OneMoreTime1

What are the steps to refile the i485 package? I am assuming the package sent has been lost.

9 posts in this topic

i485 package received at Dallas Lockbox on 12/19/23 and have not received any notice or had the payment be processed.

i94 is now expired as of early January.

Can an exact copy of the original package be sent with the original form signature dates in December or will it have to updated to 1/9/24 onwards?  Anything different need to be done given the i94 has expired?

AOS from K1.

if ur package never been receive by USCIS, if i were u, i will put new date for the signature. there's no harm since u need to have wet signature anyway. just think this way " file like u file a brand new application/ submission". im very OCD and meticulous so i rather start fresh. 

it's okay if i94 expired, as long as u married within 90 days since the person come with K1.  just print the copy of i-94 from CBP website. 

Edited by Verrou

1 minute ago, Verrou said:

if ur package never been receive by USCIS, if i were u, i will put new date for the signature. there's no harm since u need to have wet signature anyway. just think this way " file like u file a brand new application/ submission". im very OCD and meticulous so i rather start fresh. 

it's okay if i94 expired, as long as u married within 90 days since the person come with K1.  just print the copy of i-94 from CBP website. 

It was received and signed for according to USPS tracking.  I meant lost as in lost at someones desk inside the facility and not the fault of USPS.

If I send in another package and during that time they look at the original, will there be any problems if I cancel the original check?  I assume they would just toss the original once payment doesn't go through.  (havent canceled the check, just a scenario)

gotcha...i will give another 1 week, and in the mean time prepare a new package ready to send. if u decide to send a new package, cancel the original check first obviously. i help a lot of people filing and this past few weeks it's been weird. i noticed some of them didnt get the text message from USCIS, or tracking system its not updated, but turned out they reused the old biometric etc etc. and on top of that it was holiday season when they received it. but i agree with u.... 12/19 u should get something or anything by now whatever it is

4 hours ago, OneMoreTime1 said:

It was received and signed for according to USPS tracking.  I meant lost as in lost at someones desk inside the facility and not the fault of USPS.

If I send in another package and during that time they look at the original, will there be any problems if I cancel the original check?  I assume they would just toss the original once payment doesn't go through.  (havent canceled the check, just a scenario)

if you know it’s been received then why do you think you need to send it again? It’s only been about 8 working days since it was delivered and there will be a backlog of applications to open after the Xmas shut down. 

I’d give it a while longer. 

Noa1 can take up to day 30 days from when the shipment was received not sent before you are eligible to place an enquiry with the Lockbox via email. 

It has not been 30 days. 

Why do you assume it was lost if your tracking receipt says it was received?

It is not lost. They have it, December 19 is not that long ago. As mentioned you should wait business 30 days. I remember at some point it took 6 weeks to issue NOA1. 

On 1/9/2024 at 4:49 PM, OneMoreTime1 said:

I’m in the same situation . Received by Chicago on 12/18 and no NOA or check cashed. I’m in a bit of a panic too, but I do think it’s within a typical processing window. We’ve had a bunch of vacation days that have likely caused a backup. My friend is an immigration lawyer and she agrees that a NOA is likely to come waiting a few more weeks. Please do keep us updated though and I will do the same!

Edited by Bri and Carlos

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.