Hypnos

N-400 Dallas, TX Filers (Merged Threads)

1,065 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

We interviewed 12/14....no oath scheduled yet.  I thought we were the only ones.  

Seems a couple of folks have received an oath for 1/26 morning at Plano event center. And there is one in the office on 1/19 so seems they are starting to pick up the ceremonies and clear the backlog after the holidays. Hope something comes around quickly for you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nkrish83 said:

Seems a couple of folks have received an oath for 1/26 morning at Plano event center. And there is one in the office on 1/19 so seems they are starting to pick up the ceremonies and clear the backlog after the holidays. Hope something comes around quickly for you!

Just received the notice 30 seconds ago!!!    1/26/2023 at 0730 in Plano!!!!   Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
Just now, Crazy Cat said:

Just received the notice 30 seconds ago!!!    1/26/2023 at 0730 in Plano!!!!   Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!

There ya go! Congrats and it will be a fun event - the ones in plano are usually 1000+ and while the time is 7:30, it takes a while to get started (~9:30-10) and then in 15 mins you'd be done :). 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Thats great news. I know how you have been on the edge to get past this step.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nkrish83 said:

There ya go! Congrats and it will be a fun event - the ones in plano are usually 1000+ and while the time is 7:30, it takes a while to get started (~9:30-10) and then in 15 mins you'd be done :). 

Will I be able to attend with her?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

Will I be able to attend with her?

When my colleague had his oath there, there is an area (separate room) where there are TVs and you can generally sit there and watch. It won't be like the good old days which was more like a graduation ceremony where you could watch from the gallery.  My colleague's family told me they were better off sitting in the car. 

This was October 2022, so dont know if something has changed from that point onwards.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/19/2022 at 8:20 PM, sandmandr said:

For those following this bizarre situation, I got 2 updates:

1. Website still shows "Interview cancelled" under the N-400 case. No one from Tier 2 has called back yet.

2. Got a letter in the mail re: my I-751 that says "Because we also approved your N-400, you will not receive a new Permanent Resident Card. Instead, once you take the Oath of Allegiance, you will receive a Certificate of Naturalization, which will be proof of your US citizenship."

It's a HUGE relief to at least have in writing that my N-400 is approved, even though it was tied to my I-751 case. Now I guess it's just a matter of waiting the 2-6 weeks until things update on the website.

Today, the status finally changed from Interviewed cancelled to Case approved:

image.png.80d623211d76e2b4ba2191e39a87ddb8.png

Now I guess it's just a matter of waiting for the oath ceremony date. Phew! What a relief to see the official site change. Do they just upload the time/date online? I hope I don't have to wait for the physical piece of mail since I will likely need to block some time off from work for it I'm sure. Hopefully the wait isn't another 2-6 weeks to get a date for this and I can be done this month itself.

Edited by sandmandr

Timeline
19 minutes ago, sandmandr said:

Today, the status finally changed from Interviewed cancelled to Case approved:

image.png.80d623211d76e2b4ba2191e39a87ddb8.png

Now I guess it's just a matter of waiting for the oath ceremony date. Phew! What a relief to see the official site change. Do they just upload the time/date online? I hope I don't have to wait for the physical piece of mail since I will likely need to block some time off from work for it I'm sure. Hopefully the wait isn't another 2-6 weeks to get a date for this and I can be done this month itself.

Once your oath ceremony is scheduled, your status will flip to "Oath Ceremony notice was mailed". Assuming you have an online USCIS account - you should be able to see the notice under documents before you receive a physical copy as well with the actual date/time/location. 

Timeline

Good morning folks - Time for an update on my wife's N400 case: 

Field office: Dallas (Irving office). 

Interview time: 7:50AM - checked in at 7:30. 

Questions asked (Civics test):

- Who does the senator represent

- Who is the commander in chief of the military

- The federalist papers supported the passage of the US Constitution. Name one of the writers

- Name 1 right from the 1st amendment

- Which are the 2 political parties in US

- Name the first US president.

Reading: Who can vote?

Writing: Citizens can vote. 

Officer asked her sections from N400 (Part 12, 45-50). Asked her about family, address, work, children etc. Asked her to confirm information is accurate and capture the signatures. She was given an option to do same day oath in the afternoon and she took it. 

