JMerr

K1 Visa being returned to USCIS? [merged threads]

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
17 minutes ago, JMerr said:

So its a problem. That i have a child out of wedlock. But yet people get visas with 17 year difference. Okay 👌🏼 

It is the totality

And 17 is not even close to the VJ record.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

In-person "face time" is crucial, both to prove a bona fide relationship and to head off unpleasant surprises after marriage.  Marriage is a lot more permanent than people often realize.  Marry in haste, repent in leisure.  Invest ample time in person before proceeding.

Administrative processing is routine at Middle Eastern & North African consulates.

Especially  since she has a daughter .

Edited by W199

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, JMerr said:

Why would that be. It is common here in America. 😐

But In Algeria, its not and most mother of Algerian men would not accept 

Understanding the culture is a big part of getting a visa approved /his culture will follow to the US (i  know i live with a Sunni Muslum  as he would be from the Kabylie region )

Algeria also has unwed mothers but its not acceptable

“There are also a substantial number of unmarried single mothers, with around 3,000 children born outside marriage annually. A strong stigma is attached to these women and their offspring. Unmarried single mothers are often rejected by their own families and have to endure immense social pressure

that is from https://www.refworld.org/pdfid/4d2ebf022.pdf

there is a lot to learn and understand when it comes to marrying a man from different religion and he will always be Algerian even when naturalizing

Big issue for us is "i don't cook Moroccan food"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
13 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

You’re conflating the red flags for the consulate vs us. WE are not saying these are red flags FOR US. But the consulate does and we know this from years we spent here coming across different cases. It’s the truth and the sooner you can accept that and work towards securing an approval the better it is for you. There is no need to get defensive about it, you do not need to prove anything to us. It’s the consulate you need to convince your relationship is legitimate and they key to that is spending significant time together in person. 

You should listen to @JeanneAdil. Their K1 was denied at the Morocco consulate and the CR1 after that as well. They had to appeal and the entire immigration journey took 6 years I believe. They had several - what the consulate sees - as “red flags” but they were able to overcome them.

He has to prove he knows our cultural and is willing to accept it and if u get a Stokes interview, u must know his

Learn it,  accept it and prove it to USCIS and fight for the visa,   I did 

My comments are not meant to be just-plain critical but i hear from many Algerians,  Tunisians and Moroccans and know what  we have to face

It can be heartbreaking /immigration can seem cruel but they are in control of our lives at this point and they have the right to say ya or nay

allah yekbel means God hear your prayers

• 1 month later...

Hello, I posted my story here a while back. Our case is from Algeria. 
Our petition was refused under administrative processing without reason at the interview Sept 24 and then about 2 weeks later, Oct9, we were sent the email of possible revocation to USCIS. Through this time the embassy kept his passport and gave us no reason of course.
Well it has been a while so I sent an email for an inquiry and to see about his passport because of course everyone says that revocation is a dead end so we were going to plan and get married.

I emailed Nov22 and got a reply Nov28 saying , “Please be informed this case is now being referred to Administrative Review. New information when available will be communicated to the beneficiary in writing. We are unable to provide an estimate wait time.” 
So my questions are. 
Is this a good thing?

Is there still hope for us?

or Is this just the same as revocation but if it is they would have sent back the passport once they sent back the petition like they told me in one email right?  
How long does Administrative Review usually take? 
What is Administrative Review?  
Any information might help I just wanted a little more insight. 

• Chancy changed the title to K1 Visa being returned to USCIS? [merged threads]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.