zebps3

Sent AOS over a month ago and no reply

26 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, W199 said:

In the USCIS online account, you can check the status of your case, the history, and the next steps and their projected timelines.  When we first applied and got the online account access, the timeframe reported was 2 months. Now, a month later, and having completed the biometrics, it is now projecting 5 mores weeks to the case decision.  The is inline with what others have reported for how long it took for the EAD after applying for AOS for the K-1

Likewise, the USCIS account is projecting 5 more months for the AOS. However, its still on the interview, if needed, stage.  If they waive that, I would expect it to be only 3 more months

What does the website (not your account) say for your LFO estimate for I485?

Is it also 6 months (1 psst + 5 upcoming) or something entirely different?

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

What does the website (not your account) say for your LFO estimate for I485?

Is it also 6 months (1 psst + 5 upcoming) or something entirely different?

I didn't bother checking, but I would imagine it would not be as accurate as to what my online case specifies.  Plus others have reported their EAD came within a few months recently too, so it all makes sense. However, my AOS, EAD, and AP packet were scanned in at the Chicago lockbox and I got IOExxxx receipts accordingly, and an online account and access code to go with it.  I hear some packages do not get scanned in, so are processed the more slowly manual way by moving the paperwork around.  I don't know if I got lucky or if that is the normal way of processsing. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, W199 said:

I didn't bother checking, but I would imagine it would not be as accurate as to what my online case specifies.  Plus others have reported their EAD came within a few months recently too, so it all makes sense. However, my AOS, EAD, and AP packet were scanned in at the Chicago lockbox and I got IOExxxx receipts accordingly, and an online account and access code to go with it.  I hear some packages do not get scanned in, so are processed the more slowly manual way by moving the paperwork around.  I don't know if I got lucky or if that is the normal way of processsing. 

Update, today, Feb 7, my online account timeline for my Wife's  EAD has now changed to 4 weeks. Note, USCIS had received it on Jan 8.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, W199 said:

Update, today, Feb 7, my online account timeline for my Wife's  EAD has now changed to 4 weeks. Note, USCIS had received it on Jan 8.

Hahaha ... Correction!!!  The case status still says "actively being reviewed" and 4 weeks to a decision..  BUT I checked the documents tab in the online account and there was the approval notice, issued on Feb 1!

Therefore, it took less than 1 month to get approved for the EAD and AP !!!!!   So .. yeah .. not 7.5 months!

Here is an extract of the approval notice

We have approved your application for employment authorization and advance parole based on your pending Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. We will send your Employment Authorization Document (also known as an EAD card or Form I-766) to you separately. The EAD card will have an I-512 endorsement on it, which indicates that you have been approved for advance parole. Your EAD card should be produced within one to two weeks. Your EAD card will be mailed via U.S. Postal Service (USPS) Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation to the address you designated. The time frame in which you will receive your EAD card may vary, depending on USPS delivery times. Please allow a total of 30 days from approval before inquiring with USCIS. We encourage you to use Case Status Online https://egov.uscis.gov/ to find your USPS tracking number for EAD card delivery. If you have not received your EAD card within this time frame, please visit https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do for instructions on how to submit an inquiry

1 hour ago, W199 said:

Hahaha ... Correction!!!  The case status still says "actively being reviewed" and 4 weeks to a decision..  BUT I checked the documents tab in the online account and there was the approval notice, issued on Feb 1!

Therefore, it took less than 1 month to get approved for the EAD and AP !!!!!   So .. yeah .. not 7.5 months!

We have approved your application for employment authorization and advance parole based on your pending Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. We will send your Employment Authorization Document (also known as an EAD card or Form I-766) to you separately. The EAD card will have an I-512 endorsement on it, which indicates that you have been approved for advance parole. Your EAD card should be produced within one to two weeks. Your EAD card will be mailed via U.S. Postal Service (USPS) Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation to the address you designated. The time frame in which you will receive your EAD card may vary, depending on USPS delivery times. Please allow a total of 30 days from approval before inquiring with USCIS. We encourage you to use Case Status Online https://egov.uscis.gov/ to find your USPS tracking number for EAD card delivery. If you have not received your EAD card within this time frame, please visit https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do for instructions on how to submit an inquiry

That's great although I won't believe, typical. 

I won't give it a "like" either so when others come crying to this post because theirs didn't take 3 weeks, they don't think I endorsed it as grail. 

Future "looks" bright for others. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, W199 said:

I’ll give it a like. That’s freaking awesome. 

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline
12 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

That's great although I won't believe, typical. 

I won't give it a "like" either so when others come crying to this post because theirs didn't take 3 weeks, they don't think I endorsed it as grail. 

Future "looks" bright for others. 

yeah, it was ~1 month faster than even the USCIS online account was estimating.  And in one of our Philippine's K1 FB group, others have reported about 3 months. 

Apparently it was so fast, they didn't even have time to update the online status, it still says "being reviewed" 

I did use an agency to prepare all the paperwork. Despite it not being very difficult, they really did do a great professional job, better than I would have done, along with many little details, for example, like how to prepare, label, and assemble all the photos and supporting docs.  Maybe this had something to do with it? I also included PSA (certified) birth certificates and certified marriage certificates because I had ordered plenty of extras to bullet proof everything.  I can see USCIS even scanned in seperatly the writing we did on the plastic photo bags,  So I don't know if we just got lucky, or if it had something to do with the way we prepared it. But for sure, having them scan in the paperwork and convert it to an online application was the key (the receipts had an IOE prefix indicating it is being electronicaly scanned and processed), and I can see those scans.   Do they do that to everyone?

BTW, oday, the actual approval noticed arrived  in the mail. Apparently USCIS wants to share the good news with everyone because you can clearly read "We have approved your application for employment authorization" right below the address field in the envelope's address window. 

Timeline
On 2/8/2024 at 7:54 AM, madmanmike said:

I’ll give it a like. That’s freaking awesome. 

Thanks!  And as you see in the December 2023 AOS thread, there are a whole slew of reports of people getting their EAD, AP,  and AOS in a similar extremely fast timeframe.  USCIS apparently have done an amazing job in speeding this all up.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, W199 said:

Thanks!  And as you see in the December 2023 AOS thread, there are a whole slew of reports of people getting their EAD, AP,  and AOS in a similar extremely fast timeframe.  USCIS apparently have done an amazing job in speeding this all up.

Awesome. Now if we could just get USCIS to acknowledge receiving our package, maybe we can got in this speed train. 

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

As an update.  We ended up calling last week on Feb 7th.  They told us they did not receive our case.  A week later on Feb 14th I got a notification that my check was cashed.  We called again today and finally got a receipt number.  Still nothing in the mail even though they supposedly sent it out on the 9th.  Not quite sure why our case is so delayed compared to some others right now.  Regardless it is progress and hopefully the rest of the process proceeds smoothly.  I would like to thank everyone for the comments.  They have been incredibly helpful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.