lvjeremylv

Green card timeline?

14 posts in this topic

My wife landed here in the States on March 20th and so far no green card has been sent. Does anyone know how long it's taking? And is there a way we can check on the status of it? Better yet, does anyone know who we can call to speak to someone about it? 

Thanks!

It can take up to 90 days. She should have received that info when she received her passport back with the visa in it. Was the immigrant fee paid? 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

4 minutes ago, Daphne . said:

It can take up to 90 days. She should have received that info when she received her passport back with the visa in it. Was the immigrant fee paid? 

The $220? Yes, we paid that about a month before we entered the US.

We don't remember getting any information about it when her passport was returned to her. Do you know if it's information that we can find online? 

Mostly I'm just worried that something is wrong. If it's in process and it just takes a while that's fair enough, but we like to panic 😂 

Is the same true of the SSN? That it can take 90 days?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Our timeline looked like:

paid for green card before Dec, 2023

Entered USA on Dec 30th, 2023
SSN received on Jan 9, 2024
Green card received on Feb 3, 2024

if the SSN card takes more then 14 days,  recommend you go to a local SSN office and request a SSN.

15 hours ago, lvjeremylv said:

The $220? Yes, we paid that about a month before we entered the US.

There’s a receipt number attached to that payment, starts with IOE… search that receipt number at USCIS Case Status check page. It should tell you if the card has been issue and sent, or still in processing. 

If it was sent but you didn’t receive it, wife should have an USCIS online account, to file I-90. No fees needed. 

For SSN, head to nearest SS office and inform them the card was not received, please send a new one. They will ask you to countercheck some information, whereby the SSN is listed, so you will know the number immediately, while waiting for new card to arrive. 

I’m in same boat a few months ago. Hope this helps. 

So my wife rang the SS office today, and they told her that there's no record of her having applied for a SSN. Where did we go wrong? 😭 

4 hours ago, lvjeremylv said:

So my wife rang the SS office today, and they told her that there's no record of her having applied for a SSN. Where did we go wrong? 😭 

Did she not tick the box on the I-130? If not then she’ll have to apply in person. 

7 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Did she not tick the box on the I-130? If not then she’ll have to apply in person. 

It was a year and a half ago so I wouldn't swear to it, but I'm sure we did tick the box to have it issued. I guess I can pull up the PDF and look?

5 minutes ago, lvjeremylv said:

It was a year and a half ago so I wouldn't swear to it, but I'm sure we did tick the box to have it issued. I guess I can pull up the PDF and look?

I just pulled up the I-130 PDF and there's no question anywhere on there about a social security card. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can someone direct me to the page it would be? Or would it have been after the I-130, during the NVC portion of the process?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, lvjeremylv said:

I just pulled up the I-130 PDF and there's no question anywhere on there about a social security card. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can someone direct me to the page it would be? Or would it have been after the I-130, during the NVC portion of the process?

The box to tick is on the DS260 at the NVC stage.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, lvjeremylv said:

It's not a big deal if you didn't tick the box on the DS-260.  Fill out the application and have her take her passport with her endorsed visa to the SSA office and apply.  She'll get it within about 10 days.  

Sign up for USPS Informed Delivery.  If you watch her MyUSCIS account and see the greencard status change to card is being printed, you will probably see the envelope turn up in your Informed Delivery before the information is updated in MyUSCIS to say the card has been mailed.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

On 4/30/2024 at 10:46 PM, lvjeremylv said:

Sorry, my bad - I meant the DS-260!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.