Salva

I-751 abuse wavier | Potomac feb 2021

24 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Salva said:

Thank you for everyone's response. The problem with applying divorce wavier was I did not have enough evidence to show bonafide marriage, No joint auto or medical insurance, No joint vehicle and I am assuming based on these factors my lawyer applied abuse wavier. By the time my ex wife got back on her feet the abuse had already started it just took me a bit to realize what's happening with me and at that point she was not interested with any of the so called "joint stuff" and my lawyer applied for abuse wavier without even consulting me. I dont know at this point what will be the outcome of my case but the entire situation is too stressful for me and what's stressing me more is USCIS customer rep is not telling me anything about my case. On November 7 my case will be out of processing times and I am planning to submit an inquiry november 8 to get their attention on my case.  

So was this a bonafide marriage or maybe more of a convenient marriage for both parties? To me it seems odd that she “wasn’t interested in the ‘joint stuff’” because that usually would be a very natural thing after getting married. 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

5 hours ago, Salva said:

Thank you for everyone's response. The problem with applying divorce wavier was I did not have enough evidence to show bonafide marriage, No joint auto or medical insurance, No joint vehicle and I am assuming based on these factors my lawyer applied abuse wavier. By the time my ex wife got back on her feet the abuse had already started it just took me a bit to realize what's happening with me and at that point she was not interested with any of the so called "joint stuff" and my lawyer applied for abuse wavier without even consulting me. I dont know at this point what will be the outcome of my case but the entire situation is too stressful for me and what's stressing me more is USCIS customer rep is not telling me anything about my case. On November 7 my case will be out of processing times and I am planning to submit an inquiry november 8 to get their attention on my case.  

That makes no sense.   The burden of proof for the bonafides is the same.

3 hours ago, Daphne . said:

So was this a bonafide marriage or maybe more of a convenient marriage for both parties? To me it seems odd that she “wasn’t interested in the ‘joint stuff’” because that usually would be a very natural thing after getting married. 

I agree.

OP, sounds like a GC marriage, honestly.   

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

it was a legitimate marriage, we spend around 20k on wedding and in addition to that I came here on K1. Prior to k1 visa we were in relationship for 2 years although it was long distance. After an accident in 2018 as I said she was bed rested for over a year and had multiplie surgeries and procedures and during that time I couldn't get any bonafide like account and insurance etc. in 2019 when she got back on her feet the, her behaviour towards me was already changed and abuse was already started. she was dating some other man from her school for that I have tons of proof and currently she is married to same man so whatever plans I made she was not intrested with any. i caught her red handed with that man in our room and then we ended in divorce.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It does seem much more a Divorce waiver case.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

8 minutes ago, Salva said:

she was dating some other man from her school for that I have tons of proof and currently she is married to same man so whatever plans I made she was not intrested with any. i caught her red handed with that man in our room and then we ended in divorce.

Assuming she knew the guy before meeting you, this really hurts your case, doesn't help. In USCIS's mind her real love was the guy from her school and you were just a source of income. Be very careful how you frame your relationship at the interview. You need your lawyer's help to practice and have a clear story.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline

Things were fine between us before she joined school. The problems started few weeks after she joined school and thats where she met the guy who she cheated me with. It started with taking my debit card, not answering my calls, texts, no conversations whatso ever till it got to the point where she would threat me, kick me out of the room and then we started sleeping seprate. I had to ask her permmission for smallest of the things and I was not allowed to make any decision about my ownself and if i did so she would get too vocal and start beating me. She would call on my job and address me with different names. I was sleeping at my job place for several nights till my employer help me with some space in his basement where I lived for a month. She would rip my clothes, take my ID,SSN card etc etc. and all these things are documented and I have screenshots of her textual conversation.   

4 minutes ago, Salva said:

Things were fine between us before she joined school. The problems started few weeks after she joined school and thats where she met the guy who she cheated me with. It started with taking my debit card, not answering my calls, texts, no conversations whatso ever till it got to the point where she would threat me, kick me out of the room and then we started sleeping seprate. I had to ask her permmission for smallest of the things and I was not allowed to make any decision about my ownself and if i did so she would get too vocal and start beating me. She would call on my job and address me with different names. I was sleeping at my job place for several nights till my employer help me with some space in his basement where I lived for a month. She would rip my clothes, take my ID,SSN card etc etc. and all these things are documented and I have screenshots of her textual conversation.   

I'm really sorry you went through this.

Could / did your employer write an affidavit describing all of this? That could help your case.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline

yes he did wrote an affidavit initially at the time of filling an I-751 and I have submitted it and there are some co workers who  also wrote affidavit along with their IDs who witnessed my bruises and arranged my stay in my employers basement and they documented it in their affidavit. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You need a good attorney, not the one who told you to file I-751 abuse waiver. Dump your current attorney and find someone who knows what they're doing.

Edited by Cathi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.