Blueeyes1989

N-400 December 2023 Filers

325 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I filed N400 under the 3 years rule. I have a I-751 application pending but went ahead and filed my N-400.

Local office: Dallas, TX

Case filed: 11/29/2023

NOA: 12/06/2023

Biometrics: Re-used

Processing timeline: 7 months

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Submitted online yesterday under the 3 year rule. Currently says 8 months. Hopefully they can re-use my biometrics and that’ll reduce the timeframe. 

Timeline
On 12/4/2023 at 4:43 PM, Blueeyes1989 said:

I have a question regarding travel history. I understand that we are adding travel history for the past 5 years. But if I am early filing, then do I need to add travel history for those extra 3 months when I was not a green card holder? I have quite a bit of travel to Canada, Hong Kong and India in those 3 months before becoming permanent resident.

Had the same concern and I’ve read somewhere else that the agent was confused when the person entered their travel dates prior to them becoming a PR. So I decided to not enter anything prior to entering the U.S as a PR. Really wish they updated that question. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

For those filing under 3-year marriage rule, what are all the documents you submitted under "additional evidence"? I am filing under the 3-year marriage rule and I'm confused how much evidence I need to provide apart from the required GC, marriage certificate, birth certificate, and 3 years' worth tax transcripts. The USCIS website is very generic and I don't know if I need to provide 3 years' worth of documents or just the most recent? Did you provide quarterly/annual documents?

Thanks,

Ashley

N-400:

12/27/2023 - Received receipt notice and biometric reuse notice. Estimated processing time: 6 months

12/27/2023 - Submitted N-400 online

I-751:

January 2023 - Submitted I-751 via mail

AOS (I-130 & I-485)  from H-1B, based on marriage to a USC:

3/18/2021 - Card delivered! 
3/18/2021
- Card mailed 
3/16/2021
- Approved
3/15/2021 - New card ordered
3/9/2021 - Interview completed and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action. (I had to go in with some updated and signed medical form as something was missing in the initially submitted form and they gave me an appointment for the following week)
1/22/2021 - Scheduled interview
1/19/2021 - Ready to schedule for interview

1/15/2021 (1 year and 2 months!) - Case status changed to interview cancelled! :(

12/9/2021 (1 year and 1 month) - Case status changed to interview scheduled

1/21/2020 (Day 73) - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

12/12/2019 (Day 33) - Biometrics Appointment. Case status online updated to fingerprints received.

12/6/2019 (Day 27) - Called USCIS customer care and received an email copy of biometrics notice as I had misplaced the original one

11/22/2019 (Day 20) - Received biometrics notice letter for 12/12 biometrics appointment (No status changes in online USCIS case trackers)

11/18/2019 (Day 9) - USCIS charged credit card. Received text notifications from USCIS with case number (Checked case numbers to see following statuses: 11/12 - Case was received, 11/18 - Fingerprint fee was received)

11/10/2019 (Day 1) - USPS notification of delivery to USCIS
11/8/2019 - Sent application via USPS

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Ashley Marin said:

Hi all,

For those filing under 3-year marriage rule, what are all the documents you submitted under "additional evidence"? I am filing under the 3-year marriage rule and I'm confused how much evidence I need to provide apart from the required GC, marriage certificate, birth certificate, and 3 years' worth tax transcripts. The USCIS website is very generic and I don't know if I need to provide 3 years' worth of documents or just the most recent? Did you provide quarterly/annual documents?

Thanks,

Ashley

I did not submit additional documentation under ‘additional evidence’

I included both our kids birth certificates, 3 years of taxes, mortgage statement, property taxes, bank accounts as well as savings statements from 2021. 

1 hour ago, Ashley Marin said:

Hi all,

Thanks,

Ashley

Additionally I submitted joint car insurance, lease docs, bank statements, utility bills, driver's license showing same address. Since we have kids, the lawyer said we don't need to submit pictures of us. 

Timeline

Is there a way to see the biometric details online?

Today it said that my biometrics appointment was scheduled and the notice has been sent to me, but that if I do not receive a notice by Jan 22, to make an e-request and they’ll give me a copy. 

wished they would have re-used my biometrics from my IR1. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My lawyer mailed my application on 11/28/23. This was the first day I qualified under the 90 day early filing rule for the 5 years.

NOA: 12/1/23, We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice.

12/6/23: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS.

I use the Case Tracker app and website. I also use Lawfully app for more details like timeline compared to others.

Also, should I be following this thread or the November 2023 thread? 

1 hour ago, BunyanP said:

Is there a way to see the biometric details online?

Today it said that my biometrics appointment was scheduled and the notice has been sent to me, but that if I do not receive a notice by Jan 22, to make an e-request and they’ll give me a copy. 

wished they would have re-used my biometrics from my IR1. 

Yes you can. PDF file.

helped filing for a friend under 5 years rule. 2.5 months early filing

parents of USC and came to the US as GC holder ( consular processing)

filing date (online) : 12/22/24 

most likely will get biometric appointment since she never done it in the US at all

evidence to submit : tax transcripts

field office : Los Angeles

Edited by Verrou

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

My application is the same, IR5 via consular processing. I got my biometrics appointment two days after submitting my N400. Appointment is in a few days. Will post after completing it.

All the best to your friend’s parents. I did not submit tax transcripts. Just my kids bc and copy of my gc.

1 hour ago, Lynni said:

Hi,

My application is the same, IR5 via consular processing. I got my biometrics appointment two days after submitting my N400. Appointment is in a few days. Will post after completing it.

All the best to your friend’s parents. I did not submit tax transcripts. Just my kids bc and copy of my gc.

yes, i / we also submitted

1. the kids BC and copy of GC ( its mandatory LOL)

2. marriage certificate of the applicant and husband, married last year in home country)

3. divorce certificate for both applicant and husband with former spouse

4. tax transcript ( 2021-2022). applicant didnt file tax for 2019-2020 because made zero income and not working

the applicant/parent( my friend) is the parent of USC. 

Edited by Verrou

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.