dhouse89

Wife temporary left the US after she arrived in the US with IR1 visa. IV already expired. She didn't get here green card yet.

23 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

You keep reading thing in that are not there.  She should NOT stay gone a year.  Each entry is a judgment call.  If she came in for a few days and left for 364 days, then she never made the US her place of residence at all.  It's a temporary green card until the real one comes.  It's certainly allowed to use the visa before it expires, and then return to resolve remaining affairs before returning to establish the USA as her permanent residence.  She's also free to come and go, but being IN the USA more than OUT is the primary concern.

Yes, I understand that she shouldn't be gone for too long and etc. She will come back to the US in a couple of months and permanently live here. But my main concern is how can she prove before she arrives in the US that she has a visa to enter the US? For example, the airline because all she has in the visa paper is when it was issued and when her medical examination expires. How can I determine when her temporary green card expires? How can the airline determine when her temporary green card expires?

35 minutes ago, Boiler said:

When did she do her medical?

She did her medical checkup on August 14, 2023.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
16 minutes ago, dhouse89 said:

Yes, I understand that she shouldn't be gone for too long and etc. She will come back to the US in a couple of months and permanently live here. But my main concern is how can she prove before she arrives in the US that she has a visa to enter the US? For example, the airline because all she has in the visa paper is when it was issued and when her medical examination expires. How can I determine when her temporary green card expires? How can the airline determine when her temporary green card expires?

She just shows the endorsed visa.  Airline personnel know what is required to enter the USA.  Take yes for an answer already.  This ain't my or the other senior members responding's FIRST RODEO.  OK?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

59 minutes ago, dhouse89 said:

She did her medical checkup on August 14, 2023.

Look at pages 2 and 35

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2023-Nov/Carrier Information Guide ENGLISH.pdf

Edited by Lemonslice

20 hours ago, dhouse89 said:

How can I determine when her temporary green card expires? How can the airline determine when her temporary green card expires?

It’s valid for a year from entry, as said above. The date is on the stamp. 

Look again at the wording on the visa - "UPON ENDORSEMENT SERVES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR"

On 3/12/2024 at 9:14 PM, dhouse89 said:

But my main concern is how can she prove before she arrives in the US that she has a visa to enter the US?

She does not have a visa. She is a permanent resident. Two different things. If she says she has a visa at the airport, it's just going to lead to confusion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.