POA

F4 Approved. When to pay the fees and submit additional papers at NVC?

27 posts in this topic

Good day all! 

The petition for my siblings has been approved! Based on the visa bulletin from the USCIS page, their visa availability will still take years, if not decades. Their priority date was September 2020. I know it's a long wait still, but I was just curious if anyone here can share their experience. We are from the Philippines.

Questions (Out of curiosity)

1. Will the NVC case be created immediately, or will NVC wait until their visa is available (priority date current)?

2. Will the visa fees need to be paid immediately, or will the visa be available?

I guess the best question is, what will start immediately when NVC receives the case, and what processes are dependent on when their visa becomes available?

I appreciate all your help! 

32 minutes ago, POA said:

Good day all! 

The petition for my siblings has been approved! Based on the visa bulletin from the USCIS page, their visa availability will still take years, if not decades. Their priority date was September 2020. I know it's a long wait still, but I was just curious if anyone here can share their experience. We are from the Philippines.

1. Will the NVC case be created immediately, or will NVC wait until their visa is available (priority date current)?

2. Will the visa fees need to be paid immediately, or will the visa be available?

I guess the best question is, what will start immediately when NVC receives the case, and what processes are dependent on when their visa becomes available?

I appreciate all your help! 

You need to look at Table B on the Visa Bulletin, that's when they'll be asked to start the NVC process. Currently at April 2004, so maybe in another 20-25 years for your siblings as a rough guess? https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2024/visa-bulletin-for-march-2024.html

So nothing to do for now but sit and wait, and check the VB occasionally to see what's happening. 

57 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Also, just checking, but you say petition rather than petitions - you did file one for each sibling?

Yes, grammatical errors. :) Petitions. I filed for reach.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Looking at trends could be a lot longer and of course what the fees will be in the second half of this Century, well who knows? Just sitting waiting for now.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

The petition I filed back in 2010 was approved in 2012 I believe (F4) - NVC has yet to contact me or the beneficiary to get started with anything. I do however save my yearly tax return transcripts just in case. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

12 minutes ago, milimelo said:

The petition I filed back in 2010 was approved in 2012 I believe (F4) - NVC has yet to contact me or the beneficiary to get started with anything. I do however save my yearly tax return transcripts just in case. 

Thank you for sharing! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, POA said:

Their priority date was September 2020. 

1. About a year before their PD becomes current, NVC will invite them to apply for the visa - complete the AOS and IV sections.

2. Fees are due when NVC opens the case for them to apply, per 1, above.

19 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

1. About a year before their PD becomes current, NVC will invite them to apply for the visa - complete the AOS and IV sections.

2. Fees are due when NVC opens the case for them to apply, per 1, above.

Thank you! That helps a lot!

Posted (edited)

Hi all, so I just received an email from NVC on the creation of the NVC Case telling me to check the status and pay the necessary fees. The email is addressed to my beneficiaries. The case is an MNL case and has an Inv number. Is this a standard procedure?

It also says in the email that if the beneficiaries do not log in CEAC for a year, the visa application will be terminated. 

In addition to the above question, my sister is going through annulment and will revert back to her maiden name. How do I update her name to reflect her maiden name in the petition/visa application once the annulment is approved?

Thank you so much!

Edited by POA

12 minutes ago, POA said:

Hi all, so I just received an email from NVC on the creation of the NVC Case telling me to check the status and pay the necessary fees. The email is addressed to my beneficiaries. The case is an MNL case and has an Inv number. Is this a standard procedure?

It also says in the email that if the beneficiaries do not log in CEAC for a year, the visa application will be terminated. 

In addition to the above question, my sister is going through annulment and will revert back to her maiden name. How do I update her name to reflect her maiden name in the petition/visa application once the annulment is approved?

Thank you so much!

Just to confirm, you only petitioned for them in 2020?  Have you logged in to see if you can pay the fees and submit documents?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
8 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Just to confirm, you only petitioned for them in 2020?  Have you logged in to see if you can pay the fees and submit documents?

I saw this happen before, I assume a screwup.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

15 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Yes, 2020. I have not logged in to the CEAC, it says it will be available within 72 hours

6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Oh okay. I'll reach out to NVC to check with them lol

Posted (edited)

Yesterday, I received a case status update from Case Status Online - Case Status (uscis.gov) with this message. But I thought it was just a standard procedure since the petition was approved. 

image.thumb.png.25c4ad5e2ec0ade4ff6c6b2d7c5ebad8.png

Here is the email we received today.

Screenshot_20240315_130812_Outlook.thumb.jpg.00882b3e14aeb94a4c74e030e2cf579a.jpgScreenshot_20240315_131123_Outlook.thumb.jpg.dc9d6448afc518e150cc5401f085f853.jpg

Edited by POA

4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

It's a total screw up if they really did only apply in 2020. So I wonder what happens if they do pay the fees, does that mean they get to pay a heck of a lot less than they would do in 2050 or so when they should actually be able to get a visa?  Might end up being a right bargain! 😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.