Ricky+Vanessa

N-400 October 2023 Filers

302 posts in this topic

I checked my online USCIS account and saw I finally have a ceremony scheduled for March 26th. They must be working hard through the backlog & appear to have arranged a huge catch all one at an event centre in my city rather than at the courthouse!

For those who already attended, what happens at the ceremony? I’ve heard it is 2 hours long but that’s all I know and I feel a mix of nerves and excitement at the uncertainty. 😅

8 hours ago, Meg101 said:

I checked my online USCIS account and saw I finally have a ceremony scheduled for March 26th. They must be working hard through the backlog & appear to have arranged a huge catch all one at an event centre in my city rather than at the courthouse!

For those who already attended, what happens at the ceremony? I’ve heard it is 2 hours long but that’s all I know and I feel a mix of nerves and excitement at the uncertainty. 😅

Mine was 30 mins max. Don't know what it's like elsewhere. They gave a little speech (I heard it twice within two weeks and both times exactly the same). Played a video, we stood and repeated the oath, they played another video (America the Beautiful), I think he said something else and that was it I think. 

They took our green cards on the way in and on the way out we were give our naturalization cert.  At my location there were people downstairs to help you register to vote. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Anguilla
Timeline

My interview date is scheduled the moment my countdown clock went from approx 1 day to 0.

3-year rule Santa Ana FO with pending I-751

Applied: 10/14/23
Interview scheduled: 03/08/24
Interview date: 04/12/24

I called twice to inquire about the status of my case because we needed to travel soon. On the 2nd call operator had me on a 30-day call back notice form Tier 2 officer.

Thankfully 2 days later I got the interview notice, so I think Tier 1 officer did help me to push my case forward

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I had my interview yesterday at the Dallas service center. The officer mentioned he did not have my removal of condition file but we proceeded with the N400. After successfully passing the N400, he handed me a form marked decision cannot be made now and explained it was because he had to approve the I-751 but he assured he was going to approve both. Both status are still the same, is it normal?

Thanks!

On 3/4/2024 at 4:32 PM, stillbaffled said:

Oh no, slow!
I had a friend apply in Honolulu in November or December and she is done already. Oath ceremony done.

Hi again! 
Were you able to get an interview scheduled?  My husband finally got his interview schedule notice today, for April 2024. The anticipation had us on edge. I know we are no where near finished, but at least this is some progress. I hope that everything for you is moving along smoothly. 🙏🏽

1 minute ago, Loafhack said:

Interview just got scheduled for 18 April 2024! Filed online on 13 Oct 2023 with the 3 year rule, Chicago Field Office. Time to study for the civics test. Good luck to everyone wherever you guys are on your N400 journey!

Finally!! Congrats ! I had asked the other day if anyone was waiting for an interview and you responded to my message stating you were waiting. I was also waiting for my husband to get his since he filed around the same time as you and he finally received his interview notice yesterday (NYC field office)! We are over the moon now that things seem to be moving along.  I hope all goes well for you! Good luck 👍🏾 

14 minutes ago, Ggome001 said:

Finally!! Congrats ! I had asked the other day if anyone was waiting for an interview and you responded to my message stating you were waiting. I was also waiting for my husband to get his since he filed around the same time as you and he finally received his interview notice yesterday (NYC field office)! We are over the moon now that things seem to be moving along.  I hope all goes well for you! Good luck 👍🏾 

Thank you! Good luck to us!! 🤗

Edited by Loafhack

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Being "Actively" Reviewed since October 24th, 2023 makes me think it's not very active actually lol. Anyways, happy to see fellow Oct. '23 filers getting interviews scheduled and some have already gone on to become citizens already. Hopefully "Actively" reviewed ones like me and lots of others get some updates soon as well. 🤞

1 hour ago, gogogo786 said:

Being "Actively" Reviewed since October 24th, 2023 makes me think it's not very active actually lol. Anyways, happy to see fellow Oct. '23 filers getting interviews scheduled and some have already gone on to become citizens already. Hopefully "Actively" reviewed ones like me and lots of others get some updates soon as well. 🤞

Actively Reviewed typically means nothing is happening, the case is just waiting for its turn.

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.