Ricky+Vanessa

N-400 October 2023 Filers

302 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Kplaza007 said:

Good day everyone! I am new to this site and I have few questions. 

When you filed your N400 application,based on 5 year rule, will 5 years federal transcripts be required?

What are the required documents for N400 application , 5 year rule.

i will appreciate if I can get answers to the above questions.

Thank you!

- 5 years of tax return transcripts

- Copy of GC (front and back)

- Documents proving marital status (marriage certificate or divorce decree)

- Other documents depending if you had any criminal charges etc:

See https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/guides/M-477.pdf

On 2/15/2024 at 8:29 AM, Ricky+Vanessa said:

Daughter and I applied for our passports on 02/02 (filled in the form and took it to USPS where we also got photos taken).  I opted for expedited which currently is 2-3 weeks but did NOT opt for expedited shipping.  Anyway, passports are out for delivery today! 🎉

Yay that’s speedy and reassuring to hear. What were the fees?  Did you have to send off your British passport?

I’m itching to get back to England to see my new nephew who was born this month but I’m currently in limbo waiting for the citizenship ceremony date so need to patiently stay put. 😅

43 minutes ago, Meg101 said:

Yay that’s speedy and reassuring to hear. What were the fees?  Did you have to send off your British passport?

I’m itching to get back to England to see my new nephew who was born this month but I’m currently in limbo waiting for the citizenship ceremony date so need to patiently stay put. 😅

Can you apply for your passport at the embassy in your country?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/14/2024 at 10:50 AM, Damonlee said:

Hey guys, I had my interview on Monday 2/12 in Tampa, FL. It was a combo interview as I still have a pending I-751 ROC. The Tampa Field office called me about a week and a bit before to let me know to bring my spouse as they would be completing both interviews at once. Interview was at 8:10 AM, got called in about 9:20 AM, both sworn in, provided our drivers licenses and my Greencard. Was asked my full name, current address, how long we've been married, reviewed my travel history (which is extensive, I've traveled back to Canada about 4-6 times a year since I've lived in the US, plus another trip to the UK, so she had to add up the days to make sure I had enough days for the substantial presence test. I was asked about my employment, what I do, and then the regular security questions as asked on the N-400. We then jumped in to the civics and history questions, passed no problem. Retook a photo for my naturalization certificate, and she let me know I had passed my test, however she could not give me an official result today as my I-751 had not made it in time, but she had made an urgent request for it. Tuesday (2/13) my I-751 case updates to "Case Transferred to another office" and by Wednesday (2/14), I see "Your case has been recommended for approval" and "Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled". YAY! Overall, very easy and so relieved. 

Many congratulations, friend! Very happy to hear your journey has successfully come to an end.

On 2/18/2024 at 10:22 AM, erland said:

Can you apply for your passport at the embassy in your country?

Good question! I don't know the answer to that 🤷‍♀️   My instinct tells me it's better to be patient & just wait it out here than risk complicating things by travelling at this stage.

If anyone has personal experience with this though, I’d be curious to hear! Otherwise, I'm just checking my mailbox and the website regularly to see when the ceremony will be. 😊🥳

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, Meg101 said:

Good question! I don't know the answer to that 🤷‍♀️   My instinct tells me it's better to be patient & just wait it out here than risk complicating things by travelling at this stage.

If anyone has personal experience with this though, I’d be curious to hear! Otherwise, I'm just checking my mailbox and the website regularly to see when the ceremony will be. 😊🥳

Your closest British consulate would be in San Francisco... Long ways away for you to apply for a passport in person. I don't even know if they process regular passports there, or only emergency passports. Best to check with gov.uk and check current wait times with the Home Office. Wishing you a speedy Oath Ceremony!

Hello :)! I’m wondering if anyone that filed Oct 2023 is still waiting interview ? Husband applied Oct 20 2023 and still nothing.  Anyone experiencing the same thing ? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ggome001 said:

Hello :)! I’m wondering if anyone that filed Oct 2023 is still waiting interview ? Husband applied Oct 20 2023 and still nothing.  Anyone experiencing the same thing ? 

I filed on 10/24/2023 and still waiting for an interview. Presumably there are many others also still waiting. But a few lucky ones from Oct 2023 have indeed already naturalized or soon will be.

2 hours ago, Ggome001 said:

Hello there, 

I filed 0ct 23 2023 and still nothing, what's more concerning for me is that it's saying the case it takin longer than expected even though I seen other cases got fully completed in 1-2 months max 3. 

Have you seen something like that on your portal?

6 hours ago, Ggome001 said:

Me! My Receipt date is 13 Oct 2023, and I'm still at "actively reviewing your case." There's still a lot of us out here! 😭

On 2/18/2024 at 12:38 PM, Meg101 said:

Passport is $130 plus $60 to expedite (standard processing is 6 to  weeks and expedite currently running at 2 to 3 weeks).  Standard delivery is free - which is what I did and it is sent via USPS Priority Mail.  1-2 day delivery is an extra $19.53.  I paid $50 at USPS for processing AND photo.

Got my naturalization certificate back yesterday by first class mail.  So, I got it back less than a week after my passport arrived.

YES!  I totally get you about itching to get home.  Saaaaaaaaaaame...but then I'm always same and I go home every year (or more if I can swing a decent flight)  lol.  I just didn't want to be without a way back in the country in case of emergency.  I still have both of my elderly grandparents at home and go back to see them as often as I can so the thought of being "stuck" gave me more anxiety than this process!

Fingers crossed everything moves along smoothly and you get to see your new nephew soon 💓

15 hours ago, Leo Nora said:

Hello there, 

I filed 0ct 23 2023 and still nothing, what's more concerning for me is that it's saying the case it takin longer than expected even though I seen other cases got fully completed in 1-2 months max 3. 

Have you seen something like that on your portal?

Hello :) 
no I have not seen this message on his portal yet.  What I see is *3months*. However, I have seen it on a group I follow on Facebook where others post screenshots of their online updates and it says “taking longer than expected”.  If my husband doesn’t get an interview by March, I’m sure his wait time will change to ..longer than expected*.  Most people that have waited 4-5+ months have that message . Hopefully we hear back soon. 

11 hours ago, Loafhack said:

Me! My Receipt date is 13 Oct 2023, and I'm still at "actively reviewing your case." There's still a lot of us out here! 😭

It’s a bit nerve wracking huh… the unknown lol. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello all, I just checked my online uscis account to see an interview was scheduled and notice mailed out today. My interview is scheduled for early April in KC. Now time to get more serious about studying 😅

Question for those who recently had interviews, aside from the required documents on the notice did you also take updated tax return for 2023 if you filled taxes already? 

10 hours ago, MARP said:

Hello all, I just checked my online uscis account to see an interview was scheduled and notice mailed out today. My interview is scheduled for early April in KC. Now time to get more serious about studying 😅

Question for those who recently had interviews, aside from the required documents on the notice did you also take updated tax return for 2023 if you filled taxes already? 

You should take all the evidence (in case if you want to be bulletproof) or at least updated evidence since filing to minimize any issues. Chances are you won't be asked anything, but you want to be safe than sorry. Also, it does show to IO you're serious about your case, so it decreases probability of them wanting to screw with your interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.