Tegs&Lols

N-400 March 2024 Filers

350 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, RoDaMo said:

Hi Everyone! 
I filed N400 online on 03/07, only a month before my 3 year GC anniversary!

immediately after received biometrics reuse letter and within a week by mail!

San Jose filed office CA 

case dropped from 7 to 5 months!!!

so excited about it! I can see people getting interview letter even before 3 months!

started to take clases for the civic exam and their were saying that people are getting it between 2 or 3 months!!

good luck to all of us!!!

@RoDaMo I think my field office might be SJ too! 5 months is great news. What docs did you end up submitting if you dont mind sharing? 

1 minute ago, Tethamet said:

@RoDaMo I think my field office might be SJ too! 5 months is great news. What docs did you end up submitting if you dont mind sharing? 

Hi Tethamet!

we filed: 

Fed taxes for the last 3 years

GC back and front

my passport, husband’s and little one passport 

lease of the current rental

Bank letter of the joint accounts 

marriage certificate 

little one birth certificate 

in my case divorce decree and previous marriage certificate 

I think that all!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, FROWNcat said:

Filed over the past week end and I have an appointment day. Unsure whether I should study for the 2008 or 2020 civics test or how many questions will be asked.

2008 version will be used.  You will be asked a minimum of 6 questions...maximum of 10.  You must score 60% correct.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, FROWNcat said:

Filed over the past week end and I have an appointment day. Unsure whether I should study for the 2008 or 2020 civics test or how many questions will be asked.

I believe they ask 10 questions and you need to get 6 correct. I didn't know there's a 2020 version. I just went to the website and downloaded the questions. When is your appointment? You got the appointment right away? That was quick.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, taximan683 said:

I believe they ask 10 questions

Once you get 6 of 10 correct, they stop asking.  That means you can pass after just 6 questions if you answer them all correctly.  The 2020 version is no longer used.  The 2008 version is active.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

My wife is eligible to apply, but we are traveling to the Philippines for 6 weeks in July/August. I'm worried that they'll set an appointment for the time we are out of the country. Are all the letters available online, or do we need a traveling mailbox so we can see any documents they might send? I suppose I could reschedule if there is a conflict, or should we wait to file when we get back?

Timeline
1 minute ago, taximan683 said:

Are all the letters available online,

Yes.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, taximan683 said:

I believe they ask 10 questions and you need to get 6 correct. I didn't know there's a 2020 version. I just went to the website and downloaded the questions. When is your appointment? You got the appointment right away? That was quick.

My bad, I responded to the wrong one, and since I can’t delete it, I edited it to this 🙃

Edited by GerLA

Timeline
14 minutes ago, taximan683 said:

My wife is eligible to apply, but we are traveling to the Philippines for 6 weeks in July/August. I'm worried that they'll set an appointment for the time we are out of the country. Are all the letters available online, or do we need a traveling mailbox so we can see any documents they might send? I suppose I could reschedule if there is a conflict, or should we wait to file when we get back?

That is of course up to you and all depends on how quick your local field office is, however, my current timeline says 5 months, which would be August or possibly earlier. I‘ve seen multiple people say that theirs was scheduled as soon as they were eligible to become naturalized, so in that case 2 or 3 months from now. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, GerLA said:

That is of course up to you and all depends on how quick your local field office is, however, my current timeline says 5 months, which would be August or possibly earlier. I‘ve seen multiple people say that theirs was scheduled as soon as they were eligible to become naturalized, so in that case 2 or 3 months from now. 

I wonder how long in advance they notify you of the appointment. If they notify us before July, then at least we'll know if we have to reschedule. If they notify us while we're gone then maybe the appointment would be after we're back, so it wouldn't matter as long as we find out. I just don't want to completely miss the appointment because we didn't know about it.

Timeline
1 minute ago, taximan683 said:

I wonder how long in advance they notify you of the appointment. If they notify us before July, then at least we'll know if we have to reschedule. If they notify us while we're gone then maybe the appointment would be after we're back, so it wouldn't matter as long as we find out. I just don't want to completely miss the appointment because we didn't know about it.

I think It’s usually about 4-6 weeks in advance. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.