mattu

Montreal Canada consulate 221g ,DS-5535 timeline

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Nope. Your application is in Administrative processing” .. which is  normal after the interview .. But there is never any indication of how long this will take   Did you have to submit any documents after the interview ? Did they keep your passport ? Do you

have any challenging issues in your situation? 

Just now, Lil bear said:

Nope. Your application is in Administrative processing” .. which is  normal after the interview .. But there is never any indication of how long this will take   Did you have to submit any documents after the interview ? Did they keep your passport ? Do you

have any challenging issues in your situation? 

have any challenging issues in your situation?   NOT at all 

At the interview officer told me there is nothing missing they just need to check 15 years of background history ,just handed  me a link to fill out my 15 years of work and resident history, since then my case was updated once on 17th of october 2023 ,nothing else yet 

Just now, mattu said:

At the interview officer told me there is nothing missing they just need to check 15 years of background history ,just handed  me a link to fill out my 15 years of work and resident history, since then my case was updated once on 17th of october 2023 ,nothing else yet 

and they returned my passport after my interview 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, mattu said:

Then you are waiting while  they finish checking the 15 yrs background/work/residential history. 

Edited by Lil bear

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Then you are waiting while  they finish checking the 15 yrs background/work/residential history. 

Were you given a 221g notice at yhe interview ?  If you were, it would be helpful if you posted a photo of it here .. but please cover up all personal info .. also complete your profile and timeline,  so we have some background to your application. You interviewed in MTL .. Are you a Canadian citizen or resident. Are you a dual national? What category of visa are you applying for … 

No way of knowing how long it will take as every case is different. But there’s a very long thread about it in the Canada forum so would suggest you read that for more info. 

Good luck. 

3 hours ago, mattu said:

and they returned my passport after my interview 

They obviously knew they were no where near issuing the visa.   There is no way to expedite or waive this part of the process.   For reasons unknown, you are being vetted more than most applicants.   Just have to wait it out.

It could be due to your country of birth.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
8 hours ago, mattu said:

Welcome to the club, I wrote a timeline on my most recent post explaining everything you need to know and how to best navigate DS-5535/221(G)

Best of luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, mattu said:

yes please if you know how long will this take ?

Likely no less than 6 months, possibly more than a year.  The thread posted above are all Montreal interviews that were handed the DS-5535. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.