Timeline:

- The federalist papers supported the passage of the US Constitution. Name one of the writers

Officer asked her sections from N400 (Part 12, 45-50). Asked her about family, address, work, children etc. Asked her to confirm information is accurate and capture the signatures. She was given an option to do same day oath in the afternoon and she took it. 

Timeline:

373117382_PRTimeline.thumb.png.d53c6d206bbc2d4b039c532cebea25c2.png

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Nkrish83 said:

Timeline:

Timeline:

Congratulations!!!!!  Dallas Rocks!!!!!

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Nkrish83 said:

Timeline:

Timeline:

Congrats to your Mrs.. same day oath is awesome to get over the anxiety.

Timeline
11 hours ago, ImmigrantKrish said:

Congrats to your Mrs.. same day oath is awesome to get over the anxiety.

Thanks. She got done at 2PM. Rather a quick 10 min ceremony and no drama ending to the immigration journey. Let's see what lady luck has in store for me next week on 1/19 at my interview ;)

Timeline
Just now, Nkrish83 said:

Thanks. She got done at 2PM. Rather a quick 10 min ceremony and no drama ending to the immigration journey. Let's see what lady luck has in store for me next week on 1/19 at my interview ;)

Heres to hoping for a same day oath for you. Mine is on 25th and lets see how that goes in Phx.

Timeline

Folks - time for me to share my N-400 interview experience today at Dallas Field office (Irving). My interview was set at 9AM. I entered the office at 8:45 and quickly proceeded through security and then to one of the counters on the 1st floor that handle the interview receipt validation, check-in and biometric confirmation. After that, i was instructed to go to the 2nd floor where there is a check-in process to hand over your interview notice and wait to be called by an officer. 

I had a 40 min wait before finally being called around 9:55AM. A very warm/affable officer called my name and walked over to her office. Before being seated, i was told to take the oath to tell the truth (respond with I do).  We started with the civics test - questions are below:

1. What does the constitution do? (Sets up the government)

2. How many amendments does the constitution have? 27

3. Name one branch of government? (Congress)

4. Before eisenhower was president, he was a general - which war? (WW II)

5. If the president cannot serve who becomes president? Vice-president

6. Who makes federal laws? (Congress)

We stopped right after the 6th question and proceeded to reading/writing:

Reading: Where is the white house?

Writing: The white house is in Washington D.C.

Subsequently proceeded to review yes/no questions (i had a traffic ticket from 2011). Officer asked if tickets were paid and that’s it. Then we went over the questions about readiness to take oath, bear arms (last section of N400).  She captured a couple of signatures, asked me to review changes (My wife got naturalized last week - so that was a change), asked about where i am employed etc and that’s it. 

I was given the decision approval form and also a same day oath ceremony notice. 

Something to note for Dallas N400 applications: They are doing same day oath for everybody this month so if you have an interview this month without a name change, you are in LUCK!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nkrish83 said:

Folks - time for me to share my N-400 interview experience today at Dallas Field office (Irving). My interview was set at 9AM. I entered the office at 8:45 and quickly proceeded through security and then to one of the counters on the 1st floor that handle the interview receipt validation, check-in and biometric confirmation. After that, i was instructed to go to the 2nd floor where there is a check-in process to hand over your interview notice and wait to be called by an officer. 

I had a 40 min wait before finally being called around 9:55AM. A very warm/affable officer called my name and walked over to her office. Before being seated, i was told to take the oath to tell the truth (respond with I do).  We started with the civics test - questions are below:

1. What does the constitution do? (Sets up the government)

2. How many amendments does the constitution have? 27

3. Name one branch of government? (Congress)

4. Before eisenhower was president, he was a general - which war? (WW II)

5. If the president cannot serve who becomes president? Vice-president

6. Who makes federal laws? (Congress)

We stopped right after the 6th question and proceeded to reading/writing:

Reading: Where is the white house?

Writing: The white house is in Washington D.C.

Subsequently proceeded to review yes/no questions (i had a traffic ticket from 2011). Officer asked if tickets were paid and that’s it. Then we went over the questions about readiness to take oath, bear arms (last section of N400).  She captured a couple of signatures, asked me to review changes (My wife got naturalized last week - so that was a change), asked about where i am employed etc and that’s it. 

I was given the decision approval form and also a same day oath ceremony notice. 

Something to note for Dallas N400 applications: They are doing same day oath for everybody this month so if you have an interview this month without a name change, you are in LUCK!

Congratulations!!!!  One more week until my wife's oath!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.