it on my own.

I even offered to continue to help her mother financially after we were married. When I would visit , her mother was always very nice to me.

Jonkam, how old is she?

I think it would be best to call the cops and file her missing. She is missing. Can you prove for example that you talked to the elderly lady and she said that she saw her and her that day? Ok, you have the phone bill to show the call but how can you prove the conversation?

You seem like a good guy. Why you are not good to yourself but only with strangers? Protect your back, man...you only have yourself and whatever you can PROVE.

One more thing....DO go to that lady in Arizona...bring flowers if you have to but explain to Sarah(or whatever her name is) that you are looking for your fiancee. Her husband is dead...wether you're paing a visit or not, bothering Sarah or not, she can not feel any worse that she already feels. So what if you go there? Tell her you were passing by and secided to offer condoleances...or whatever. I think your fiancee might be there bc those people she knows and you know that they are REAL. The boyfriend thing is not REAL...just pure speculation. Don't torture yourself clouding your mind...follow what you know and what you have. THOSE are the real clues.

But DO call the police. What exactly is your reasoning for not doing so? Understand she IS missing.

good luck to you...and don't despair...there are still good girls left out there. Make sure she is MATURE before she is Christian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Step 1: Report her missing to the police.

You haven't seen her. You only got verbal report from someone who said he saw her (how do you know he's honest about what is going on). You don't know what she is doing or who she is with. If something bad happens to her, YOU will be the first suspect. Cover your butt.

I think some of the responses are totally patronizing and/or uncalled for.

OP, I'm sorry for your situation. But try not to take the 'troll' thing too personal....I think people need to justify bad news away as bullsh!t so it doesn't upset them.

disagree.....over-generalization are usual false sister lisa.

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

To the OP,

Do the right thing, and hire a competent private investigator, to gather the detailed intel you seek.

From this, you will have the facts you need to proceed.

Best of luck.

As others have already said, your fiancee IS missing. You do not have her exact whereabouts, all you have is 3 different stories on her possible location. That certainly sounds like missing to me. I would also not take 3 people's words, especially people that are more aligned to your fiance than to you, at their word on your fiancee's current location. They are close to her so would, potentially, be willing to lie for her because they think they are protecting her.

Be careful. Cover yourself first... file the missing persons report and then go from there. I truly hope that "losing face" is not stopping you from filing that report (I can't see any other logic to stop you from filing it). It might be embarassing to explain this situation to a police officer but, for your own security, you should do it.

The private detective is something to consider, someone impartial that can follow the clues without letting emotions get in the way.

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

With all these posts urging Jon to file a police and/or ICE report to protect himself against false claims of abuse, I am wondering:

Even if she were to claim that he abused her in some way, without having married, nevermind filing for AOS, could she possibly stay and adjust based on that claim of abuse?? I thought they would've had to at least get married...

Curious...

I'm in the camp of those who urge filing a report because if something happens to her, the authorities will come looking for her SO first.

I'm glad to hear you are getting your appetite back, Jon. I agree it's a good sign.

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

With all these posts urging Jon to file a police and/or ICE report to protect himself against false claims of abuse, I am wondering:

Even if she were to claim that he abused her in some way, without having married, nevermind filing for AOS, could she possibly stay and adjust based on that claim of abuse?? I thought they would've had to at least get married...

Curious...

I'm in the camp of those who urge filing a report because if something happens to her, the authorities will come looking for her SO first.

I'm glad to hear you are getting your appetite back, Jon. I agree it's a good sign.

Maya

Yes VAWA requires that the alien be a relative.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Curious...

Maya

Having been there only 10 days, assuming she didn't report any abuse and wasn't treated for any injuries, i suspect that authorities would be highly skeptical of claims of abuse or violence.

And the other hand, if she turns up unjured or worse after she left, it would be wise for the OP to cover his a$$.

Honestly, from what the OP has told us, i suspect that she doesn't know too much about how US immigration works (or doesn't care), just used him to enter the US, and will be in for some surprizes when she tries to live here illegally.

I kind of like the private investigator idea. Though it would cost a few bucks, it would help to put this case to rest and make it easier for jonkam to pick up the pieces and get on with his life.

Edited by garya505

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.