ECFHunter

Laying Out the Physical Printed Form/ Evidence

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

So my Fiancée and i are in the final steps of completing our i-129f form and corresponding evidence, we have everything ready to print but we are not sure how to physically set everything out when we print it all.
Would we be better off putting everything in a ring binder or is loose paper in clear plastic pockets better?
Do we need title pages to state every different section of the evidence/ forms?
What is the best order to put things in?

Even if someone could point me to a previous post outlining this all so we can get it sorted, we want to make sure we have everything set out appropriately and clearly so the officer/ reviewer can navigate everything smoothly, and we can have a better peace of mind when it comes to making sure everything is in the right order and concise.

Thank you for your time!

Edited by ECFHunter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They will disassemble whatever you send them and organize it in the order they want it to be when they receive it.  I suggest using an ACCO 2 prong folder with punches at the top and some sort of section dividers to assist them in finding appropriate documents when sorting it and to help ensure related evidence remains with the appropriate section.  Include a cover page that lists each section to assist them with organizing it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

follow USCIS site on  how to arrange

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/tips-for-filing-forms-by-mail#:~:text=You may submit your forms,the status of its delivery.

• In preparing your packet, remember:
    • Do not use binders or folders that we cannot easily disassemble.
    • Do not use heavy-duty staples. Instead, use fasteners or heavy clips to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated. Note: this is only applicable when submitting filings at a USCIS lockbox location. We recommend that you do not use fasteners, hole punch, staple, paper clip, binder clip, or otherwise attach documents to one another when filing directly with a USCIS service center as that may cause delays in scanning the documents into the electronic database systems.
    • Sticky tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. For easy filing, place the tabs on the bottom of the page, not the side. Note: this is only applicable when submitting filing at a USCIS lockbox location. We recommend that you do not place sticky notes on documents when filing directly with a USCIS service center as that may cause delays in scanning the documents into the electronic database systems.

We used paper clips and a cover letter at the top with the contents and put everything in that order. Then we held everything together by those large black binder clips. They will take everything apart to scan and throw out everything so the simpler the better.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We followed a few Youtube videos for ours! This really helped with the assembling and what to do, I would definitely check some out!

K1 visa process...complete 

I-129F: sent 21st Jan 2023

I-129F NOA1: 24th Jan 2023

I-129F NOA2: 3rd Nov 2023

NVC received: 27th Nov 2023

NVC left: 5th Dec 2023

Consulate received: 14th Dec 2023

Packet 3: 3rd Jan 2024

Interview date: 5th March 2024

🌟Approved!🌟

Visa issued: 7th March 2024!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.