DovePatrick

Been with my spouse for 30 years--what documents to submit

8 posts in this topic

First of all, last year I asked about photos. Now I would like to ask about documents to submit.

I have been with my spouse for 30 years. We never wanted to live in the USA. But we are thinking about moving to the USA to be with my aging parents, maybe within the next 3 to 5 years. 

As you can imagine, we have boxes of documents that prove a bonafide relationship/marriage. I am talking about letters from the 90s, remittances, joint credit card statements from the early 2000s, leases, insurance documents, airline tickets, etc. 

Should I submit something from every year we have been together? or just from the past 5 years? I have heard that the process can be slowed down if you submit too much. Then someone said I should submit a binder. Any help you can give I would appreciate. 

PS. Yes, I have been filing US taxes, yes, I have a sponsor. Yes, I have a domicile in the USA. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

30 years is proof enough. 

Just submit a few stuff. If I see a binder and carton box on my desk, I'll keep off those till the day I'm in good moods. 

Quarterly statements for last 5 years, insurances, tax for last 3 etc. Then maybe a few pictures ranging the 30 years (20 total, collaged 5 per page for a total of 4 pages). Maybe make I page photos from 90s, the other 2000-2010, the other 2010 to 2020 and last 2020 to 23.

P.S: Aaaaaa and it’ll be online submission...so, just submit what the system asks. 

What I wrote above was for if you were in US. But since you're outside, file I-130 online and just provide what the system asks

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Where do you live?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I seriously doubt you will need much, 30 years hard labour says it all.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, DovePatrick said:

am talking about letters from the 90s, remittances, joint credit card statements from the early 2000s, leases, insurance documents, airline tickets, etc. 

Should I submit something from every year we have been together?

* Quarterly stuff for the past 2 years

* Annual stuff for the 5 years prior to that.

* Stuff for every 5 years beyond that

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

We really did not submit a whole lot after 27 years of marriage. Aside from the documents we had the wedding picture, the Alien Number from previous green card, contract for buying an apartment, registration for current apartment with the city also the rental agreement in both names, and I think that was about it. We got through the I-130 without an RFE. Oh and the cost for gas, garbage etc. for the previous year in both of our names.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

For relationship evidence, the pages of your passport showing your time together in Brazil, and any Brazil resident status documentation will be plenty to go along with your 30 year old marriage certificate.  No need for belt and suspenders after 30 years.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.