TBoneTX

Israel Declares 'Readiness for War' After Hamas Launches Rocket Barrage, Infiltration

625 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Pooky said:

Does it need an active signal for homing? If the missile crew never saw it coming, it’s doubtful the radar ever went active.

I’m still going with the anti-radar aspect being a red herring, to throw interested parties off the scent of how they did it. Plus, it fits with the IDF not giving anything away. I mean, they still haven’t said they did it. ☠️

most new ARM's are able to remember a target's location, so turning the search radar on and off no longer works.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ban Hammer said:

most new ARM's are able to remember a target's location, so turning the search radar on and off no longer works.

If, as the article says, the weapon was launched “far from Israeli or Iranian airspace” then the 160nm range isn’t enough to reach Natanz from outside Iran.

Most likely theory now is either a Silver Sparrow, or modified Blue Sparrow air-launched ballistic missile, fired from Syrian airspace. Range is 1,250nm, which is easily enough and the Iranians don’t have much that will pick up a ballistic trajectory.

The irony here is that Israel usually uses these without a warhead to mimic Iranian ballistic missile to test their missile defence systems. 🤣

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The replies are worth reading

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Pooky said:

If, as the article says, the weapon was launched “far from Israeli or Iranian airspace” then the 160nm range isn’t enough to reach Natanz from outside Iran.

Most likely theory now is either a Silver Sparrow, or modified Blue Sparrow air-launched ballistic missile, fired from Syrian airspace. Range is 1,250nm, which is easily enough and the Iranians don’t have much that will pick up a ballistic trajectory.

The irony here is that Israel usually uses these without a warhead to mimic Iranian ballistic missile to test their missile defence systems. 🤣

although one report i've seen indicates it was the rampage missile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampage_(missile)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

It would be a HARM, and it think the Russians have one that is long range, basically targets in an area of known SAMs and then pops up acquires target and bang.

Now they would have had some notice, probably very little but there is no such thing as complete stealth it cuts down the range of acquisition.

A S300 comprises a number of vehicles/systems, I assume they have radar spares? Usually they are used to degrade radar, you are going to hit the off switch is you detect one heading your way but then the modern ones will store the coordinates.

But the a S300 has short range systems around it to protect it from such threats and they did not work.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Boiler said:

It would be a HARM, and it think the Russians have one that is long range, basically targets in an area of known SAMs and then pops up acquires target and bang.

Now they would have had some notice, probably very little but there is no such thing as complete stealth it cuts down the range of acquisition.

A S300 comprises a number of vehicles/systems, I assume they have radar spares? Usually they are used to degrade radar, you are going to hit the off switch is you detect one heading your way but then the modern ones will store the coordinates.

But the a S300 has short range systems around it to protect it from such threats and they did not work.

It wasn’t a HARM, they don’t have enough range. And the anti-radar weapon type is a red herring. The radar was targeted to prove a point.

There are reports out there regarding the weapon type, why the Iranians never saw it coming and why they are now downplaying the whole incident.

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

Assuming the Radar was targeted because it was on I do not see how it could not have detected any incoming missile, now too late maybe to do anything, Now if they have targeted it in some other way that would be interesting.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Assuming the Radar was targeted because it was on I do not see how it could not have detected any incoming missile, now too late maybe to do anything, Now if they have targeted it in some other way that would be interesting.

The radar was targeted to prove a point, that Iran can’t see or stop an Israeli attack. Reports have no more than 3 weapons launched by the Israelis, likely from somewhere over Syria, to show that the weapons can be launched without Iran being able to do anything about them. It also showed that whereas Israel stopped a 300+ weapon attack, Iran never even saw the Israeli attack, which destroyed the intended target with precision and impunity.

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Boiler said:

The replies are worth reading

So is The Unacceptable Marie TBone in drag?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

This is a Storm Shadow, now it was detected, you can hear it, but no intercept.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

So is The Unacceptable Marie TBone in drag?

1.  Plagiarism, si man!!!

2.  Impersonating a superior primate!!!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Boiler said:

This is a Storm Shadow, now it was detected, you can hear it, but no intercept.

The Russians shot one down. 🙁

And we didn’t give any to the Israelis. In fact, the MOD has considered buying the Israeli Rampage stand-off weapon to replace the Storm Shadows we sent to Ukraine.

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

Most Storm Shadows have got through, now these came into service 20? years ago and the SAM is being operated by the Country of Manufacture and presumably have all the latest updates.

Would not like to be selling these systems to potential customers.

Edited by Boiler

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Most Storm Shadows have got through, now these came into service 20? years ago and the SAM is being operated by the Country of Manufacture and presumably have all the latest updates.

Would not like to be selling these systems to potential customers.

S-300 is old, too.

Turkey got dropped from the F-35 program for opting to purchase the S-400 system from Russia.

The S-500 entered service with the Russian military in 2021

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Abraham Pretty Sure This Feud Between Ishmael And Isaac Will Blow Over Soon

[...] The revered patriarch brushed off concerns about the ongoing conflict between his sons and said he was confident that this would only be a temporary squabble and would not linger into the future.

"I don't think it will be a long-term thing," Abraham said of the friction.  "They're half-brothers, and these types of family fights pop up from time to time.  It's pretty common, I think.  I mean, it's not like it's something that's going to be carried on by their descendants and remain an issue for thousands of years.  That'd be ridiculous."  [...]

https://babylonbee.com/news/abraham-pretty-sure-this-feud-between-ishmael-and-isaac-will-blow-over-soon

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).