HOUNOV2017

Houston N-400 Filers

1,569 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mshan61 said:

i dont live in houston i live  near houston in beaumont so my oath wil be in beaumont , my wife oath scheduling took 6 weeks for beaumont and   her interview was in houston as well 

Ah, we live in Montgomery County, a 45-60 minute drive from downtown Houston. My wife's interview is next week in Houston. I just assumed the oath ceremony would be in Houston too.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, jaysaldi said:

Ah, we live in Montgomery County, a 45-60 minute drive from downtown Houston. My wife's interview is next week in Houston. I just assumed the oath ceremony would be in Houston too.

we all live in beaumont, my sister in law last year had her interview in Houston  and oath in Houston too,  but  my father and brother had interview in houston but oath in beaumont city, my wife had  interview in houston on nov 14 2023 and oath on feb 28 in beaumont, i had my interview in houston on jan 29th and now waiting for oath.  lets see where i get oath 

Timeline

Few days ago, i have contacted congressman.  Rendy Weeber online that i have to travel to Pakistan due to personal issue in the end of march and my wife oath is scheduled for 28th in Beaumont  and i am still waiting for oath date. so if congressman can ask uscis to schedule me for oath on same date February 28th in Beaumont and today USCIS Houston called me on phone and told me congressman Randy Weeber contacted them and  uscis have scheduled me for oath on February 28th in Beaumont. All praise to God. Sooo happpy  

Timeline
2 hours ago, mshan61 said:

Few days ago, i have contacted congressman.  Rendy Weeber online that i have to travel to Pakistan due to personal issue in the end of march and my wife oath is scheduled for 28th in Beaumont  and i am still waiting for oath date. so if congressman can ask uscis to schedule me for oath on same date February 28th in Beaumont and today USCIS Houston called me on phone and told me congressman Randy Weeber contacted them and  uscis have scheduled me for oath on February 28th in Beaumont. All praise to God. Sooo happpy  

Are you from Karachi? You can reschedule Oath from the USCIS office.

Timeline

No i am from Lahore, but i  have relatives in Karachi in Gulistan e Johar. I didn't want to reschedule it takes more time, but thank God congressmen helped me to get scheduled for 28th February now i don't have to worry and i can travel to Pakistan in march on USA passport.

Timeline
5 hours ago, mshan61 said:

No i am from Lahore, but i  have relatives in Karachi in Gulistan e Johar. I didn't want to reschedule it takes more time, but thank God congressmen helped me to get scheduled for 28th February now i don't have to worry and i can travel to Pakistan in march on USA passport.

Great. Actually you don’t even need Pakistan Passport. NICOP is good enough. I plan to let my PP expire and keep renewing NICOP for life.  

Edited by Visitor User

Timeline

My wife had her interview at Gears Road yesterday. Everything went smoothly.

We arrived 15 minutes before her appointment time. You check and they give you two numbers to listen for. The first number is to get called to a window for biometrics.  

This took about 30 seconds for her number to be called, even though the waiting room had a lot of people waiting.  Then 10 minutes after she finished the biometrics they called the second number to go to Door 1 for her interview.

She was back there about 10-15 minutes.  They tested her on reading and writing and asked her some of the civics questions. It sounds like they may non-randomly choose easier questions from the 100 question prep book. Like they didn't ask who authored the Federalist papers and who is your Congressional representative. They asked the easier stuff.

She passed and they said she'll get a letter in the mail about her oath ceremony.

1 hour ago, jaysaldi said:

We arrived 15 minutes before her appointment time. You check and they give you two numbers to listen for. The first number is to get called to a window for biometrics.  

This took about 30 seconds for her number to be called, even though the waiting room had a lot of people waiting.  Then 10 minutes after she finished the biometrics they called the second number to go to Door 1 for her interview.

She was back there about 10-15 minutes.  They tested her on reading and writing and asked her some of the civics questions. It sounds like they may non-randomly choose easier questions from the 100 question prep book. Like they didn't ask who authored the Federalist papers and who is your Congressional representative. They asked the easier stuff.

She passed and they said she'll get a letter in the mail about her oath ceremony.

Congratulations 

when did you filed the case

Timeline

The other thing I meant to mention is that my wife's citizenship interview consisted only of the reading/writing/civics test. No questions about our marriage, her 380 days spent outside the USA in the last three years, no looking at the tax returns, bank statements,  proof of my own US citizenship, our marriage certificate, her passport, etc.   

It was just reading, writing, civics, done.

Edited by jaysaldi

Timeline
8 hours ago, jaysaldi said:

Love that they ask the easier questions.

What the did they ask?

5 hours ago, jaysaldi said:

The other thing I meant to mention is that my wife's citizenship interview consisted only of the reading/writing/civics test. No questions about our marriage, her 380 days spent outside the USA in the last three years, no looking at the tax returns, bank statements,  proof of my own US citizenship, our marriage certificate, her passport, etc.   

It was just reading, writing, civics, done.

Nice. That’s awesome.

• 1 month later...

Had interview today and passed here in Houston. Traveling at the end of May to go out of the country (MY WIFE DOES NOT WANT TO CANCEL THIS TRIP). Assuming my Oath is next month, Has anybody successfully taken the Oath and applied for an emergency/urgent passport right after due to already booked traveled plans? If so, could you please explain the process and where I would need to go in order to do this, if this situation comes up.

I would have rescheduling it as a last option as I am ready to be done with this immigration journey!

Thanks

Edited by killadocg23

Timeline
6 minutes ago, killadocg23 said:

Had interview today and passed here in Houston. Traveling at the end of May to go out of the country (MY WIFE DOES NOT WANT TO CANCEL THIS TRIP). Assuming my Oath is next month, Has anybody successfully taken the Oath and applied for an emergency/urgent passport right after due to already booked traveled plans? If so, could you please explain the process and where I would need to go in order to do this, if this situation comes up.

I would have rescheduling it as a last option as I am ready to be done with this immigration journey!

Thanks

USPS for any type of passports. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.