EDDY_PRADO

CASE SENT BACK TO USCIS AT THE INTERVIEW

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, EDDY_PRADO said:

Already filled an inquiry on USCIS and NCV, also Freedom Info act request on both, need to know the root cause to see if is even fixable

USCIS will eventually tell you that the case has expired.

NVC?

Just ask your Fiancee.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

The typo/error /missing letter in I-129F is not the issue, so do not put focus on it. 
The DOB question at reception is odd …almost as if they had a second profile for her. 

What were the word for word questions she was asked during the interview? 

Did she ever apply for a visitor visa before?

Is her son over 18? 

5 minutes ago, EDDY_PRADO said:

Already filled an inquiry on USCIS and NCV, also Freedom Info act request on both, need to know the root cause to see if is even fixable

4 minutes ago, EDDY_PRADO said:

Chat to your partner again. ask her what questions was she asked? 
Has she ever been to the U.S.? Has she been petitioned by someone else before? how did you meet? 
Getting married and filing spousal visa is your best bet for success… and then of course a lot of continued time together… 

1 hour ago, EDDY_PRADO said:

You can also FOIA the DOS ( dept of state)…for any /all visa records. 
Reach out to Congressional Liason and see if they can get some response  on the  reasons behind CDJs decision to seek revocation.

You can keep a steady email inquiry w CDJ , in case they respond .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
19 hours ago, Family said:

You can also FOIA the DOS ( dept of state)…for any /all visa records. 
Reach out to Congressional Liason and see if they can get some response  on the  reasons behind CDJs decision to seek revocation.

You can keep a steady email inquiry w CDJ , in case they respond .

Thanks for all your support, I'm more calm now after talking to everyone and after having a conversation to the fiance We got nothing to worry about, we can summit anything they need since this is a really strong case and the best part real with supporting evidence.

Having a hard time finding cases on herw or the forums related to k1 visas sent back to at least know the expected outcome.

We fillee a k1 because back then USTED to be the quickest way to get her here, otherwise would have be a Spousal application visa since 1 day.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You should probe deeply and ask your fiancée to recall every question asked and every answer given.

As others say, don't bother fighting this denial, and strongly consider marrying and filing the I-130.

Rather than use a sloppy abogado again, consider Platinum Immigration Services (see "Ask A Pro ==> VJ Partners" at top of any VisaJourney page).  They're thorough and never make mistakes.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Moderation note:  Attachment in first post showed personal information (names), so it has been removed from this VERY public forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
21 minutes ago, EDDY_PRADO said:

Thanks for all your support, I'm more calm now after talking to everyone and after having a conversation to the fiance We got nothing to worry about, we can summit anything they need since this is a really strong case and the best part real with supporting evidence.

Having a hard time finding cases on herw or the forums related to k1 visas sent back to at least know the expected outcome.

We fillee a k1 because back then USTED to be the quickest way to get her here, otherwise would have be a Spousal application visa since 1 day.

I am not sure you have read the replies, they do not need anything.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I know what usted is in Spanish-but not as an Immigration term

Timeline
9 hours ago, Boiler said:

I know what usted is in Spanish-but not as an Immigration term

Meant used to be quicker, when we got engaged a person we know got her k1 visa in 8 months vs the 12-14 the Spousal visa was going to take.

Big mistake covid got worse on top ot that the first lawyer we hired sit on our application 7 months without doing a thing or sending it to USCIS at all.

Got my money back and went to another lawyer she filled right way the same week

Already asked my fiance all the details and she doesn't recalled being asked for evidencuat the day she dropped the documents neither at the interview.

The question asked was the usual

Who is requesting you?

Where he lives?

How did you meet?

What are the wedding plans?

Documents asked at the interview was

My birth certificate long form, she gave it to them

Her birth certificate

The birth certificate of her son.

After that she says the cónsul waa looking a the computer for a long time then someone else got involved and give her that paper with the 221g and the only check box marked is the

Your case will be returned to USCIS for further revieu.

On 4/14/2024 at 2:10 PM, EDDY_PRADO said:

@EDDY_PRADO has your fiance ever tried to go to the US before the K1 petition? Were either of you married before?

You should really talk to her again about what happened but hopefully just spending more time together, marrying, and filing another petition should solve the issue. If it is a bigger issue, marriage and filing another petition isn't the solution and you might have to move to her. 

Here are some cases of K1 sent back. You can read about through the experiences and see if anything resonates with you. Do any of the cases seem similar?

The final case I've linked involves a couple who had their K1 denied twice and were finally successful with the spousal visa. So, don't waste time filing another K1. 

Final Case here: 

Timeline

I have seen no end of K1s sent back, perhaps we need a sub forum?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Redro said:

@EDDY_PRADO has your fiance ever tried to go to the US before the K1 petition? Were either of you married before?

You should really talk to her again about what happened but hopefully just spending more time together, marrying, and filing another petition should solve the issue. If it is a bigger issue, marriage and filing another petition isn't the solution and you might have to move to her. 

Here are some cases of K1 sent back. You can read about through the experiences and see if anything resonates with you. Do any of the cases seem similar?

The final case I've linked involves a couple who had their K1 denied twice and were finally successful with the spousal visa. So, don't waste time filing another K1. 

Final Case here: 

As one who has had two K1s denied, and Redro linking my posts, I wish so much that we did not waste time filing another K1 and just got married to file a CR1 back in 2019. The time spent apart was just not worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFTER DOZENS OF EMAILS AND CALLS TO MANY DIFFERENT OFFICES, USCIS, EMBASSY,  AND EVEN OUR STATE SENATORS

THANK TO GOD AND SOMEONE WHO TOUCHED HIS/HER HEART AND GAVE US A "HAND" ( WE DONT KNOW WHO HELPED US AFTER SO MANY EMAILS) 

WE GOT A CALL FRIDAY TO LET US KNOW THAT THE CASE WAS REVIEWED AND THE VISAS WERE APPROVED, NO EXPLANATION  AT ALL, JUST  TO SEND THE PASSPORTS TO THE EMBASSY IN JUAREZ

YESTERDAY THE STATUS CHANGED TO ISSUED AND 45 MINUTES AGO GOT THE EMAIL WITH THE DHL TRACKING

THANKS TO ALL!

1 hour ago, EDDY_PRADO said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFTER DOZENS OF EMAILS AND CALLS TO MANY DIFFERENT OFFICES, USCIS, EMBASSY,  AND EVEN OUR STATE SENATORS

THANK TO GOD AND SOMEONE WHO TOUCHED HIS/HER HEART AND GAVE US A "HAND" ( WE DONT KNOW WHO HELPED US AFTER SO MANY EMAILS) 

WE GOT A CALL FRIDAY TO LET US KNOW THAT THE CASE WAS REVIEWED AND THE VISAS WERE APPROVED, NO EXPLANATION  AT ALL, JUST  TO SEND THE PASSPORTS TO THE EMBASSY IN JUAREZ

YESTERDAY THE STATUS CHANGED TO ISSUED AND 45 MINUTES AGO GOT THE EMAIL WITH THE DHL TRACKING

THANKS TO ALL!

That’s excellent. Congratulations !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.