Lance-Skywalker

Need some clarification

25 posts in this topic

My wife and I met at the college back in 2018. we were both attending and graduated from. now we wanted to take it serious and got married in Jan 23rd 2023 since January we been just making preparations to be together stack money and complete our last stretch with our certifications we are earning.we are currently in our abroad countries im US she is Bermudian. I want to start the process and I’ve done a bit of research but I’m new to this information is it best we complete our process our selves or so company like boundless immigration, greencard hero, or simple citizen to do it?Any other alternative we can’t afford a lawyer I’m afraid. I currently live with my uncle until 

the duration of process is over. What role does my uncle plays since I live with him . as far as I can tell we don’t have criminal records, we both graduated from college,she has

Had a visa to go to school with she paid taxes and had intership, and I work 3 jobs, and will be during the duration of process. Need guidance and point me in the direction on beginning the process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Lance-Skywalker said:

I currently live with my uncle until 

In what country does your uncle live?

21 minutes ago, Lance-Skywalker said:

the duration of process is over. What role does my uncle plays since I live with him

None most likely.

23 minutes ago, Lance-Skywalker said:

Need guidance and point me in the direction on beginning the process.

Fill put I-130 online first.

https://www.visajourney.com/guides/ir1-spouse-visa/

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Lance-Skywalker said:

Thanks and Sorry I’m in US my wife is in Bermuda 

Do you earn enough money per I-864p?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

https://www.uscis.gov/family/bring-spouse-to-live-in-US

follow the USCIS guides to bring spouse to US

Where did spouse go to college?  if country other than US or native country,  she will need criminal report from that country at the 2nd stage

u will need income for the support according to poverty guidelines for the year the case gets to NVC stage (about a year after petition)

find the poverty guides online at that time and understand u need to have at least 125% for the number of people in your household

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Living with your Uncle is irrelevant to the process.  Will you soon go to work, so you qualify as her sponsor?  That part comes about a year after the I-130 is filed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I appreciate it guys, we are going to start the process this week and needed clarification. We both went to college in MS got married in MS and she went back she has a F-1 visa she got a SSN for internship paid taxes she is in the system. My uncle and I live together and I have 3 jobs that should equals the required income. She can travel back and forward without a visa. With all this information at hand I should be fine right? Also is it income per person or total amount. For the poverty guidelines? Lastly is it best to file online or mail.

Edited by Lance-Skywalker

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Lance-Skywalker said:

I appreciate it guys, we are going to start the process this week and needed clarification. We both went to college in MS got married in MS and she went back she has a F-1 visa she got a SSN for internship paid taxes she is in the system. My uncle and I live together and I have 3 jobs that should equals the required income. She can travel back and forward without a visa. With all this information at hand I should be fine right? Also is it income per person or total amount. For the poverty guidelines? Lastly is it best to file online or mail.

Consult the I-864p for needed income per household size.

There's a pinned thread about visiting during the process.

My opinion is the Online form is still "glitchy".  No such problems with filing by Priority Mail.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Lance-Skywalker said:

Also is it income per person or total amount. For the poverty guidelines?

You need to earn $24,650 for a household of 2 people. By the time she gets a visa, expect this to be higher as it is indexed to inflation. The I-864p numbers should be seen as necessary and not always sufficient. 

4 hours ago, Lance-Skywalker said:

She can travel back and forward without a visa.

How?

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

You need to earn $24,650 for a household of 2 people. By the time she gets a visa, expect this to be higher as it is indexed to inflation. The I-864p numbers should be seen as necessary and not always sufficient. 

He lives with his uncle, and stated he will until the process is over, so household size will be bigger.

Edited by Me and her

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Me and her said:

He lives with his uncle, and stated he will until the process is over, so household size will be bigger.

Room mates and tenants are not necessarily in the same household. 

Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size

Add together the number of persons for whom you are financially responsible. 

I did not see where OP is financially responsible for the uncle.

Further:

Item Number 7. This question gives you the option of including certain other non-dependent relatives who are living in your residence as part of your household size. Such relatives may include your mother, father, sister, brother or adult children, if they are living in your residence. However, the only reason to include these relatives in your household size is if you need to include their income when you calculate your household income for purposes of meeting the income requirement for this affidavit. To be considered, any relative included in this category must sign and submit Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member

While it is not clear to me if an uncle is a qualifying relative, it would nonetheless require an I-864a from the uncle. 

I suggest that if the uncle’s income is needed, that the uncle be a joint sponsor through I-864, household of 3, and OP be the primary sponsor, household of 2.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Me and her said:

Not so.  Uncle is not a qualifying household member and is also not a dependent.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Any forms uncle needs to fill out or be aware of? and great thanks visa journey has helped me so just to clarify. I-130 Cr1 pay fees do affidavit and nvc and what about the medical part of things. Should I add the following on forms below 

1-paid taxes for internship 

2-graduate from College in US

3-Part of Track teams so she comes to states to compete constantly even after college.

4-has a F1 Visa (expired)

Edited by Lance-Skywalker
Needed to ask a question

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.