zebps3

Sent AOS over a month ago and no reply

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
58 minutes ago, zebps3 said:

Hi,

On January 5th we sent our AOS packet to the Chicago PO box and have still not received and receipt nor have they cashed the check?  Is this normal?  We are a bit worried as the k1 visa is up on Feb 15th.

Thanks!

Back in the day in 2019 it took them 57 days to acknowledge that they had received my documents.

As long as you have proof that you sent the package (tracking number) it should be ok. Just don't do anything stupid and avoid encounters with the law.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

23 minutes ago, zebps3 said:

Is it typical for them to process applications so randomly?  Several others who sent in their AOS at the same time got replies only a week or 2 later.  What concerns me is it took over a week for them to receive it according to tracking despite us sending it by priority.

That's something to take up with your courier company, if you sent it via a priority service and it took a week you should be entitled to a refund.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bri and Carlos said:

This also happened to us and it ended up being that they rejected the application due to some filing errors. I would call the customer service number - they were very helpful and gave us enough information to know what was going on. We refilled with no issues and my husband has his biometrics appointment today.

We filed with UPS 2 weeks ago. Got delivery confirmation to the lockbox in Tempe, AZ. Check has not been cashed, no notifications from USCIS at all. Nothing. 

What is this customer service number of which you speak?

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

We waited 30 days as they suggested. I believe we called 8003755283. When the machine asks, how can I help you, say, “I want to know about my case.” Then, when the machine asks for a receipt number, say “I never received a receipt number.” Then, when it asks about a location, choose a service center. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Bri and Carlos said:

We waited 30 days as they suggested. I believe we called 8003755283. When the machine asks, how can I help you, say, “I want to know about my case.” Then, when the machine asks for a receipt number, say “I never received a receipt number.” Then, when it asks about a location, choose a service center. 

Thank you. We’ll wait a couple more weeks. 

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

18 hours ago, zebps3 said:

Yeah it was USPS, we assumed it was due to weather at the time but now not sure.  I don't suppose anyone suggests trying to send another?  Is there a way to inquire if they got it?

You said above that tracking says it took a week, so doesn't that mean you know it got there? Definitely don't send another if you know it has been delivered. 

Noa1 can take up to 30 days from when the shipment was RECEIVED not sent before you are eligible to place an EMAIL (not phone) enquiry to the Lockbox.

With your shipping delay, it has definitely not been 30 days. 

You already know it was received and when because you tracked it. 

Timeline
On 2/5/2024 at 7:43 AM, zebps3 said:

Hi,

On January 5th we sent our AOS packet to the Chicago PO box and have still not received and receipt nor have they cashed the check?  Is this normal?  We are a bit worried as the k1 visa is up on Feb 15th.

Thanks!

We sent our AOS at nearly the exact same time as you to the Chicago lockbox. It arrived Jan 8.  A few days later we got the text messages from USCIS ack the receipt of the AOS, EAD, and AP.  About 7 days later we received 4 paper notices in the mail, including one with an activation code for an online account, as a well as an RFE as I forgot to send in my proof of US citizenship for the i-864.  I just needed to upload it to the online account.

About 1-2 days later from the date of text messages, we got a notice that a biometrics appointment was made for us.  A week later we got that notice in the mail. The appointment was for the following week. She did that and now we are waiting.  The online account says the AOS and EAD are activiely being processed. And it says the EAD should be complete within 5 more weeks, and the AOS will be complete within 5 months.

We did use an agency to do the 52 papers of paperwork ... so I know it was done perfectly, with all the exact instructions on how to include enclose the photos in bags, and many other details.  the $600 was well worht it for them to do all the paperwork and provide exact instructions on how to finish it up. 

USCIS scanned them in and converted all 3 to an online application, hence the online account.  The online filing is faster since they don't need to move the paperwork around. In the online account, I even saw the scan of the plastic bags we did with the photos, 

I suspect you got something wrong and its going to be rejected and sent back to you.   

Edited by W199

8 hours ago, W199 said:

The online account says the AOS and EAD are activiely being processed. And it says the EAD should be complete within 5 more weeks

Where'd you get 5 weeks from?

The current estimated timeline for EAD category C9 at the NBC is 7.5 months for 80% of all cases. The 20% left will take longer. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Where'd you get 5 weeks from?

The current estimated timeline for EAD category C9 at the NBC is 7.5 months for 80% of all cases. The 20% left will take longer. 

In the USCIS online account, you can check the status of your case, the history, and the next steps and their projected timelines.  When we first applied and got the online account access, the timeframe reported was 2 months. Now, a month later, and having completed the biometrics, it is now projecting 5 mores weeks to the case decision.  The is inline with what others have reported for how long it took for the EAD after applying for AOS for the K-1

Likewise, the USCIS account is projecting 5 more months for the AOS. However, its still on the interview, if needed, stage.  If they waive that, I would expect it to be only 3 more months

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.